What's on Your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/26/17 3:32 am, edited 2/26/17 3:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning Super Svelte & Sexy Sunday Supper Planners! What's up today? Anything fun? Pretty boring day for me... gym, meal prep, transplanting some herbs, car wash... If it's not too cold, maybe we will find a local area to explore this afternoon. But temps are dropping down 25 degrees from where they have been for a few days so I think it will feel miserable to be outside. Maybe a museum? Give me some ideas! No more afternoons in front of the tv!

Updates on yesterday's adventures: The haircut was good! I am hesitant to say "great" until I try styling it myself, but it's just a cute curly bob. Plus it was the cheapest haircut I have gotten in 20 years, so I hope it holds up! I also went to the gym and dared myself to get on the stair climber for the first time. Miraculously, I am not sore at all today! And my last report is that the Instant Pot Beef Brisket was a half-fail. It was tender and fall-aparty (yay!) but so salty that it was basically inedible (boo!). Any suggestions from my fellow Potters?

QOTD: Do you subscribe to any newspapers or magazines? I have digital subscriptions to Harvard Business Review, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Magazine and The New Yorker. Given all the news recently about media, I am thinking it is probably a good time to shift my money away from crafting magazines and toward the news outlets that need our support to keep going. I'm adding that to my to-do list today!

18 months post op / 120lbs  / Trying-to-lose-a-few-pounds-diet

B: Fit Frappe Mocha + Iced Coffee with whole milk + banana after the gym

S: Homemade Sous Vide Egg Bite

L: Instant Pot Salsa Chicken

S: Thick Cut Pepperoni with Laughing Cow Wedge

D: Steak (grilled on the salt plate!)

Totals: Calories: 728 / Protein: 58 (so low, oops!) / Carb: 34

Exercise: gym, but I don't know what I am doing, yet...

Vitamins: patches = D3, Iron & Multi / oral = 2 additional iron

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/26/17 4:29 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I'm enjoying the alliteration!

We sure had spring fever yesterday again. The dogs and I took a long walk on the beach in the morning and it was warm enough to not wear a jacket even with the breeze. But the fog rolled in quickly at arround 3 and we had this misty rain for a few hours. It's nice and sunny this morning, but as you said it is much chillier.  On the haircut topic, I had the same hairdresser for over 20 years in the Central Mass area, so finding a new one on Cape Cod was scary. Luckily a friend with a good haircut recommended someone and she's been doing a great job, but is MUCH more expensive than my previous one. With short hair I go every 4 weeks so it adds up.

QOTD: I only subscribe to Oprah as I find it difficult to find the time to read magazines much (I'd rather read books). My oldest daughter Elise gave me a subscription as a gift the Christmas of 2004 because I enjoyed reading it that fall while she had chemotherapy. She died a few months later, so I keep renewing the subscription as a continuing gift from her.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese, English muffin and peanut butter

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: either crack chicken or 1/2 leftover burger

S: nut thins and cottage cheese; protein chips

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 2/26/17 5:51 am
RNY on 07/20/15

What a sweet way to remember your daughter 

NYMom222
on 2/26/17 7:23 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Insert Fitness
on 2/26/17 5:23 am

Morning Sunday crew!

Euchre tournament was a success! So fun to see people out and mixing it up. there was a good mix of people, and it was nea****ching everyone laugh and enjoy themselves. This was the second year we did it, and  We weren't sure if we'd keep this going, but we had tons of people already say they are planning on next year, and can they bring a friend etc. So, I guess this is officially an annual event!

no idea what today has in store really. My husband has a couple of hours of work to do. I might get together with my one of my sisters to paint, and plan my other sisters baby shower. Our goal is to make it not boring! Haha. 

Menu:

B: premiere protein (I'm off to catch up on yesterday's post and see if there's any inspiration to change things up!)

L: I have leftover roast chicken and I think steak, so something with either of those.

D: not sure, maybe a fish stew of some kind if I'm feeling fancy.

Take care!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 2/26/17 5:27 am - CT

Have you tried the salt plate?  If so, did you like it and how do you use it?  Thanks!

Queen JB
on 2/26/17 8:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes we have tried it! You put it on the grill on a low temp for a bit to warm it, then add the meat. Very yummy :)

Emiepie
on 2/26/17 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! Jumping in early this morning while I am waiting for the gym to open (they open at 6a but usually they get here and let us in around 5:30 or so). Glad you had a good experience with your new stylist.

Yesterday was nice. We just were running errands, shopping a little and just hanging out. Today we have church and right after service we are going to a meeting to see about a mission  trip they are doing summer that Em is interested in hearing more about. 

QOTD: I get Us Weekly, Good Housekpeeing and Better Homes and Gardens.

Menu for today: B:latte, egg beaters, sausage links and 1/2 an orange L: TBD depends on how long the meeting goes after church so I'll prob put a pack of jerky in my purse just in case S: latte, yogurt and jerky D: Crack chicken S: decaf latte later

Exercise- waiting to get in my 7 miles Water and vits are set.

Hope everyone has a great day.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mahalo F.
on 2/26/17 12:11 pm

Hi!

OMG I know it is a typo but I laughed so hard when I read your Good Housepeeing!  I should get that for my sons so that they can aim themselves better when peeing on the toilet... Literally!

lol Lol

Sandra 

Mahalo.  

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Emiepie
on 2/26/17 2:39 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Lol!! See what happens when I post too fast?!? Glad it made you laugh though!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 252 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics