Dehydrated?

DEBGG
on 12/9/16 2:46 pm

I had my RNY on 2/24/16. I'm currently not getting ALL the protein I should be, I eat a few times a day and drink around 4 16.9oz bottles of water but I still feel crappy. I take all the recommended vitamins daily but I'm so so tired and my body just aches. Could I be dehydrated? I feel like it's either eat or drink...i feel full all the time ?

Peanut15
on 12/9/16 5:40 pm

I would try getting I. Another bottle of water see if that helps. Before surgery I drank 100 oz or more a day do the 64 left me thirsty with dry mouth. Unfortunately, I haven't managed to get more in but I hope to get back to 100 oz. 

Peanut15
on 12/9/16 5:41 pm

Have you checked your vitamins levels with blood work? 

DEBGG
on 12/10/16 1:39 am

I have the order but it's for fasting blood work and working 56 hrs a week I'm finding it very hard to get it done. I KNOW I NEED TO ASAP! 

Eggface
on 12/9/16 5:45 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Almost time for new lab work... make the appt early... be sure to get a full bariatric panel (not just normal labs) so make sure Iron, Ferritin & B12 etc are included. 

It could be unrelated to WLS too. Mention it before the labs so they can draw for anything that might help them Dx.

Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kathy1212
on 12/10/16 7:19 am

Hi, I'm sorry you're feeling this way. 

I haven't had surgery yet, but when I felt tired and achy, I just assumed it was from fibromyalgia and left it at that.  Then I had to get all of that bloodwork while I was going through presurgery visits, and they found out my vitamin D levels were almost down to nothing.  It took over 6 months to get them up and I feel much less tired and achy now. So hopefully your blood panels will catch any problems if they're there.

Whatever the problem is, I hope it will be sorted out for you quickly.

Kathy

NYMom222
on 12/10/16 10:34 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am sorry you are feeling crappy, but I have to start with- why aren't you getting all your protein in? You are like 9-10 months out there is no reason not to be getting your protein in. Not eating what you are supposed to can contribute to not feeling great. While you are drink the required water, you may need more, we are all different.

When I had bloodwork early on even though I was in low normal range for B-12 I was having symptoms of low B-12... when I upped my B-12 to the high range I felt much better...

Consistency is key- food-water-vitamins....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

DEBGG
on 12/11/16 5:39 am

I have the feeling of being "full" a lot. Since posting this I've been drinking around 50grams of protein, eating more protein foods (chicken-cheese) and I'm starting to feel better. Not 100% yet but much better than I was a few days ago. Now if I can get the dog to quit waking me up every 3 hrs to go outside :/

Thank you all for the help! Going for my fasting blood work in the morning!!

NYMom222
on 12/11/16 2:07 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I get full very fast to this day- and part of it is because I eat too fast and don't chew well enough. I live alone, so there is no conversation happening to slow me down. There is nothing wrong with stopping waiting 5 minutes until the feeling passes and then eating some more. As long as you are not doing that for hours. If you have weighed and measured your food, and can fini**** in 20-30 minutes, there is nothing wrong with starting and stopping.... There is an app called "eat slower" that is a timer you can set for how frequently to eat each bite... it helped me in the beginning...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 292 views