1st WLS Seminar

Gracelyne_Davis
on 3/30/17 2:56 pm

I am going to my 1st WLS seminar the 26th of april to see if i am eligible for WLS. I know i am i have been to the clinic once before but could not make it to all 3 seminars last time , but thins time i am making sacrifices for my health.

i am looking for a kind of mentor and also separately looking for some one just starting out with their decision of WLS... so if there is anyone ...... please help..

LootLady
on 3/29/17 11:19 am

Hi Gracelyne - what does WLS stand for? I am not good with an-acronyms. I don't have a surgery date yet but after a year of appointments, I finally have my surgical consult in a couple of days. So, still in the beginning of it all.
Happy to chat.

GmaDiana
on 4/4/17 9:07 am

WLS stands for weight loss surgery.

slightlyrocky
on 3/29/17 12:31 pm - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

Don't qualify for the mentor but I am certainly someone just starting out. I went to a seminar in November after I heard about the gastric sleeve from someone who actually had it done and had been successful. Turns out I am not a candidate for that procedure because of my severe acid reflux. My surgeon has recommended a bypass instead so after throughly researching that procedure I have decided to go for it. I have completed all the steps so now I am waiting for a call to schedule the surgery. I should be having the procedure in the next 3 weeks. They require a 2 week pre-surgery diet of protein shakes and zero calorie drinks/jello/popsicles to shrink your liver - not loooking forward to this! I am new on here and this is only my second post. Best of luck to you and if I can be of support to you let me know.

cicis_journey
on 3/29/17 1:00 pm

Hi Gracelyn! I am attending my first info session on Monday the third -- I am so excited and nervous all at the same time!

cc583
on 3/29/17 2:23 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

WLS stands for Weight Loss Surgery

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Greyhoundgal
on 3/29/17 5:24 pm

Hi there, I'm attending my first orientation on April 3rd. We're almost at the same spot in the road! I'm always open to chatting as I know I'll need a lot of support.

Gracelyne_Davis
on 4/1/17 3:06 pm

2 days left .... you excited Grayhoundgal

Greyhoundgal
on 4/1/17 3:13 pm

Yes I am! I was just on the phone with the friend who is driving me so we could plan our route. I'm scared of all that could go wrong too! I have so many other health problems I'm afraid they'll find a reason to say I don't qualify!

Gracelyne_Davis
on 4/1/17 3:59 pm

keep good faith and remember Breath , everything will be fine..

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 201 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 372 views
Recent Topics