What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/17 3:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew!  Happy Wednesday!  Its icy here like a skating rink!  We got lots of snow yesterday then around 4pm it turned to rain and now everything has a layer of slick blac**** over it, the kind of ice that looks wet like a puddle but its ice, yup I have already slipped several times as I was walking to the train.  Be safe & careful out there friends if you are in dealing with ice as well.  I was chatting with Daizymom yesterday about all things WLS as she prepares for surgery tomorrow (YAY ) and we were talking about what to bring to the hospital, what to expect in the hospital, what to expect your first days out, and it took me back to my few days before surgery, the bundle of nerves of anxiety & excitement, its been 3 years for me yet it feels like a lifetime away.  It was actually good to talk to someone about it all, it made me realize I wanted WLS more than knew I did and I am so glad it did it!!

QOTD: Do people push food on you now post surgery? (sorry pre ops's this mostly pertains to post ops but feel free to answer if you want). So I remember the day I went to tell my boss I was going to have WLS and to my surprise she was totally against it. She vehemently argued with me that it was a bad idea and tried hard to talk me out of it. This is all based on a couple of her best girlfriends had lapbands and not only did they loose some weight, but gained it all back plus more and had all the problems that most of you do that had the lap band first before you got your RNY/VSG etc. But I held strong and told her I appreciated her opinion but I am doing this for me.  So my boss loves to cook, entertain, bake & buy treats & sweets etc.  Weekly she brings in amazing food and baked goods.  From the get go post surgery she will come to my desk and put a cupcake or 3 or 4 cookies and say "here you go, enjoy!" I will stare at her and say "seriously? You are giving me this??" And we have this "friendly" back and forth of her saying "have it" and me saying "no I won't have it." Its funny but not funny. She knows sweets are my problem yet 3 years post op she still pushes food (sweets) on me. Yesterday we had a farewell tea for someone, she brings in a boat load of homemade treats and a cake from Costco, ya'll know Cake is my weakness. So of course what does she say "here have some cake and you HAVE TO TRY my cookies I made last night!"  I had a crazy busy stressful day yesterday at work and I almost threw the cookies at her and yelled "OMG I had WLS and you KNOW I can't have sweets (cuz of my sugar addiction) so STOP pushing food on me!!!!!" Of course that is what I was yelling inside my head, and what came out of my mouth was "no thank you, I am sure they are amazing but I will skip this time." UGH food pushers!!! How come no one pushes coffee on me and no one is bringing me multiple coffees and putting them on my desk... I need a COFFEE PUSHER! ha ha ha

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 1 month

B: Liberte Greek Vanilla Yogurt + 6 raspberries + 1 tbsp of bran buds

L: (take out at work) 1 skewer of Greek chicken + 1/2 cup of greek salad

S: 2 Swiss babybel + 1/3 cup of Planters dry roasted peanuts

D: (take out from restaurant near us) 4oz of tandoori chicken over 2 tsp of Chana Masala (chickpeas)

S: Liberte Greek Vanilla Yogurt + 6 raspberries + 1 tbsp of bran buds + 1/2 Chocolate Mint Power Crunch Protein Bar + 2 babybel light before bed

TOTALS: 840 calories, 95 protein, 43 carbs

V: PatchMD vitamin patches are on (multi, iron, B12, VitD & Calcium)

L: vanilla hazelnut coffee with restoralax/1spenda/lactose free milk done and lots more coffee & water with SF cranberry juice all day!

E: taking a rest day

** Do you all want to do "Before & Afters" for Photo Friday?  What say you? (LOTR ref) Be Fabulous today! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

OneBlueSock
on 1/11/17 4:24 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Good morning menu buddies!

I want to say a HUGE thank you for all the supportive messages you guys left me yesterday regarding my sister - it was a tough day, especially when I got on the phone with my mom and other sisters....I mean hellooooooo waterworks.  Anyways, the kindness and supportiveness of this community here on OH is my favorite thing about it. Today my sister is headed up to Rush today to meet with her oncology team and a thoracic surgeon.   I don't know if I mentioned this, but my sister is just 31 years old...so I'm counting this as a positive, she has youth on her side and good health otherwise.  For me....today I am headed to the ORTHODONTIST!  What?!  Yep...at nearly 40 years old I'm looking at becoming a brace-face.  I've always hated how crowded my teeth are, it's not super noticeable at first glance but I notice it (of course).  What prompted this is that my bite is starting to have a serious impact on my teeth because of wear, I thought it was too late to really do anything about it but the dentist assured me plenty of adults do braces.   So today is my consult and we'll see how it goes! 

QOTD: I think I can answer this since I'm between surgeries - I don't know that I ever had anyone really push food on me, but my hubby tends to be forgetful about offering me things I shouldn't eat, and I was equally awful about saying no thanks after I was a few years out from banding.  For the first couple of years I was a rockstar, didn't touch anything...shunned halloween candy like a pro, turned up my nose at pizza.  I never really learned to address my relationship with food, which is part of why I had trouble down the road, double-trouble if you include my thyroid deciding it was a lazy s.o.b.

Menu:

B: Premier Protein Shake, Coffee 

S: protein granola bar

L: TBD

S: greek yogurt

D: Chicken and zoodles with cheese

Re: Photo Friday.....WE FIGHT!  (see I can roll with the LOTR refs)  I have before/afters from my first surgery so I'm down with that.

Have a great day all 

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

rachelp
on 1/11/17 7:07 am
VSG on 08/01/16

I know quite a few adults with braces. Both my teenage son have braces and all the assistants at their orthodontist office have braces. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

OneBlueSock
on 1/11/17 11:03 am
RNY on 06/21/17

My orthodontist told me today that his oldest patient was in their 70s!! 

Kelsey

rachelp
on 1/11/17 11:55 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Wow! On their bucket list maybe? 

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/17 12:10 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Glad your sister is meeting so soon with the Oncologist, that is great news. I am keeping her in my thoughts.

And YAY for braces!  I don't think there is anything wrong with getting braces as an adult.  Why not?!  I had braces for many years when I was a kid and I am sure they have come along way in their advancements of treatment compared to when I had it done (ahem 1980)!

Glad you are in for photo Friday!

OneBlueSock
on 1/11/17 4:00 pm
RNY on 06/21/17

It's crazy how advanced they are now, they make an impression of my teeth (that part hasn't changed) but then they make these trays that have the brackets in them somehow and they put those on my teeth, take the trays off and the brackets are bonded in place.   Also the x-rays they took today were crazy cool....I got to see my teeth in 3D, as well as my skull and my nose hoop.  I love medical tech advances....it's come a long way from dipping x-ray film into stinky developer.

I'm super excited for braces....but they also need to do a palatal spreader and some oral surgery on my mouth too.  I'm waiting for a note back from my surgeon's nurse, I want to make sure the retainer isn't going to interfere with intubation during surgery.   Nurse Google says it's probably fine, but I want my surgical team to weigh in before we green light the crazy maxillofacial stuff 

Kelsey

Teena D.
on 1/11/17 4:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thank you for the chat Daisy! I can't believe it's tomorrow. Today I'm down to 281.3 and my BMI is less than 50!  49.8 thank you very much. More opti today and broth. Not sure how much opti I will get in. I know I lucked out with only a week and I don't even mind the taste - it's just the sweetness. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 1/11/17 4:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My husband is a food pusher! So I have to be prepared for that. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Daisydoo02
on 1/11/17 12:14 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

yes need to be very prepared for "food pushers," start working on strategy's now how you will deal with this...

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 766 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 273 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 95 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?