What's on Your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/25/17 3:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning to my Perfect, Peppy, Playful, Popular, Pouch Pals! How is everyone doing?

Yesterday we broke all kinds of records in Boston with a high temperature of 72 in February. It's probably not a great harbinger for global climate change, but it sure did feel nice to get some warm sun. It's so energizing! Every year I forget how tough winter is on my spirit. And this hasn't even been a particularly tough one. More nice temps today so I hope to spend some time outside.

I mentioned yesterday that it's New Haircut Day for me! Whooo! I know a lot of you are struggling with losing hair so I don't mean to brag... but my hair is so thick and bushy right now, that I am pretty sure if I weigh myself before and after, I will lose a few pounds. Hahaha. Here is hoping, because I am getting pretty annoyed with the scale lately. I know it's because of the new exercise routine, but I still find it so disheartening to see the scale up when I am working so hard. I am due for a big drop in the next few days and I can't wait!

QOTD: Let's help out the newbies who are still supplementing with protein shakes! Do/did you have a favorite recipe? Since I really struggled with food for the majority of time that I had the band, I did shakes a lot. And dammit, I was a gourmet shake chef! Here is my favorite out-of-the-box recipe: Unjury Vanilla protein powder + Fairlife Milk + Sugar Free Black Cherry Torani Syrup + a little bit of Sugar Free Cheesecake Pudding powder. MMM! Mixed all up in the Nutribullet and it's a thick and yummy NY Cheesecake flavored shake. Eggface also has a really yummy version of the Shamrock Shake the I love! These days, I like mixing up the Big Train Fit Frappe Mocha into my hot coffee every morning. I also love their Chai Tea Latte flavor. But I didn't do this brand until I hit goal because the stats aren't nearly as good as some others. IMO, it's only good for a little-bitty protein boost, not to count on for nutrition. What is your favorite shake recipe?

18 months post op / 120 lbs / Maintenance Diet

B: Hot Coffee with milk followed by Iced Coffee with milk & Egg Bite with cheese

S: nuts and babybel

L: Meatballs

S: Homemade Parmesan Crisps

D: Beef Brisket in the Instant Pot!

Totals: Calories: 1044 / Protein: 82 / Carb: 21

Exercise: either a run or strength training at the gym

Vitamins: Patches = D3, Multi & Iron / Oral = Potassium, Magnesium, Iron

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 2/25/17 4:16 am

Morning!

things were warm ish here yesterday, but friends in Boston posted pics. Insane!

today is our euchre fundraiser. I think everything is ready to go. Hope it's a fun one! 

Qotd: I'm looking forward to this one! I'm pretty boring and pretty much just stick with premiere protein. sonetines I shake it up by adding powdered peanut butter haha. 

I have used premiere protein to make chia pudding to change up my breakfast routine on occasion too.

menu

B: leftover steak and mushrooms. Maybe with an egg.

L/D: the tournament is from 1-4 ish, so I'll be having lunch at the pub, and dinner will depend on what happens afterwards. Last year we ordered pizza and kept the cards going at our place haha. No pizza this year for me, but it's all up in the air. But as always, my choices will be protein forward.

S: premiere protein

happy saturday!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 2/25/17 4:20 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu family!

Love your alliteration!

I'm jealous of your weather.  We had a blizzard yesterday and it's cold & windy with snow on the ground.  I'm SO ready for Spring!

QOTD:  I can't think of any recipes I used but I did put my protein shake powder in with sugar-free pudding mix to up the protein of the pudding.

B:  Bacon & spinach egg frittata

L:  Lettuce, spinach, h.b. eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  Hamburger patty

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

Exercise:  Walking my dog (if it warms up) or exercise bike.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  

ttfan
on 2/25/17 4:29 am
RNY on 08/15/16

My 2 favorite shakes are Premeir banana flavor with nutmeg and shake it up, taste like eggnog to me! The other is Quest Salted Caramel mixed with decaf coffee YUM!  

Yesterday was sooooo nice!  Our snow is going fast!  Love it..can't wait until Spring!

Breakfast
Egg
Bacon
Kraft American Cheese Slices
Lunch
Tuna Fish
Greek yogurt
Dinner
Tossed Salad Small
Home Baked Cod Fish
Shrimps

Totals cal 515 carbs 12 Pro 84

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

catwoman7
on 2/25/17 6:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Quest salted caramel is great!  I usually mix it with Syntrax Truffle.  It would be good mixed with vanilla protein powder, too...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Brandi Girl
on 2/25/17 4:40 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Good Morning all. Warmer than I thought it would be yesterday and ended up having wonderful sounding thunderstorms!! I LOVE them, my poor dog, not so much. As far as protein shakes go, I only have really eaten one. It is unflavored protein from GNC mixed with sugar free Carnation breakfast drink. Not great but I can handle it and it isn't so bad since it is really cold. 

Yesterday's menu looked like this: B: coffee L: chili D: Michigan chicken salad and one slice of home made bread with whipped butter (it was my anniversary dinner so NO regrets-well ok regrets but worth it ;). haha

Rebecca1492
on 2/25/17 10:35 am
RNY on 11/28/16

"regrets but worth it"  I LOVE that!  Yep, been there and done that.  As long as it's not every day I think you have to let loose sometimes. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/17 4:15 pm

I could never do that! Congrats on keeping your mouth shut not being a teachy ***** lol. 

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/17 5:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It was foggy until about 1/2 hour ago here. They are still forecasting showers thus afternoon so I need to get my butt in gear and take a walk on the beach! I took a long walk around the pond with the dogs yesterday afternoon after work and it was glorious! Spring Fever!

QOTD: I drink Premier Protein shakes (too lazy to venture much further). I add SF pudding mixes in to add/change the flavor.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese, English muffin and peanut butter 

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? (probably going out)

S: nut thins and cottage cheese; protein chips

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

CathyV
on 2/25/17 5:49 am

Morning! It has been crazy warm here too. But temps are dropping later today. Thursday we had a high of 80. Tonight the low will be 19! 

Qotd- my favorite shake is vanilla powder with a cup of coffee and half a cup or so of milk, and a sploosh of SF caramel torani.

My fridge is busting with leftovers so we are eating leftovers today. 

Breakfast- leftover tuna Apple salad

Lunch- leftover fish and spinach salad

Snack- tea, half a protein bar

Dinner- kids and dh are having pizza. I will have whatever leftovers I could get them to eat at lunch, lol. There's a little chicken and bean burrito filling in there, or I might have more of the tuna salad.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views