What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/9/17 3:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning Menu Crew!  Its still mind numbing cold here, as I was walking to the commuter train at 5:40am this morning I was not a happy camper, my hands are so cold they are red and burning right now and I want to crawl back in bed!  We are supposed to get dumped on with snow sometime early tomorrow morning, around 3 or 4am.  Looks like I will be up at 4am to shovel snow and get my car dug out. I don't mind shoveling snow at all, its when the plows put that huge dump of heavy snow at the end of your driveway and then you have to dig yourself out... again...  Happy Monday gang!  Did you all have a good weekend, anything fun?  Hubby had the flu this weekend, it was bad, his fever was bad and he was in rough shape, but thank god for Tylenol Cold & Flu, it helped a lot. He is better but not 100%, so we had a pretty quiet weekend I hiked the dogs a lot by myself and watched a lot of Netflix.

QOTD: Do you like to go to weddings? Are you the person that introduces yourself to the whole table?  Do you get "chicken, beef or fish?" Do you like to dance up a storm or prefer to mingle and watch?  Do you stay to the end or excuse yourself after dessert is served? I LOVE Weddings.  Hubby and I always introduce ourselves to the people at the table if we don't know them and its always nice to meet new and interesting people.  My first choice is to have beef for dinner and chicken is my second choice.  I LOVE to dance!!! I am the one who is up on the dance floor getting my "jiggy" on and trying to find people to dance with me when hubby goes to sit down and catch his breath!  99% of the time we stay to the end and often help to clean up if needed, take gifts to the bride & grooms car, that kind of thing. Last summer we went to a wedding for one of the guys on hubby's baseball team, the setting was amazing (Blue Mountain for my Canadian friends), the food was awesome but the DJ sucked and the music was horrible and we left early. I was so disappointment I was not dancing all night long.  One of hubby's cousins is getting married this May, it will be an epic 500 - 600 people wedding and I know the food and music will be awesome, I am excited already. I got a really pretty pale pink dress while in Boston with JB & Grim at Talbots for the wedding, can't wait to wear it!

Time since surgery 3 yrs + 1 month

B: Liberte Greek Vanilla yogurt, 8 raspberries, 1 tbsp of bran buds

L: Can of Cloverleaf Solid white tuna, half a red bell pepper chopped and Kraft Balsamic dressing

S: 2 Babybel Swiss cheese & 1/3 cup of Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts

D: TACOS!  Open face (no taco) 1 cup of taco meat with shredded cheese/salsa/hot sauce/sour cream on top

S: Liberte Greek Vanilla yogurt, 8 raspberries, 1 tbsp of bran buds & 2 babybel Light before bed

TOTALS: 1061 calories, 95 protein, 41 carbs 

V: patches are on (multi, Iron, B12, VitD & Calcium)

L: 1st coffee of the day done: Vanilla Hazelnut coffee with 1 Splenda & Miralax (Restoralax in Canada) & lactose free milk and lots of coffee all day & lots of water with SF Cranberry juice

E: hike the dogs when I get home and then cleaning my master bedroom & bathroom and washing bed sheets, oh the joy ha ha

Stay warm, stay safe if you have snow in your area and be fabulous today 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/9/17 3:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good Morning! It is cold in New England too - 10 this morning (I'm guessing it was colder in Canada!).

QOTD: I mostly enjoy weddings, and sometimes the dancing (depends on my mood). It seemed like we went through phases when all our friends were getting married, then years later when a lot of our friends kids were getting married, but now we are in quiet mode (haven't been to a wedding in probably 3 years or so).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese, and roasted tomatoes/chilis

L: tuna, pickles, cottage cheese

D: Instant Pot Balsamic Roast Beef - made it last night but still not sure I've got it right (New IP) as it seemed a little tough. If so, I'm wondering if I can/should cook it more?

S: nut thins and hummus, low-fat cheese sticks, coffee, Swiss miss light cocoa

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 1/9/17 6:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

re: roast beef - yes - sounds like it might need to be cooked a bit longer.  Meats tend to soften up the longer they're cooked (well, unless they're way overdone and turn into shoe leather!!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

RNY_elizabeth
on 1/9/17 8:33 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I made beef stroganoff last night and used the "Meat/Stew" setting for the first time.  It does a high pressure cook for 35 minutes which is the longest my IP has been set for so far.  The meat was INSANELY tender.  It was a really low end roast that I cut into chunks but it tasted fantastic. I think longer is the key. I'm still adventuring with my IP though so keep me posted when you get it figured out.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

rackerlee
on 1/9/17 9:13 am
RNY on 08/23/16

We, too, are new to the IP.  Love reading about recipes and tips!

Kakesie
on 1/9/17 4:12 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Friends,

It's still bitter cold and snowy here in Nebraska and it's supposed to stay cold for the week with more snow expected on Friday.  Oh joy, Winter!  

QOTD:  I love going to weddings.  I haven't been to very many lately, though.  I don't always stay and dance, but sometimes I do, it depends on my mood and the other people who are there.

B:  Crepe with peaches & cream cheese

L:  Taco meat w/ cheese & sour cream & 1/2 flour tortilla

D:  Lettuce, spinach, 2 h.b. eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

S:  Light n Fit Greek Yogurt

Exercise:  Exercise DVD

Have a great day everyone and try to stay warm!

~ Karen  

karenp8
on 1/9/17 4:27 am - Brighton, IL

Supposed to be getting warmer here in Illinois and staying with highs above 50 for the next few days. It's already 18 this morning which was the high temp for yesterday. If we can get the camper filled with propane today we are going to go up to the area state park 20 minutes away and camp for a few days. We are both getting stir crazy and need to get out of the house. So if I am MIA that's where I am. We will take the car too so we can come back for senior meals and food pantry. I'll check in when I get back either Thursday or Friday. There will be lots of hiking being done by Lily and I as we enjoy the woods in a new season. The cold is still hanging on and just don't feel like eating much. Here's the plan though B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli ham and cheese 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz ribeye 1/2 c carrots S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar.  Post op 4 years 4.25 months and weight at 117.4 today. QOTD hubby and I are not real social so rarely go to weddings but do enjoy them. I love to dance but he doesn't so usually I just dance with friends. We tend not to stay to the end either. Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices that move you one step closer to your goal! 

Grim_Traveller
on 1/9/17 5:20 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It sounds like it is going to get really, really cold in that camper.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 1/9/17 6:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy your time camping and hope you continue to get better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pr31
on 1/9/17 4:40 am

Cold in PA also, but at least we haven't had much snow yet.  I really don't like winter and would love to move to a warmer climate, but unfortunately don't see that happening. Yesterday was ridiculously cold and windy.  At least it's supposed to warm up a bit mid-week.

QOTD:  Weddings are ok.  And I absolutely love to dance.  Didn't do so much as SMO and MO because of self-consciousness, but love it if I can get some friends up there on the floor. If I let my head get in the way I'll talk myself out of it and say what's a 57 year old doing on the dance floor, but it's so much fun!  DH won't dance unless it's a slow song, then I can usually get him on the floor.

B:  Decaf coffee w/ scoop of GNC vanilla cream protein powder

L:  3 oz. left over steak

S:  Caramel Premier Protein Shake

D:  Not sure - thinking 2 oz ham and an egg

E:  60 minutes on the stationary bike

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views