PLEASE HELP ME !

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/17 8:15 pm

I am 6 years post RNY. I lost 118 pounds but am still obese. I have had ulcers since the surgery. After 8 endos they say I still have an ulcer and it is not caused by H. Pylori as most ulcers are. Dr says pouch is not stretched out. I have had 2 iron tranfusions.  I am gaining weight at the rate of about 2 pounds per week. I am on a 1000 calorie high protein,  low carb diet. I take my vitamins and minerals as dictated. I eat no refined sugar or processed foods. My nut says food journal looks fine. Surgeon says ask family doctor for diet pills. Eating too much is not my problem and that is all that the diet pills will help with. I how constant gas and bloating. Most of the time when I sit down my stomach feels like it is in a vice. Only leaning over helps. I am handicapped so I don't exercise as much as some but I try to get 6,000 steps in as long as my back will cooperate. Most foods do not agree with me. I have IIH and I have to get this weight off and keep it off as it is acting up and the serious consequences is loss of my sight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? Any suggestions would be helpful. Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!

NasaJen
on 1/23/17 9:51 pm
RNY on 12/09/16

That sounds just awful; I'm so sorry you're dealing with this!  Stay strong!

LapBand: 3.2.10

RNY: 12.9.16

Highest: 451

Morning of RNY: 283

Current: 195

ttfan
on 1/24/17 2:53 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On January 24, 2017 at 4:15 AM Pacific Time, poohbear10000 wrote:

I am 6 years post RNY. I lost 118 pounds but am still obese. I have had ulcers since the surgery. After 8 endos they say I still have an ulcer and it is not caused by H. Pylori as most ulcers are. Dr says pouch is not stretched out. I have had 2 iron tranfusions.  I am gaining weight at the rate of about 2 pounds per week. I am on a 1000 calorie high protein,  low carb diet. I take my vitamins and minerals as dictated. I eat no refined sugar or processed foods. My nut says food journal looks fine. Surgeon says ask family doctor for diet pills. Eating too much is not my problem and that is all that the diet pills will help with. I how constant gas and bloating. Most of the time when I sit down my stomach feels like it is in a vice. Only leaning over helps. I am handicapped so I don't exercise as much as some but I try to get 6,000 steps in as long as my back will cooperate. Most foods do not agree with me. I have IIH and I have to get this weight off and keep it off as it is acting up and the serious consequences is loss of my sight. Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed? Any suggestions would be helpful. Has anyone else had this problem? HELP!

I am only 5 months out, but if you want to lose more weight I would drop my calories to about 800 a day, all dense protein, good luck

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Gwen M.
on 1/24/17 4:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It seems like you might have some food intolerance issues going on.  Have you tried an elimination diet?  Start by just eating something like chicken for a few days - i.e., ONLY CHICKEN and then slowly add back other foods, one food at a time.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gina 21 Years Out
on 1/24/17 8:44 am - Burleson, TX

Do you know specifically WHERE the ulcer is? You say there has been 8 endos, but has there been something at the other end, like a colonoscopy? I ask because of the gas and bloating you spoke of.

Obviously, the internet is chocked full of exercises you can do, without having to "step", so you don't need to hear them from me.

A sample of a few days of your High protein/Low carb plan would be VERY helpful, in order for US to help YOU. Nothing against your Nut, at all, but sometimes "fine" just isn't fine ENOUGH

We are all on this journey, in some phase, or we wouldn't be here. Please be honest and let us help

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

NYMom222
on 1/24/17 8:54 am
RNY on 07/23/14

As I have my own Intestinal issues, sounds like you could have SIBO and/or GERD happening. The acid will make you hungry! Taking prilosec is not the answer though... need to Google it, you should not be having that much gas... means you may need to be making different food choices and adding prebiotics to your supplement routine....

That acid hunger is phantom hunger- not real, so unless you are planning and weighing and measuring everything you maybe eating more than you think... again I am struggling with a flare up of this as we speak from a course of antibiotics I am on...

While exercise is wonderful, just find ways to move which helps your body feel better... I used to set the timer and dance in the kitchen as I cooked...

It is what we put in our mouths that is going to make a difference in our weight... and even if the quantity may not seem like a lot the choices may be off. So try sticking to dense protein, and maybe post your menus on the menu thread, so you can get some feedback...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

hollykim
on 1/24/17 3:55 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 24, 2017 at 4:15 AM Pacific Time, poohbear10000 wrote:

you are eating too much. 1000 cals  is maintenance amount for many of us. Try dropping to 600-800 high protein, lowest carb possible. What does a day's menu look like for you?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics