New, Excited & nervous

Roed
on 9/14/16 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

i had my 1st seminar last night. I am 52yrs old 5'7" & 293lbs 45BMI but in otherwise excellent health. No diabetes or prediabetes, no blood pressure or heart issues & im not even sure if I have sleep apnea. I do have hypothyroid & my gallbladder was removed about 4 yrs ago. My main problem is not what I eat but how much. I am a healthy over eater. No junk, fast food or sofa. I am married & my husband was very concerned about WLS for me but after the seminar he's on board. It was very exciting to see & hear the post op patients & they really give you a lot of hope. I'm also very scared that this won't work for me because like everyone here I e tried everything. I'm considering Gastric bypass. My appointment with the surgeon for initial consultation is October 7. I have a very big vacation planned for February & im considering waiting until just after that for surgery just in case there are any complications. I'm also terrified because for every 100 awesome stories I read I see 1 or 2 knight mares. Any words of encouragement, support or tips would be so incredibly appreciated. I'll even consider warnings or words of caution. Thank you for letting me join.

Daniel B.
on 9/14/16 5:58 pm - Mansfield, OH
RNY on 01/20/17

Roed,

I have not found a single person on this site that has a negative experience and only wish they had done it before.  With that being said make sure you are at peace with the choice.  

I am also pre op but I have made my decision and I accept the good and the bad.  I am excited for my new journey and know that without the proper mindset I will not be successful.  I choose my new life even with the risks that I may encounter.

Good luck to you and please do what is right for you.

Sunqueen15
on 9/15/16 1:01 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Do it! I promise you, your hubby will be more than on board when you drop the weight and you'll be over the moon with all the fantastic results that come along with the RNY. I have to say, it still shocks me that people even have second thoughts. I prayed to be approved and once I was, there was no looking back and I am sooooo thankful I didn't! I had my surgery in March. Like me, you sound like a great candidate because you were already eating healthy, just too much and didn't have any other health issues. So the adjustment to the menu was pretty easy. The things I had the most difficult time with were the lack of hunger, the feeling full super quick, and just trying to fit all the water and protein requirements in. I have to agree that vacation before surgery might be a good idea only because that was something that was super weird to adjust for me! My family and I are big foodies so our vacations were always centered around "where we will eat" "what new foods we'll try" "lots of rest, relaxation, and being lazy"...but... now food CANNOT be the focus and I find myself so much more active that I want to do things that require physical activity and fitting in little cars that go fast (go karts LOL) and it was just an overall adjustment to what I was used to. Over all, I can't sell this surgery and the difference FOR THE BETTER that it makes enough! I'd pitch this to you all day long if I could. Whatever "bad" side affects that come along with it, DO NOT out weigh the good and I personally sit here 70lbs less than I was 5 months ago loving the new me...in my cute new outfit...that's a medium!!! I don't think I ever wore a medium in my adulthood LOL I wish you the best of luck :-) in your decision making process!!

Roed
on 9/15/16 3:35 am

Thank you for your encouragement. I am going to to do it. It's just scary because it's surgery & it's hard to believe your life will change when you've been like this your whole life. I am looking forward to the good & hope everything goes smoothly. Thank you.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 145 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?