Everything stuffed peppers

alwayswith0uty0u
on 12/8/16 10:15 am - PA

In my kitchen, bell peppers are the healthy alternative to bread, wraps, and chips. Yesterday's healthy eats were salsa chicken stuffed peppers. I put 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts in the crock pot with a little water and walked away until they were completely cooked, then taking my mixer I shredded it. I put the shredded chicken in an bowl and poured in my salsa and mixed it until evenly distributed. I then moved to my 3 bell peppers  (any color, my favorite is the orange but I use all 3) I cut off the tops and wash, fill the inside with the Salsa chicken and place on a cookie sheet, then top with a little more salsa and put into the oven until peppers are tender. They were amazing. Low carb, high protein and the perfect quantity of protein to vegetables. Today I used up the turkey burger taco meat from dinner the other day. Same as with the Salsa chicken, I cut the tops off the 3 bell peppers and washed them, this time I cut a small hole in the bottom so the juices can escape into the cookie sheet. Filled them to the top with the turkey burger taco meat and drizzled Ortega sauce over the top, bake until peppers are tender and top with a little low fat sour cream. Omg today's eats are soon good. Tomorrow I'll be trying stuffed burger stuffed peppers. Got my turkey burger, pickles and onions all ready.  I hope you all enjoy as much as I do.. this is my healthier twist on my favorite meals ?? 

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:25 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I have never been a pepper fan but this sounds so good I am going to have to try them again! In our home we use Romaine Lettuce as a bread/wrap alternative. We use it from everything like chicken salad too sloppy joe's! Easy and no carbs :)

alwayswith0uty0u
on 12/8/16 10:30 am - PA

I have used the lettuce also but from research, found that bell peppers have more nutrition and also better taste (but then again I love peppers) I believe the red ones have the most but my research was done over a year ago so I can be wrong.

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:39 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Oh I am sure peppers are much better nutritionally! I only did a little research about lettuce's. Found that Romaine was much better than head lettuce so we chose that. It has been a while since I tried peppers and tastes do change over time so fingers crossed I will have a new healthy food option when I try it again.

catwoman7
on 12/8/16 3:16 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

you're right about Romaine - it's the most nutritious.  I usually get those 50/50 spring mix/spinach blends that are probably fine, too.  Iceberg lettuce is basically compressed water, I think...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 3:24 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

We use the 50/50 spring mix for our salads or just baby spinach. We make Travers City salads often. It's a Michigan thing but I'm sure every state has them just by different names.

catwoman7
on 12/8/16 3:35 pm, edited 12/8/16 7:36 am
RNY on 06/03/15

the ones with the nuts and cherries?  We call them Michigan salads (I live in Wisconsin - but I don't think all Wisconsinites know what "Michigan salads" are - but some do.  We have relatives in Kalamazoo and Bay City, so I know those salads well!  In fact, I make them a lot in the summer because I like to put fresh peaches on them!!  Made one a week or two ago with apples - but they're usually a summer thing for me.  So wonderful!)

p.s.  if this is the same salad you were referring to, then I'm pretty sure it's just a Michigan thing.  I've never seen them anywhere else.  And if you Google "Michigan salad", it'll actually come up...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 3:43 pm
WLS on 10/18/11

That's the one! Other's are missing out!! I could almost live on this salad with grilled chicken

Teena D.
on 12/8/16 10:31 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Those are some great ideas! Orange is my favourite as well.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/8/16 3:01 pm

or .. you can do taht in 1 hour total if yu use the pressure cooker. cook chicken - 20 min. load into peppers - set up for 10 min. QPR. yummy. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 490 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 431 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics