Vitamins and Protein

Willisa1
on 11/17/16 12:43 pm
RNY on 10/27/16

I am 3 weeks out today and having a HARD time getting all my vatamins and protein in daily.  Im so nauseous that I really don't want to eat or take the pills.  It seems to take me all morning to get the meds in then I have a hard time eating due to feeling sick.  Can anyone give me some ideas?

chassibi
on 11/17/16 12:49 pm

PatchMD for vitamins is what I do. I had the same issue with the chewable vitamins. Some people swear by Centrum silver, you might try something like that you can swallow, maybe try it later in the day.

Protein--you will get there. Just keep pushing on the protein. Make high protein choices--it's difficult and I had to use shakes for a while to do it.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

MonaLisaSmile
on 11/17/16 2:23 pm - Canada

Both of these things non negotiable because they are very important to your overall health as I'm sure you know.

Eating is a must even if you feel nausea.  Try to eat a least a small amt of protein every couple hrs.

Vitamins are also a must do.  I used a centrum chewable and liquid calcium for the first few months.  It is the only way you body will get the nutrients it requires to function somewhat properly in the beginning stages especially. Are you taking them on an empty stomach??  That could cause you to feel ill for sure,

.....Protein amts (60+grams) will come in time...but you have to consciously work at it a little bit at a time.  You are only 3weeks.  It DOES take time...be patient and good to yourself....it will come.

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Insert Fitness
on 11/17/16 2:23 pm

What chasibi said. I switched to solid vitamins early out. And use the centrum silver (50+ in Canada). I just cut it in two pieces in the beginning. Also, if you can get some protein shake in or soup, before taking vitamins, that might help too. 

And don't be afraid to try different brAnds of protein. I also had to keep a protein shake in the freezer so it was almost slushy. It's the only way I could tolerate it. But now I can drink it room temp and enjoy it.

just keep poking away, it will come together soon enough!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Stepladder
on 11/17/16 5:23 pm
RNY on 10/21/16

I am also struggling. Doc gave 2 antinausea meds. I also take regular meds and eat something. Then an hour later vitamins. It seems to be careful not to overfill pouch. But it is hard.

My surgery is the 21st. All set ready to go. Then I get a bill for thousands of dollars saying all the Psychiatric visits are my responsibility.  Provider billed medical insurance they denied. Finally got to bill behavioral health insurance and they denied. I could cry. I am not going to stop having the surgery. But sure wish these bills would disappear.  Any suggestion, words of comfort ?

jackiepicard
on 11/18/16 1:49 pm, edited 11/18/16 5:50 am - Middletown, CT
RNY on 08/02/16 with

Just know it gets better...In the beginning I too had a hard time getting all my protein in especially and the chewable vitamins are not the best tasting at all...but there is light at the end of the tunnel...I am 3 1/2 months out and doing so much better now with everything...be patient it will get better soon for you :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics