What's on your menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/13/17 3:42 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew!  Happy Friday!!! Its PHOTO FRIDAY today, I can't wait to see all your BEFORE & AFTERS!!  Anyone doing something fun for the weekend?  Other than usual things like groceries & laundry I have no plans. Hubby is still sick so I am solo this weekend in terms of hiking the dogs & doing stuff. Its okay I don't mind having no plans, there are lots of things I can do around the house to keep me busy.

Daizymom (Teena) update: she messaged me last night, all went well. Her surgery was delayed, was supposed to be 11:45am but I think she got in at around 4:30pm so poor thing, that's a crazy long day for her & her family but she is good. Hope she pops in today to day Hi!

QOTD: What do you say to people at work or family members or friends who ask how much weight you have lost so far. What is your best line to tell people.  Are you a "I am not discussing this" type or do you fully tell your story?  At work for me I work with a lot of catty *****y nosy spiteful women (yes really).  A lot of them are older than me, have worked together for at least 25 years and are incredibly cliquey.  I am the "new girl" in the department and because I work circles around their lazy asses they resent me I guess or they just plain don't like me, whatever.  So I have not told anyone at work but my boss, my best girlfriend and the nurse that does my iron infusions (having said that despite me saying "I don't share that I had WLS", someone has a big mouth and lots of people know). So as the weight loss started to really show there is this one lady who is incredibly condescending and rude. I don't see her often but when I was losing weight it was like I saw her weekly and weekly she would ask me how much weight I have lost and being that I am uncomfortable discussing this with non friends I would always just say "a lot of weight" and she would press and say "ya but how much" and I would just smile politely and say "a lot."  I think it was one of the Vets here on OH and sorry I can't reference exactly who but they had an awesome "comeback" for the "how much weight have you lost so far" question.  And I used it on this lady.  I am on the elevator at work, she gets on and sure enough sees me and says hello and then right in the elevator with other people there she says "wow you have lost so much weight, how much have you lost so far?" So with a devilish grin I look her right in the eye and said "Shelley how much do they pay you here at work to do your job, what's your annual salary?"  Her mouth dropped open, she stared at me wide eyed and did a bunch of "oh, well, ummm, well, ummmm" and it was then I said "Oh so you don't find it appropriate to ask personal questions either, so stop asking me how much weight I have lost." Perfect timing, the elevator opened to my floor, I got off and felt very satisfied with myself thank you very much. And here we are 3 yrs later she never asks me about my weight anymore, AT ALL.  Take that Mean Girls!!! LOL LOL

Here are my before & afters:  first pic is Christmas 2012 (those are my gardening shoes my Mom got me and I am saying "ohhhhhh") and pic two is from last weekend hubby and I were on our way out for dinner.  Note my boots I got at Target in Boston and my pants at Talbots with JB & Grim.

Time since surgery: 3 years + 2 months

B: Liberte Greek Vanilla Yogurt + 1 tbsp bran buds (ran out of raspberries!)

L: Can of solid white tuna over romaine salad + balsamic dressing

S: 2 Swiss babybel + 2 tbsp of garlic hummus with celery sticks

D: 6 strips of bacon over thick slices of tomato with mayo & salt & pepper - think Bacon & tomato sandwiches without the bread

S:  Liberte Greek Vanilla Yogurt + 1 tbsp bran buds + 100 calorie bag of SmartPop popcorn + 2 babybel light before bed

TOTALS: 949 calories, 81 protein, 52 carbs

V: Patches are on (multi, iron, B12, Vit D & Calcium)

L: coffee #1 done (with miralax & splenda & lactose free milk) and more coffee all day & water with SF cranberry juice

E: hike the dogs when I get home and then gym tonight, didn't go last night, need to get my butt back there

Have an awesome weekend my menu crew!

Be Fabulous today! 

*** AMAW/CAMAW STARTS MONDAY! CAN'T WAIT ***

* I will do a separate post this morning about who all signed up, the guidelines etc ***

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

alston87
on 1/13/17 4:06 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning everyone!  I obviously don't have before and after pics since I have not had surgery yet, but I do need to work on getting a profile picture!  Maybe I will do that this evening.  

Yesterday our family birthday dinner got delayed so we ended up going out to eat Mexican food.  I was proud of myself because I ate fajitas focusing on my protein.  Did not eat the tortilla or rice!  I did however eat one serving of tortilla chips (but hey that is better than the typical amount I would have ate!) Still was able to stay well below my 1800 calories that my nutritionist put me on.

So Fridays at work my coworkers and I take turns bringing in food.  I think the group today is bringing in jambalaya.  So I will definitely have to watch my portion size and try to eat mainly the meat out of the rice!

Breakfast- premier protein shake

Lunch- meat from jambalaya ...(I have yogurt, protein bars, etc at work in case that doesn't seem possible)

Dinner- Chicken but not sure exactly how I am going to cook it yet

Maybe if I can get to the grocery store this weekend I will do better at the pre-planning! lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Daisydoo02
on 1/13/17 4:36 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Welcome Alston87 to the menu board!  Sounds like you did really well eating out at the Mexican place, I love Mexican food, the tortilla chips would have been hard to resist! LOL

I have never had Jambalaya but now with all that rice I wouldn't be able to eat it anyways.  I have noticed a trend at my work that people are bringing in more "healthy" foods to work for pot lucks and stuff, is nice to see not just big bready sandwiches and cakes and muffins all the time.  Enjoy our potluck!

Not sure how far away from surgery you are, if its weeks or months but yes pre planning is a huge part of my WLS "lifestyle". I find that pre-planning my meals, making my lunch the night before, logging all that I eat in MFP and coming here to OH are all huge parts of my post WLS life.  Good to start all that now in pre op to get a routine going.

Good luck and have a great weekend!

OneBlueSock
on 1/13/17 6:30 am
RNY on 06/21/17

A waterfall begins from only one drop of water

This is one of my favorite quotes when I think about this WLS journey we're on.  Small changes add up and become large ones and every one counts towards your goal

Glad to see you posting again...I adore this group 

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/17 4:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning DD2! Tell Roonie to get better soon.

You should have bought the checkedpants.

QOTD: I don't have a problem telling people how much I lost. The only comments that bothered me were a couple of people that basically called me a liar, that no one could have lost that much. Idiots.

Here is my only before and after:

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Insert Fitness
on 1/13/17 4:35 am

Cute! Your face and smile haven't changed at all!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 1/13/17 4:52 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Adorable "before" picture, Grim!  She's right, your face and smile haven't changed at all!  

achelle131
on 1/13/17 6:10 am
RNY on 08/30/16

LOL! I love your before AND after photos! AMAZING transformation! wat a cute kid!

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

OneBlueSock
on 1/13/17 6:33 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Love the pictures....now I think we need to do a photo friday with pictures of us as kids (this may have been done before I joined...I don't know)

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Queen JB
on 1/13/17 7:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You finally grew into those ears! 

Also, your shoes in this picture are probably bigger than mine, now...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?