Phase 3!!

CarlRay
on 3/26/17 3:17 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

I just finished my last meal of phase 2. I'm 4 weeks post-op as of tomorrow, and I can hardly contain myself about trying something from the phase 3 sample menu. It's also my first day back at work, which I am actually excited about for once. I may be in that little "stall" that we all hit, but I'll be adding exercise (daily 5.5km commute each way either by walking or cycling).

Ive been working up to the exercise by walking lots during the past month.

Very happy to have done this and grateful for taking the whole time off. :)

Caroljo4444
on 3/27/17 10:08 am

Congrats on conquering these first milestones! It is such a big deal to incorporate food back into our lives even if it's just puree'd or soft foods! I thought liquids would never end! Keep us updated on your progress and HaPpY first day back at work!

Carol

Banded 12/2006 - Revision to RNY 9/26/2016

HW 262 - SW 235 - CW 134

Kathy1212
on 3/27/17 3:34 pm

Congratulations, and good luck back at work!

I'm starting soft foods and sooooo happy about it!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

CarlRay
on 3/28/17 12:09 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Thanks everyone! It's day two of the phase 3 diet (soft foods, etc.). So far so good. I have discovered that cheese is off the list. I don't think it was low-fat, just whatever was still in the fridge from whenever my wife bought it. I hadn't eaten any actual food since Feb. 19, so I wasn't paying attention to it. I had a 1 oz piece for my evening snack, as per the plan, and it made me feel pretty rough. So up it came and I was fine.

Day 1 Breakfast was 1/2 cup of bran flakes with 1/2 cup of milk. I got 1/4 of the bran in and all of the milk, and was full. Daytime snacks, lunch, and supper were totally fine from their sample menus. Just that cheese was putting me off.

I did drop 1.4 lbs from the day before, between the walking/cycling and the food, so the stall seems to be moving again, even little by little.

Day 2 (today). Breakfast was the same, but I only got halfway through it. I might get up earlier and change cereals or something, or go back to oatmeal (my favourite growing up).

Being back to work has really been a blessing for me after the 4 weeks off. There are (and will be) days where my stance on that is maybe different, but I'm not wired to be home like that. So I'm grateful. I had a few comments from coworkers, but nothing that's been too inquisitive. So far so good.

Thanks for the replies!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 456 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 418 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views