What's on your menu today ( Tuesday) RNYer

Insert Fitness
on 3/7/17 3:39 am, edited 3/7/17 4:12 am

Morning!

Daizy mom asked me to start today's thread, so here goes!

Qotd:There have been a lot of questions posted lately abou****er and hydration. So let's hear it! What's your best tip? Or what's your daily routine like?

I'm almost 6 months out and I average at least 4 litres, which a quick google tells me is 135 ounces. The sounds like a lot in ounces....

i typically drink room temperature water, with mio or crystal light. Which Would have grossed me out pre op. And I mostly drink my water from a sports bottle.

i guess my tip is try everything! You'll find a combo that works for You!

menu:

B: protein shake

L: leftover chilli

D: we are going to friends for dinner. So I'm not sure what's on the menu...

have a great day everyone!

Edited to fix weird autocorrect!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 3/7/17 4:05 am, edited 3/6/17 8:08 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! This is a funny question because I am so particular about the types of fluids I have at certain points in the day! Morning ****il about 11am), coffee only. Mid-morning through the early evening, straigh****er (including at the gym). In the late evening, I prefer warm liquids--Tea or CrioBru. And I am super thirsty and drink all night long, but for some reason straigh****er doesn't sit well, then... so I either drink a flavored water or a PowerAide Zero. Can you say high maintenance? But it's what works for me, so I am sticking with it. I wish I was as disciplined on weekends, though. All of my routines go out the window and I don't drink nearly enough!

I am super tired this morning. I turned off the alarm instead of hitting snooze and woke up 40 minutes late, but still needed to get out the door on time. I am already at work waiting for meeting #1 to start at 7am. Hoping to get out of here at a decent hour so that I can do the gym and still be home before 6pm.

Yesterday's menu was great, so I copied it almost exactly today!

18 months post op/ 119lbs today / Maintenance Diet

B; Protein Coffee + Egg and cheese

S: Plain 2% Greek Yogurt with berries and chia seeds

L: Crack Chicken

S: 8 Shrimp & ****tail sauce + cucumber

D: Italian sausage

Totals: Calories: 959 / Protein: 75 / Carb: 54

Vitamins: Patches (D3, Iron & Multi) Oral: Magnesium, Potassium, 2 Slow FE Iron & an additional Multi

Exercise: 30 minutes walk on the treadmill + 30 minute strength training

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

RJC5197
on 3/7/17 4:07 am - MI
RNY on 05/17/16

Howdy.

I will not just lurk today and respond.

In the beginning, I had difficulty with all the water I needed to drink due to it getting warm and bland water taste. I settled in using a 40 oz. Takeya twin wall stainless bottle, and add lemon juice and a spritz of Mio, so I get a couple of these in each day. The bottle keeps ice all day, and has made a big difference.

I also now start drinking 24 oz. during early AM workouts so am fully hydrated now.

ttfan
on 3/7/17 4:39 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I average about 140 ounces of fluids a day, I drink a pot of decaf coffee in the morning, 2 or 3 cups of decaf green tea in the afternoon and either 1 or 2 24 oz ice waters throughout the day. My liquids either have to be very very cold or very very hot!

No menu today we are leaving for appointments and errands so will be out all day. But I will eat protein where ever me end up

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

catwoman7
on 3/7/17 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

drive-by for now - I'm on the road and ready for day 2!!

QOTD: I'm often at 12+ cups a day. My protein shakes and lattes are two (I usually dilute them and sip on the all day long), I count decaf coffee (but not regular), and I have at least a quart of Crystal Light. Tap water doesn't do it for me much anymore (it did pre-surgery...but oddly, not now....) - although it's OK at a restaurant with lots of ice.

21 months out

I'll be on the road all day long, so this is just an estimate (other than breakfast, which I just finished - and my protein shake)

B: one scrambled egg, 4 oz thing of yogurt (sadly, not Greek - I'm used to way more protein at breakfast!), coffee with half & half

S: double protein shake (I need it after this breakfast!)

L: something protein-friendly (maybe Panera turkey chili???). I have protein bars packed just in case....

D: same as lunch

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

tracyps
on 3/7/17 4:52 am
RNY on 09/20/16

I am not great at getting my fluids in everyday. I do try, but it is a struggle. I got back in the gym yesterday and am so sore today, thinking i need to try a little harder to drink water and it may help.

B: Egg cassarole

L: BBQ chicken breast, peas, slaw

S: cottage cheese, banana

D: meatloaf, greenbeans

Kakesie
on 3/7/17 5:12 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Menu Family!

Thanks for starting us off, Insert Fitness.

QOTD: I have a huge, 52 oz. Bubba Keg that I carry around with me all day long. I fill it up at LEAST 3 or 4 times a day so I drink 150 - 200 oz. of ice water a day if not more. I love ice water and drink it all day long.

B: bacon & spinach egg frittata

L: chicken & wild rice soup

D: chili cheese dog

S: Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S: roast beef roll-ups with cream cheese

Exercise: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

pammieanne
on 3/7/17 7:51 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I have a Bubba keg like that, only it's pink...

Funny story behind it... we were out on a friend's boat in a cove when I saw it floating over by the shoreline... so my daughter and her friend jump in the water and swim over to grab it... just as they are swimming back, the lake patrol stops in front of our boat (It was a double-decker pontoon with a slide off the top, very cool boat), to check for life jacket compliance on the kids... and here come the two teenage girls, holding a bright pink bubba keg in their hands, screaming We got the BUBBA!!! Patrol looks at them, looks at all of us, and luckily was very fun about it... threw the girls each a t-shirt for having their life jackets on...

I've had a lot to drink out of that Bubba over the years... and not nearly enough of it was water

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Kakesie
on 3/7/17 7:54 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, Pammieanne! That IS a funny story! Thanks for sharing it!

alston87
on 3/7/17 5:14 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Love the QOTD....Since I am just a week out from surgery I need all the tips on liquids I can get. Right now I have found a drink that is bottled in NC and is really only available on one side of the state, but it meets all of my requirements...sugar free, caffeine free, no carbonation.. and it goes down so easy. So I made my hubby drive an hour away to find the closest store to get me some lol. We had drove out of town to go to a zoo and he happened to buy one and I tried it....fell in love with it and then it wasn't anywhere near by! But I can also do ice, sf popsicles, water if it is freezing cold.

So yesterday I got in 41g of protein! I was very proud of myself as this is the best I have done yet! Fairlife milk is being my saving grace right now. I drank some milk with sf chocolate syrup. I also had a cup with chocolate protein powder (not the best but do-able).

I tried to do cream of chicken soup with protein powder which was yummy before surgery but not now.

So today's goal is to get more than 41g of protein. I will probably do the chocolate milk, and the protein and milk. Then I will try to do one more thing with protein to get my numbers up more. I am also going to have some chicken broth contemplating trying to add some powder to that and seeing how it goes.

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?