What's on your Menu (Monday) today RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/17/16 4:52 am, edited 10/17/16 5:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good Morning! Happy Monday!  Did everyone have a good weekend?  Mine was good, quiet but good. Got some new sweaters and a new pair of black wedge boots!  Still battling this cold but it is getting better, I am hearing that its taking 6-8 weeks to fully get out of people's systems.  Its oddly warm here in Toronto, right now it's 63 degrees going up to 70 later and tomorrow is supposed to go up to 75 degrees and have a humidex on top of that, go figure, Summer in October.  I am sure it won't last though.

QOTD: Do you feel you have old "bad" habits returning? What (if anything) are you struggling with the most. For me its snacking in the evening.  I am fine up until about 8pm.  I go to bed at 10pm and between 8pm and 10pm I want to eat the world.  I eat dinner later, around 630pm-7:30pm so I should not be hungry. I think it's just my old bad habit creeping in of wanting to snack.  Pre surgery I was a huge snacker, all day long, I would eat all my calories in snacks and eat a very small meal because then I could maximize my snacking, it's sad but true! I have to fight it and I feel like it's a daily thing, the urge to snack is strong and I feel like I am constantly "talking" to myself to stop.   Newbies I appreciate this question may not be relevant to you yet but do take note of the answers because the struggle is real, it gets so hard once you are post 12-18 months, trust me!

Time since surgery 2 years & 11 months

B: oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and Brown Sugar Splenda

L: 3.5 oz of chicken breast with A1 sauce

S: two babybel cheese

D: 3.5 oz of chicken breast with A1 sauce and ½ cup of broccoli with lots of butter!

S: 2 hardboiled eggs sliced on red pepper strips

TOTALS: 784 calories, 94 protein, 40 carbs, 34 fat

PatchMD vitamin patches are on (multi, Iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 3 coffees done, lots of ice water with SF cranberry throughout the day

Exercise: if not pouring rain when I get home will take the dogs for a nice hike

Have an awesome start to your week my friends! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

chassibi
on 10/17/16 4:59 am

Good morning Daisy! Glad to hear you're on the mend, sometimes those colds hold on forever.

I have a 2nd interview today at a local hospital with the staff I would be supervising, so we shall see how that goes. Hoping to get some other calls this week as well.

QOTD: I don't think so YET. However, yesterday for the first time since surgery I went over my calories.  Ate lunch at a friend's house yesterday and did okay, dinner was out at Mexican for Jeff's bday and would've been fine but I ate a Chobani flip yogurt late last evening. I had bought several of them and must have picked this 200 calorie one up instead of the 100 calorie one (it was the only one in the bunch). It was delicious, but I was angry at myself all last night after eating it. I don't know how people manage to get through the weight loss phase without ever screwing up, but apparently I'm not that girl. Anyway, it's a new day and there are no more 200 calorie yogurts in my fridge!

B- leftover chicken fajita innards

L- probably a bit of a cobb salad, need to take my boss lunch for Boss's day

D- tuna with balsamic on mixed greens (thanks Daisy!)

S- yogurt (100 cal haha)

Totals- Cals- 654; carbs- 42; protein- 62; fat- 27; sugar- 15

**Also, at my lowest weight of all time today, 179.8. Yahoo.**

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Daisydoo02
on 10/17/16 5:32 am, edited 10/17/16 1:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Fingers & toes crossed for your second interview!  Do you want this job or are you holding out for one you have your eye on?

For the record you are not the only person during the weight loss phase to have a "oops" moment.  Sure if feels horrible and you are mad at yourself but you are aware you did it and you have already said to yourself and us that you won't do it again.

The tuna with balsamic over salad greens is the bomb right? And its so filling!!! And awesome protein!  Enjoy!

CONGRATS on your lowest weight of all time, so excited for you!  Keep up the great work! 

chassibi
on 10/17/16 6:00 am

Thanks Daisy,

I'm not 100% sure on the job. I'm a manager now, and would like to advance to a director level position. The job I'm interviewing for is a manager position, so I think I would be comfortable with it, it just depends on how the salary, etc lines up. My benefit package right now is exceptional since I work for the federal government, when I've added it up, the time off alone is worth about $6,000, so I really cannot afford a paycut.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

NYMom222
on 10/17/16 6:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

So the irony of the scale- I always say it is a fickle friend.... is you are mad at yourself for eating the 200 calorie flip.... and then you have your lowest weight. The alternate universe it seems we live in sometimes can be scary.

We are not going to eat exactly the same calories everyday.... so brush your feet off and move on...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Emiepie
on 10/17/16 6:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck on your interview!! And, congrats on the lowest weight 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pammieanne
on 10/17/16 6:58 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Woo Hoo on the scale victory!!! Tastes so sweet to hit different goals!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Insert Fitness
on 10/17/16 5:13 am

Morning everyone!

had a great weekend. We did the escape room last night, and escaped from the Cold War bunker! So much fun!

going to get my potassium blood work done today. Here's hoping that's the end of the nasty elixir!

qotd: I'm too new for bad habits to be creeping, but I will say that I have to be more mindful now that the range of what I can eat is growing. Looking forward to seeing others responses on this one!

menu:

B: 1/2 protein shake and a scrambled egg

L: tofu with tamari

D:  tbd

S: yogurt or protein shake as needed.

have a great day everyone!

Daisydoo02
on 10/17/16 6:00 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

glad you had a good weekend and your escape room was fun!  fingers crossed you can stop the elixir!

Enjoy the "newbie" time when it all seems so easy and the weight drops off weekly.  Not to scare you or be a downer but trust me there will come a day when it all feels like it goes back to "normal" and you can eat a lot, hunger comes back and you fight the food demons, that is why establishing good habits NOW is so important and why we the Vets talk about it so much.

Keep up the great work!

supershopper
on 10/17/16 5:14 am

Hi thanks for starting the question early.

Weekend was good, had to take the newest pup to the vet sat so I missed yoga class. she twisted her dew claw nail all the way around so was in pain. They were able to snip it off and send her home with cream. :( hated seeing that. Then we went to neighbors house for a dinner and I did eat 1 bite of chocolate bourbon pecan pie with ice cream.

Sunday I decided NOT to do the 5k, mostly because i was just a month from my GB surgery and had not been training. we did got to the grand nephews birthday and it was so cute. I ate walnuts, almonds, 2 slices of cheese, carrots and a little cheese dip. Then I felt ill for about 2-3 hours, I'm guessing it was the cheese or too many carrots? because I usually do not eat cheese. It was more back pain and stomach ickyness. BTU I didn't eat cake! And I frosted the smash cake and cupcakes for everyone and still didn't eat it. So I suppose it was a success.

QOTD: I do have a hard time in the evening also. I try to limit myself to yogurt or a protein muffin, sometimes I have both. I do my best when I eat MEAT or something like that, then I'm not having slider foods. Also- feeling the need for a TASTE of something... I need to stop that.

Goalf or today- eat leftovers!

We have rot chicken, turkey, roast, salmon burger patty, green beans, harvest slaw from whole food to eat.

We are leaving Thursday for CAMPING!!!! so excited so it needs to remove itself from this fridge and I DO NOT like throwing away food.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 550 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 534 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 132 views
Recent Topics