What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/14/16 4:30 am, edited 10/14/16 6:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Friday Menu Family! Its Photo Friday, let's see your fun photos of any topic you want!

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?  Saturday we are probably going to hike the dogs at our local Provincial Park and see the Fall colours and Sunday I asked hubby to take me clothes shopping, I need some new Fall outfits and shoes! YES SHOPPING!

QOTD: Do you eat fast?  Do you practice Mindful Eating? Do you eat by a clock or do you eat "when I am hungry?" I don't eat fast and I was the slowest eater even pre surgery, I tend to eat so slow that my food often gets cold and I am okay with that.  In the beginning just post-surgery I had to really practice the Mindful Eating thing.  It was hard.  I eat by a clock now, not when I am hungry because I truly still have not figured out if I am really hungry or if I am bored and having head hunger.  I do eat 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks, so if I am not drinking liquids I am eating and then waiting my 30 minutes after I eat and back to drinking. I remember post-surgery this felt like a full time job trying to figure out how to space eating, drinking and vitamins all out.  It really helps me a lot that by weighing and measuring my food out I know that once I finish my 3oz of dense protein and my veggies if I can fit them in I am done. I don't look to "finish my plate" and oddly it bothers my Mother the most when I go to her house and eat that I have so little food on my plate and eat it slowly, it's like she is offended I am not eating a heaping plate of food in 5 minutes flat. 

My photo's today are of me a few weekends ago we went to a wedding, I am wearing an East Indian suit (the suit is a long pair of black pants and the top is like a long dress but slits up the sides, it was so comfy to dance in and it "hides" the extra skin well.  The couple beside me is my husbands cousins, they had just announced they are pregnant and due in May 2017), it was an amazing wedding and we had a blast and I danced all night long. The next two pics are of my dogs, out for our walk last night I stuck this red Maple Leaf in their collars and made them sit so I could take pics, I do that a lot, I am sure they think I am crazy!!

So our Toronto Blue Jays MLB baseball team is in the ALCS (American League Championship Series) Game 1 tonight against the Cleveland Indian, just gotta say GO JAYS GO!

Time since surgery: 2 years and 11 months

B: oatmeal with a scoop of unflavored protein powder and Splenda Brown Sugar

L: 3 oz of roast chicken breast with A1 sauce

S: two babybel cheese

D: 3oz of roast chicken breast with A1 sauce and some broccoli with butter!

S: two baby bel cheese and a Health Smart Protein Hot Chocolate before bed

Totals: 860 calories, 101 protein, 45 carbs, 31 fat

PatchMD vitamin patches are on (multi, Iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 3 coffees done so far, lots of ice water with SF cranberry juice throughout the day

Exercise: walking the dogs after work tonight

Have an amazing day and fabulous weekend friends! 

ETA: a full length pic of my outfit

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

chassibi
on 10/14/16 4:56 am

Good morning, TGIF for reals. I hope a relaxing and fun weekend ahead for us. Tonight we will do a small bonfire, hamburgers, hotdogs and marshmallows for the small fry. Then tomorrow is a local community festival. Lots of yardsale, kitchy stuff and local color. Sunday will be church, then we are celebrating Jeff's 14th birthday with family and some close friends.

QOTD: I'm a fast eater, being a nurse for 16 years, I have been virtually programmed to be, however, I have learned to slow down some. Still the most difficult thing for me is not finishing my 3-4 oz of whatever. So if I plan to have 3 oz of deli meat, I may actually only get down 2 oz before I know I'm finished. I have this stupid mental thing where I'm a little sad about it. Ugh. I usually end up feeding it to my tiny ****zu who needs to put on weight anyway. In fact, she pretty much sits at my feet at mealtimes waiting for scraps.

B- bottom round beef shredded with au jus (this was fab you guys--just put in crock pot all day with au jus, cannot recommend enough, mad on subs w/a slice of provolone for the rest of the family, like a French dip)

L- unsure, am leaving work early to take my son to dentist this afternoon, and we will have lunch first, will be protein forward

D- hamburger

S- if anything, will be triple zero yogurt

No totals, as I'm not sure about lunch yet, but have been keeping cals under 700 pretty consistently

Pics are: celebrating Jeff on his actual bday last night, and the lovely flowers a couple of my nurses brought me this morning. (They know I'm having a hard time and worked my tail off yesterday).

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Daisydoo02
on 10/14/16 5:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Jeff's smile lights up a room, he is a very handsome boy!!  Hope his bday was fun!  Those flowers are stunning (I LOVE FLOWERS) and how thoughtful and supportive of your co workers to do that for you!  I hope work gets better soon or you can find your "dream" job stat!

Your bonfire with all the fixin's sounds awesome and the local festival would be alot of fun too!

One day when you are years post op and you can easily eat 3oz or more of a food you will look back at these days where 2oz fills you up and be sad, trust me!!!!!!! And that is cute your dog waits for the leftovers, love it!

Your "French Dip" sounds amazing. I love using my slow cooker and welcome other people's recommendations!

Have a great day and a great weekend, I hope you find a reason to smile today because you smile is so beautiful!

Theduffman27
on 10/14/16 6:21 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Great pics Chassidi! Your son is glowing, Happy Birthday to him!

Emiepie
on 10/14/16 6:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the pics. How thoughtful of the nurses!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 10/14/16 6:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Love your son's smile!

I am in the clean plate club, and even with measuring- some days it is too much and it is hard to stop and say "NO!" #WLSproblems

The flowers are gorgeous!! My grandfather was a flower farmer :) You don't think about it, but somebody's gotta do it. :) I did not inherit the green thumb.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

pammieanne
on 10/14/16 6:59 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

He looks so genuinely happy! I wish my almost 15yo could find that big happy smile more often these days!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Insert Fitness
on 10/14/16 5:11 am

Morning!

I vow to finally learn how to upload pics on here from my iPad. Soon... hahah I love seeing the photos, and think it's only fair to contribute!

this weekend we'll be watching the Jays game with friends. A friend and I got the crazy idea to brine our own olives, so we will be canning them Saturday I think. And Sunday is my Bday. We're doing an escape room, which is set in a museum here in Ottawa, which is an underground coldwar bunker museum. Should be fun!

Qotd: before surgery, I was always the last to finish eating, so I thought post op would be easy... not so much. I've only eaten way too fast a couple of times. But being mindful with a half cup of food, is going to take practice... I also eat by the clock, as I'm never hungry (yet) and I've had to become a bit more aware of that as I've missed meals, and wondered why I have a headache etc. 

Menu:

B: protein shake

L: cottage cheese and some raspberries 

D: I'm making mushroom soup, so a bit of that to try, and pork tenderloin.

S: yogurt or protein shake as needed.

Calories under 500, protein 60.

have a great weekend everyone!

Daisydoo02
on 10/14/16 6:15 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I can't help you on the uploading pics on an iPad, I usually post from my work computer and its super easy that way. Maybe some others here can (I think Karenp8 and Grim post from tablets).

Happy early Bday!!

YAY on watching the Jays, game, they are hot right now eh!! So exciting!  I LOVE Olives, enjoy that is such a great idea!  Oh I have family that live in Ottawa, one of my cousins did the Escape room you are talking about with his friends, he loved it, they didn't "make it out" but he said it was awesome.  Me personally I refuse to pay to be scared, I can get scared by my own shadow so an escape room is a no go for me! LOL

Good looking menu!  Keep up the great work!!

pammieanne
on 10/14/16 7:02 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

The ones I have been to haven't really been all that scary, more like playing Clue in real life... interesting and intriguing... not like a Halloween spook house at all!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 282 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 280 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?