What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/15/17 3:45 am, edited 1/15/17 5:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good freezy cold morning, everyone! Wow, the temp around here is on some crazy roller coaster ride! Last week we started below zero with a boat load of snow, then there was a day that actually hit 61 degrees (and all the snow melted!) and now we are back in the teens. I woke up with the sniffles...not terribly surprised why, I guess...

The movie Hidden Figures was sooo good. Totally inspiring and uplifting. I highly recommend it if you need a boost to your spirits. Afterwards we went to Bertucci's, which despite having a 10 page menu, does not have very many WLS friendly options. I ended up with a GIANT (seriously, who needs a bowl of salad the size of a small Buick?) spinach, cranberry, apple, and goat cheese salad with Sauteed shrimp. Total yum. 

Not sure what is on the docket today. I think Grim is going to help some friends with a plumbing job at their house. I should pack for my trip and probably do a little work. I'm so unfamiliar with this boredom feeling that I hardly remember what to do. QOTD: Do you have a go-to thing to do when you are bored? I wish I knitted, or something productive. I used to read more, but I transitioned to audiobooks for my long commute, which still leaves me bored while I listen. Grim and I watched more tv yesterday than I used to in a full month before I moved here (discovered some great new shows, though--Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix and Sneaky Pete on Amazon). I like TV, but I need to do something with my hands and brain. I hate just sitting still to watch stuff. It's awful, but I think my go-to, now, is to Internet shop! I rarely buy what's in my cart, but I love to browse and look at things. I think I need a new hobby?!?! 

B: Protein Coffee and bacon!

S: Roast Beef and Cheese roll ups

L: Trying Emiepie's recipe for low carb pizza!

S: Greek yogurt

D: ?

Also vowing to do some sort of exercise today because I have been sucking at moving my body. Running if if is not too cold. Or maybe the elliptical or yoga? Not sure. But definitely something! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

yvonnef1964
on 1/15/17 4:25 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

QOTD I watched tv but im usually on my phone surfing my apps or internet. Ill play games on my tablet. Read magazines. I used to crochet or cross stitch but I haven't done that in awhile.

B egg whites with spinach,  orange pepper, ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cheesy chicken chili

D cheesy chicken chili

S Greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange

Have a great day 

ttfan
on 1/15/17 4:37 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I like doing crafts, I also spend a lot of time doing my nails, I try to do all of this while I am in front of the tv.

Cold here also, we didn't get rid of all of our snow, but those 2 days we had of warm weather I went out and chopped up most of the ice we had in our driveway and walkway.  Good exercise for me,  I just did a zumba routine grom you tube, I might really like that!

I am ready for meat week!  I stalked up yesterday while out shopping.  I will be eating eggs so is that AM or Cm?

Breakfast
Turkey Kielbasa, 3 oz
Eggs White only
Egg, 1 large
Lunch
Bacon, 3 pieces
Tomatoe, 0.5 tomatoe
Lettuce, 1
Dinner
Homemade Beef Stew Low Carb,
Italian Style Veggie Protein Sausage
Snacks
Beef Sticks, 2 stick

Totals cal 810 carbs 23 pro 65

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Kakesie
on 1/15/17 4:39 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu Family!

I am looking forward to going to see Hidden Figures with a friend of mine this coming week sometime.  I'm glad you liked it!

We're supposed to get a big ice storm today so I plan on staying inside where it's warm!  I just hope the ice doesn't knock down the power lines.

QOTD:  Over the past couple months I filled up my boredom by getting on our local Dollar Auction site and buying things for Saralisa for Christmas and her Birthday and other things we needed (or didn't really "need") for just a few dollars!  I just love getting a bargain!  However I bought too many things on the Dollar Auction site and have vowed to stay away from there now that Christmas and Saralisa's birthday have passed.  I got one of those adult coloring books for Christmas and I have been enjoying coloring in there.  I really need to get back to my watercolor painting and should do that when I'm bored.  I really should clean house when I'm bored, too, but who wants to do that?  I like to play games on the computer and do that when I'm bored and I can always play with my dogs or take care of the birds or my houseplants if I'm bored.  I would like to learn to crochet.  My daughter crochets and she makes some amazing things.  Maybe she will teach me.

B:  Crepe w/ peaches & cream cheese

L:  Chicken & wild rice soup

D:  Chili cheese dog

S:  Light n Fit Greek Yogurt

Exercise:  Exercise bike 

Have a great day everyone!  Looking forward to tomorrow and CAMAW!

~ Karen  

Brandi Girl
on 1/15/17 4:40 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Good Morning. I have a birthday party to go to today after work. Besides that not much going on around here. There is a bad cold going around and I am hoping to avoid it! QOTD: I'm always looking for a hobby. I try things and get very excited about them and then for some reason tire of them and tend to not pick them back up. I don't really know why. I wish I could make working or cooking new recipes my hobby but haven't talk myself into falling for that just yet. haha So I pretty much look at Pinterest during my free time. 

B: coffee

L: sausage stuffed mushrooms

D: hope the party has some options for me, if not I will decide when I get home on a late dinner idea

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/15/17 5:05 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for the movie review - I can't wait to see it!

QOTD: This made me go hmmm... I've always been a super multi-tasker at work and always have to be doing something at home (might be watching TV or reading but I can't just do nothing). I tend to spend a lot of time surfing around online stores which can get expensive when I decide I have to have something because it is "such a good deal". I think I will need to adjust for retirement at the end of 2017, and spend more active time to replace work time. Something to contemplate over the year...

Food (still on soft foods post PS until at least Tuesday):

B: Eggs and cottage cheese

L: Ricotta bake maybe

D: Not sure - need to find something soft - maybe a high protein waffle or ricotta pancakes

S: cheese, protein drinks

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Brandi Girl
on 1/15/17 5:12 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Retirement at end of year? I'm so jealous! Congratulations.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/15/17 9:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, I can't wait.  DH retired 2.5 years ago due to early Alzheimer's, and we had to change our retirement plans as a result. Also, I think his driving needs to end soon and it will be really tough for him if I'm still working. So my financial planner and I worked through the numbers this summer and decided that I could afford to retire after this year.  We are buying a condo in Florida for the winter months in a few weeks so we can establish a familiar place for DH while that's possible (buying in a development where friends live where we have visited many times).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

birdiegirl
on 1/15/17 11:41 am

Liz,

I realize you're not looking for sympathy.   I am so sorry for your husband's diagnosis.   Sounds like he is lucky to have a loving wife.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/15/17 12:04 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

No sympathy needed. The Alzheimer's is progressing slowly and though it has changed a lot for him, he is still himself mostly and hopefully we will still have some good years together. If you didn't know him before you probably wouldn't realize that he has issues.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?