What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/26/16 5:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey guys, how's things?  LOL  So, obvs I was absent last week.  I was dealing with some personal issues and felt the need to step away from social media (except MFP, because I need to keep my login streak!) so I could get my **** together.  I realized I was making some pretty terrible choices in a few different areas of my life and I had a "come to Jesus" moment with myself.  Well, my **** is definitely still not "together", but I'm working on it.  Adulting is hard, y'all.

QOTD!  What'd I miss?  LOL

Time since surgery:  2 years, 2 months

B:  steel cut oats with PB and a few banana slices

S:  nope

L:  turkey baloney sandwich and 1 oz. sharp cheddar

D:  ?  If I'm feeling up to actually making/eating something after job #2, I'll probably have egg salad and pork rinds

TOTALS:  Cals:  877  Protein:  51  Carbs:  68  Fat:  47

This is an awful menu but I don't really care.  Have a great day!   

chassibi
on 9/26/16 5:12 am

OMG, we missed you! Daisy and other people did a great job, but I missed your snark.  

QOTD: Daisy's insightful and deep questions. You will have to read all about them.

B- triple zero yogurt and irish tea w/SF creamer

L- chick fila grilled nuggets, diet lemonade

D- 3 oz chicken, alfredo sauce and maybe some zucchini

S- babybel cheese

Totals: Cals- 658; protein-82; carbs-36; fat-23 (and that my friends is as good as it's gonna get for these cals I think!)

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

AngryViking
on 9/26/16 6:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm so mad we don't have a Chick-Fil-A around these parts.  I feel deprived every time someone posts about the grilled nuggets.  LOL 

Teena D.
on 9/26/16 6:40 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

No Chick-Fil-A in Canada at all! We had a meal there in PA this summer- but I didn't choose the grilled nuggets- that will be next year.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

AngryViking
on 9/26/16 10:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's the closest one to me!  Effing Pennsylvania.  Boo!

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 2:23 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

They are my go to meal two nights a week after the gym. Perfect for me. And I would likely want to grab something else that would not be the best choice.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Sunqueen15
on 9/26/16 4:59 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

Silly question...do you dip them in anything? I'm really weird about plain old chicken because of its blandness or weird texture. I've been afraid to try these. But I do know I love their awsome dipping sauce! lol 

G2GAWAY
on 9/26/16 10:56 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I dip the corner in the chick-fil-a sauce, but just the smallest amount. I throw most of it away.  According to Myfitnesspal, the calorie count in one packet is 140 calories and I use less than 1/4 of it, which is 35 calories.  I have never been one to use much sauce or dressing on anything, but I do like a tiny bit for moisture. There might be other sauces with a better calorie count.  The kids meal fruit cup is 130 calories total, plus the sauce makes it 165.  It appears that there are other sauces with lower calorie counts.  Maybe I should change it up to a lower calorie sauce, like honey mustard.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Sunqueen15
on 9/27/16 1:56 am
RNY on 03/21/16

I gotta get me some of these nuggets ;-) 

Teena D.
on 9/26/16 5:19 am, edited 9/25/16 10:19 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

So glad you're back! We were all worried about you. Hope things are ok.

QOTD- I've finished all the pre-op appointments and now have an appointment to meet the surgeon. In the long process of getting bariatric surgery in Ontario, this is a huge milestone. It was anti-climatic, when they called with the appointment though - as it's 2 months away on November 25th. I asked the girl who called with the date if she knew when I would have surgery. She didn't seem to be impressed and told me it wouldn't be until spring. I'm still remaining optimistic that I WILL be able to get in sooner.   

So, as promised, here is my menu for today:

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch - zucchini noodles and spaghetti sauce-  I actually made the noodles and got this ready last night after church- quite proud of myself. :)

I have an apple and a banana for snacks, as well as some cucumber slices... going to try to avoid the fruit.

Supper- not sure - hubby is home today, and he's talking about hamburger stew that he has never made before.... and he's just not that good at stew or soup so not sure what supper will be, but if supper is made when I get home, I sure won't be complaining- bring on the hot sauce... A good friend of mine says that good cooking deserves hot sauce and bad cooking needs it. I am definitely with him on the bad cooking.

Have a great day everyone! And thanks for putting up with my pre-op meanderings and vents.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?