Herbal tea anyone??

cabin111
on 12/17/16 10:12 pm

So it's getting cold in California...May freeze tonight.  Yeah, I know some of you in other parts of the country can tell me about cold!!  I drink about 2-3oz of coffee in the mornings.  Many days, at the local diner for lunch, I'll have iced tea in the warm months and hot tea in the cold months. 

I'm very sensitive to caffeine.  Try not to touch it after 4-5pm...If I do, I'll be awake till about 2am.

So just wondering what are some of your favorite herbal teas you drink?  Does it matter the season or the time of day??  I will usually go with a chamomile tea...Only in the cold months.  I'll then add a small amount of sugar, Splenda, milk, and orange juice...Just me.

DQLDGAL
on 12/18/16 1:27 am
RNY on 12/19/16

I love fruity teas - i drink strawberry, raspberry and loganberry as well as lemon tea. no sugar.

Scififiend
on 12/18/16 4:28 am
RNY on 10/11/16

I'm a tea drinker rather than a coffee drinker, so I enjoy tea year-round. My favorite herbal tea is peppermint. I don't add anything to it. I also found a lemon-ginger herbal tea that's quite nice in the mornings.

HW: 408, SW: 384, RNY: 10/11/16

Insert Fitness
on 12/18/16 4:33 am

I like all he fruity citrusy ones, and drink them hot or cold. And mint. Also,  I buy a roiboos tea, with bergamot in it, so I can have a decaf London fog. I just add a bit of milk and sometimes stevia. 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

karenp8
on 12/18/16 5:56 am - Brighton, IL

Here's what's in my cupboard now:true blueberry,wild berry zinger,black cherry berry,country peach passion,raspberry zinger and sleepy time mint vanilla. In winter I drink more hot beverages than cold and have a collection of yummy decaf coffees too from bocajava.

OneBlueSock
on 12/18/16 6:11 am
RNY on 06/21/17

I love teas - even decaf black teas (english breakfast is probably my #1).  For herbal teas I like peppermint a lot, especially if my tummy is upset, and the sleepytime blend is great later in the day

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Mahalo F.
on 12/18/16 6:14 am, edited 12/17/16 10:14 pm

Good morning!

I am finding it hard to believe that it is cold in California. Lol

We live in Ottawa Canada are are currently surrounded by 2 feet of snow in the last 24 hours. Yikes 

This is just the beginning... We have a long winter ahead of us.

I am a coffee drinker and made the move a month ago to stick to only decaf. Finding that it hasn't sat well with my stomach.

So I rediscovered my love for tea. The challenge is finding one that is caffeine free.

I have discovered TAZO teas 

Passion- An herbal infusion of hibiscus, cinnamon & tropical fruits

Vanilla rooibos parfait/rooibos- An herbal infusion with peach, apple, cinnamon & Tahitian vanilla

Calm Chamomile-A comforting herbal infusion of chamomile, rose petals & soothing herbs.

Celebration Herbal- Red Clover Herb & Blossom

Must day I am  enjoying them without anything in them

Anything with a fruity taste hot or cold...

I am not a fan of anything with mint.

Hope this help...,

If I lived in California? I would put on a sweater and go for a nice walk along the beach... Just saying Lol

17 days to RNY 

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

OneBlueSock
on 12/18/16 8:31 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Passion tea is actually awesome for sore throats!

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/18/16 9:24 am

Any herbal tea with ginger or spices. Like Indian chai tea. 

Specifically in winter. Ginger is warming from inside out. So it is clove... And other spices. 

I avoid peppermint tea - because it can irritate GERD - or even cause it in some individuals, and pepermint is often cooling tea.  I reserve that for a summer ice tea...  

Another great drink that is super good - is a warm chicken or bone broth. Add a touch of spices - like a pinch of cayenne and ginger - and it is not only good - but it has ability to "fight" bacteria and viruses.. 

Same with spices - warm unsweet coconut or almond milk. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

catwoman7
on 12/18/16 11:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I never used to be a huge hot tea drinker (only occasionally), but now I drink it all the time because I'm always cold.  During the day I tend to drink caffeinated ones like black tea, Earl Grey, or English breakfast teas - or chais that are made with black tea.  At night I go all herbal - decaffeinated chais, lemon-ginger, I forget what else.  I like my herbal teas with lots of spices.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 335 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?