Inspire protein powder

snow_white
on 11/28/16 4:47 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

Hey guys I've been on 500mg of steroids a day for 3 weeks and I've gained 13 pounds.  I'm desperately trying to not freak the freak out   I'm also not eating much so I'm gonna go back to newbie protein shakes so I stay as healthy as possible...stupid Lupus.  Anyway my long winded question is..inspire protein is it worth it?  it's a touch pricey but if it mixes well and is not Gross I'm gonna splurge.  I do like fit frappe chai but want a few types in the house.  I'd love your thoughts and opinions.  thanks

Rny 11/11/14 HW 285 CW 130 GW 130

155 pounds gone forever

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/28/16 5:40 am

If I were you I would try to pack on as many dense proteins and not shakes. Shakes would not make you feel full. Dense proteins and low carbs veggies would. 

Hugs. Steroids are God send and a curse at the same time. 500mg a day.??? Wow... That is a huge dosage. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

snow_white
on 11/29/16 7:19 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

I'm super nauseous from it and can't stand the dense stuff rite now.  I have no appetite at all.  yet gaining.  hope it's just swelling and water

155 pounds gone forever

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/29/16 7:26 am

I hear you.  I can relate. 10 days ago I had a face lift..and no matter how I try I just can't eat enough. I gag at texture, smell and volume.  Adding the problem with digestion - most days I wish I did not have to eat. 

With so much steroids - the gain is most likely water.  Please be gentle on you gut.  

The nausea maybe liver related. Liver has to work so hard during treatment... 

After the treatment - see if you can get a detailed bone density scan.  So much steroids can cause bone loss. 

If anything else - getting a base line so if you need any treatments in the future - you would know how they affect your bone density. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

snow_white
on 11/29/16 7:41 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

You guys are why I love this place so much.  always a wealth of experience information and support.  thank you

155 pounds gone forever

Eggface
on 11/28/16 6:20 am - Sunny Southern, CA

:( Sorry about your needing the steroid treatment. 

Since you have the Chai already make some granola with it and sprinkle a little on top of some cottage cheese, yogurt or ricotta cheese. That'll be a nice amount of protein for not a lot of caloric buck and a little more solid than a shake.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/11/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in_13.html 

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/03/post- weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in.html 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

snow_white
on 11/29/16 7:20 am
RNY on 11/11/14 with

Great idea!  thanks

155 pounds gone forever

NYMom222
on 11/28/16 7:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Since you asked about Inspire, I will tell you they are for the most part very tasty and 100% whey protein isolate. I also find the Syntrax 100% whey isolate ones very tasty as well. I don't know if all of them are 100% whey isolate so look for the ones that are. I like the fuzzy navel because it actually tastes good in water....chocolate truffle, cappuccino, and vanilla bean torte are the other ones I have. I don't find premade protein satisfying at all now that I am further out, but if I make a shake in the blender I will enjoy it....and the thickness from adding ice makes it more satisfying.

That being said...I do agree with Hala- dense protein will make you feel full longer. I just had steak for breakfast. Prep a bunch of protein, so it is there and ready.... I have to remind myself to that as well....Last night I prepped a small pork loin, and then sliced (browned and then cooked in a sauce of 1/2 italian dressing, 1/2 SF maple syrup), thin sliced chicken cutlet pieces browned in olive oil with cajun spice, and cooked up 4 petite sirloins- on the rare side, so won't be tough if reheated. Also peeled and bagged hard-boiled eggs. 2 eggs per sandwich baggie with s+p already on them. That and babybel cheese are a quick grab and go snack....

Even greek yogurt and cottage cheese while good protein really are more slider foods and won't keep you full as long....

Plan your food, and count your protein. I aim for higher end on grams of protein, use some fat- we need it...

Being on steroids is not easy... cut out all carbs if you haven't.....Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Heather P.
on 11/28/16 12:07 pm

I have 6 different flavors of Inspire and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE them all.  They don't have the gross aftertaste or smell of other protein powders and I actually look forward to drinking them.  I HIGHLY recommend them for the times you want a protein drink :)

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

cheapskate
on 11/29/16 4:53 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

Seriously love me some inspire!!!  I have almost every flavor. They aren't anymore than premier really. I have 2 in my lunchbox now, Blueberry cheesecake and coconut.... They mix great with water or coffee. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics