I guess I'm not a very nice person

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/16 1:15 pm
RNY on 09/22/16

I joined a WLS forum on Facebook and TBH the ignorance in abundance is bringing out the worst in me. I seriously lost it the other day. Some lady posts about why people did RNY and then preceded to argue and dispute everyone who said anything to her. She kept replying that there just wasn't enough Of course me being the sarcastic arsehole I am replied back that I don't understand why people post and then argue with everything everyone else said. These guys on Facebook actually talk about doing the lemon cleanse thing if they gained weight during their pre-op phase so they can lose weight before they see their physician....nothing about sticking to the plan and learning the right way to eat  and what's best for their future. Maybe with the weight loss I will lose my need to reply on threads like that....or maybe not, sigh.

Ceci

CJ On Orcas
on 11/4/16 1:33 pm, edited 11/4/16 6:45 am
RNY on 09/09/16

LOl. I also joined the Facebook RNY group and after a few days of trying o be helpful I backed out.  That is a group of people whose ideals I do not want to mirror.  I guess enough said.  I need the hard line, truthful approach I feel like I get here...

Teena D.
on 11/7/16 4:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Yes! No sugar coating which is awesome.  

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Peanut15
on 11/4/16 2:47 pm

I am on 2 FB groups and I read somethings on there and think are you freaking kidding me. 

The Salty Hag
on 11/4/16 8:14 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

If nothing else, those kinds of groups make me feel like I'm a super genius. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

AnImperfectAngel
on 11/4/16 11:44 pm, edited 11/4/16 7:14 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Thank you for saying this.

I want to post the same thing when I read some of the posts on other FB groups, especially when someone says something outrageous and the members agree or congratulate them.

Thank God for the sanity of OH!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

karenp8
on 11/5/16 5:45 am - Brighton, IL

And that's probably why they are full of people who never met their goal or maintained. Some people don't really want to change,they just want an easy way to get different results.

Teena D.
on 11/7/16 4:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Yes! The group I'm in talks about regain at 5 months post-op and then posts how they're able to eat cheesecake. How would you know you can have cheesecake at 5 months out? A bunch of them did the 5 day pouch reset which from what I've read is a big gimmick. I'm pre-op so I don't say anything. I've posted links to info here but that's all I do. ? I am so glad I found you guys pre-op!!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?