I developed a love for working out.......

sensualamber
on 3/25/17 4:26 am

Prior to my back surgery......... I started hitting the gym hard. I developed a love for it. I would plug in my headphones and work out for an hour to two hours easily..... I also went back to a class that I liked... body pump. Although I can't do the bodypump class for 5 more months due to the surgery..... I can possibly be cleared for cardio on Tuesday when I go to my follow up appointment. I am so ecstatic.....

everyone should find that that physical activity that not only helps them with their weight goals but tone that you can develop a love for..... it makes the challenge of losing weight a whole lot easier.....

peachpie
on 3/25/17 6:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I too found an activity/routine I absolutely love. But I disagree that it makes it any easier. It doesn't. Not for me at least. I love what it does for my overall fitness, but it adds a new element of stress- am I doing enough, it right, overdoing it, making time; taking too much time...

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

sensualamber
on 3/25/17 6:49 am

Peachpie.....

my gym has personal health consultants that help with that. They help you to personalize ur workouts once a month to achieve your weightloss goals. It helps to find someone who can assist you with that.

peachpie
on 3/25/17 7:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

A trainer. That's adds another level of stress. How much will it cost, will our personalities mesh, will they lose sight of what I want in favor of what they think is best...

sensualamber
on 3/25/17 7:57 am

Oh no..... it's free and comes with the membership. They do have personal trainers too. If u were in my area.... I would tell u where.

sensualamber
on 3/25/17 8:00 am

I'm sure there are other gyms that offer similar services.... you just have to ask.

peachpie
on 3/25/17 8:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm good. Everything comes at a cost. So if it's covered in the membership then it's likely more expensive than what I'm currently paying.

To be clear- I was just tossing out examples of what can make this 'not easy.' These really aren't my issues. I'm good with my routine and don't feel that I need help.

sensualamber
on 3/25/17 10:29 am
sensualamber
on 3/25/17 10:34 am

Eh..... I pay $43 per month with a corporate discount. It's $55 regular price......and for what I get with the membership, it's a good price for me. It's all relative and works just fine for me. Maybe not for u..... I still think finding that activity that works for you makes losing weight easier in addition to our tool...... we can agree to disagree.

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/17 12:52 pm
RNY on 10/26/16

I think the great saying coined in the sci fi tv show Lost in Space. Warning Robinson family, Warning. Be careful to not over rely on exercise to control weight. I was heavy and got to goal by running long distances, even marathons. I like you ran around advocating exercise as an answer. Them bam a very serious injury. Yada yada 5 years later I went from 200 to 500 plus pounds. My advice is keep it in perspective.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 426 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics