Have you had a revision? If so, please take my poll :-)

Kathy S.
on 3/27/17 8:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning

I can't believe March is gone and spring and summer is around the corner.

Those that know me know I am very passionate about us, all we go through and how we live. Please take my poll and be honest. There is a personal reason I ask and will post later why and share.

This is for NON MEDICAL reason revision! Defined by a surgeon or doctor doing test/s and has confirmation there is a medical reason you have regained.

Did you have a revision?

How long after your first surgery date?

How much did you regain?

After the revision have you kept it off at least 3-5 years? (if it's not been that long let me know how long)

What if anything did you do differently the second time around?

Thank you, I appreciate your help

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Renee C.
on 3/27/17 7:40 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Are you asking people who had an RNY as their first surgery and a revision afterwards, or people who had something else (like the lapband or sleeve) and had a revision TO the RNY?

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Kathy S.
on 3/28/17 10:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Renee,

I was asking for any surgery to surgery if it's NOT medical necessary. Thanks for your help

Renee C.
on 3/28/17 9:29 pm - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

Well, then, that's probably me. While I did have issues with PBing, an unfill would have likely solved that issue. But then I would have gained even more than I did. I was self-pay for my revision to RNY.

Did you have a revision? Yes, lapband to RNY.

How long after your first surgery date? almost 12 years (Aug 2005->Feb 2017)

How much did you regain? All of it -- from 275 on my surgery day for lapband, I dropped to maybe mid 180s, which was not goal but still a pretty great loss. Gained back to 279. First consult for RNY revision, I weighed 268, and 254 on day of surgery for the revision.

After the revision have you kept it off at least 3-5 years? (if it's not been that long let me know how long)

Just had the revision 2 months ago, so it's still a long haul ahead of me to lose, and then see if I can keep it off this time.

What if anything did you do differently the second time around? That's going to be something I can answer later maybe. It's always lots of motivation when getting started!

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

Kathy S.
on 3/29/17 7:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Renee,

There has been so many issues with the band. Don't get me wrong I know there are some that have been successful and I would never take anything away from that. I am sorry you did something 12 years ago that was suppose to help you live a healthy life. And I am sorry you are going through it "again". But you got this! Deal with the head issues my friend, take it one day at a time and as each pound disappears for "good" your life will be lighter in many ways.

Please keep me posted on how you do and if there is anything I can do let me know.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?