What's on your Sunday Menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 4/9/17 3:48 am

Morning from the farm!

JB: Hope your parents are on the mend!

we were crafting machines yesterday, getting ready for my sister's baby shower! Today the saga continues!

qotd: let's talk plastic surgery. Who's had it, who wants it, who doesn't?

I went into this only considering plastics because I'd read that some studies show it can increase your chances at long term success .

I thought my arms and stomach would be it. I knew my thighs would be the worst, as it's where I carry a lot of my weight, but it's easily camouflaged. Even though I still have a lng way to go, my legs already look like melted candles! So I've added them to the list...And my arms don't bother me at all. (Aesthetically at least. They actually really bug me because i can hear them flap against my skin when I'm moving quickly, so they gotta go hahah)

ive also added breast lift to the list. Again, never considered it, because I figured a good bras would work fine. But it's really hard to find one that keeps the excess skin from spilling out...

all that to say, I think I'm at the point of wanting everything hahah .never saw that coming!

menu

B: premiere protein shake

brunch: egg and bacon

D: tbd when I get back to the city!

have a great Sunday gang!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

merryrose
on 4/9/17 4:21 am

Good morning!

Yay! I get a day off. Today I need to figure out what clothes I'm bringing on my move next week and what I'm getting rid of. It's gonna be a BIG project. I have a lot of clothes in a lot of sizes.

QOTD: I had never seriously considered plastic surgery before I started this process but now I'm in the maybe camp. I've almost lost 50 lbs so far which is far from needing it yet... but maybe. I have doubts, though. My budget is very tight and I'd have to take out a loan for plastic surgery. Also, I plan to get pregnant once I'm out of my 18 month window... which could mess with anything I have done, in addition to being another huge financial step... for now I'm using bio oil like crazy on my stomach and arms and hoping for the best.

Last night I cooked up a storm. Shout out to LissaK who posted the Starbucks eggbite recipe the other day. I found that the cooking technique (300 degrees for 30 min, with a pan of water on the bottom rack) was the missing link in the eggface mini quiches I've been making. So much moister now!!!

Plan:
Breakfast: coffee with premier protein
Snack: blueberry protein mini muffins with light cream cheese
Lunch: artichoke Florentine egg bites and 2 babybel
Snack: Greek yogurt with Pb2 and sugar free pudding mix, cheesecake flavor
Dinner: Morningstar steak strips with American cheese

Exercise: day off from gym

Totals:
Calories 807; carbs 40; protein 86

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

Queen JB
on 4/9/17 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi all, Happy Sunday!

I am still home, but I should rally and get myself back up to the hospital, soon. Real talk: I am not eating so well through all of this. It's weird--it doesn't feel like stress eating, more like just being too emotionally/physically tired to make good choices. Anyway, here is what I ate yesterday:

• chocolate covered espresso beans
  • popcorn
  • Trader Joe's Oven Baked Cheese Bites
  • cheese stick & almonds
  • Pizza Veggie Burger with cheese & pepperoni

No idea what is in store for today, but I will bring some good stuff and hope to get some more protein in. I am also thinking that it is time to make time for myself and get to the gym. I go to a chain and I am allowed to go to any of them. I saw one close to the hospital, so I think I will do that, today.

QOTD: I don't "need" plastics for skin issues. I lost the majority of my weight slowly with the band, and then lost the rest quickly, 5 years later. Since it was slow, I think that helped. I would love love love to get lipo for my thighs, though. They are big old elephant trunks compared to the rest of my body. I can also imagine a time that a facelift will be on my list.

Have a great day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 4/9/17 8:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

For me, a nice sweaty workout always releases tension. Hope your dad and mom continue to improve.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

seattledeb
on 4/9/17 11:23 am

It's really hard to eat well as a hospital caregiver. You hang in there.

Tri_harder
on 4/9/17 5:12 am, edited 4/9/17 5:13 am

I am down to 209 today. I was 220 on Feb. 8 and 211 last week. Tri harder

B: Jimmy Dean delight 260

S: clementines and Greek yogurt 160

L: lettuce, tomato, cucumber and mushrooms, ff dressing, seeds and nuts, croutons, 2 taco shells with 1 oz. cheese (the taco shells and croutons are gone now) 600

S: cantaloupe and Slimfast snack 170

D: my veggie soup, chicken breast 250

S: pear and Slimfast snack 170

Teena D.
on 4/9/17 5:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning everyone!

Its a quiet Sunday for us. I have an exam on Tuesday so I have to study. I was supposed to write it in December but I was able to get a deferral because I got my last minute surgeon appointment. We also want to go visit an elderly cousin about 1 hour from here. I really want to go but I also have to study so I'm not sure yet. We lost another elderly cousin on Wednesday after a battle with cancer so I feel like we should go.

QOTD: Plastic surgery scares me a bit- all those drains and stuff. I'm hoping I won't be too bad but will know as I get closer to my goal. The Ontario health insurance will cover a panni but everything else is out of pocket so even if I wanted to, it won't be for a while yet. 3 kids to get through college first. :)

Menu: Greek Yogurt with some vanilla and Splenda.

L: Pork Chops on the grill. So excited about this. Also some roasted veggies

D: Cold cuts rolled up with Boursin Herb and garlic cheese

S: Egg Custard if I have the calories

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

pinyee
on 4/9/17 5:16 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning Menu Family! How can it be Sunday already! I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow!

JB glad your dad is still making progress and your mom is resting and doing what she should. We had a great time with nieces yesterday. However, taking a 2.5 year old to a store and telling her she can buy what ever she wants! She kept going back and picking out this Mini Mouse shopping cart which I think she already has but oh well she wanted it she got it. My husband was trying to talk her into this loud boom box type toy from the movie Troll's but she wanted the darn shopping cart.

I had some fun shopping yesterday for myself as well I was looking for new shirts and have officially left the plus size side of the store I kept trying on all these shirts and my husband was like to big, to big. He comes back with a shirt and says try it on so I do and I liked it and it fit and then I said well where did you find it and he takes me over to the misses section and says here you really need to start buying clothes from here so I did!

QOTD: I never had thought plastic surgery would be for me but in the past month or so it has been something I have been thinking about as I have become more aware of things sagging. The thing I am the most aware of are my arms so I find myself trying to buy shirts with longer sleeves because of this. I know in looking at my work schedule I could never even think of doing anything about it until 2019 so I have until then to work my butt off to try and tone up as much as possible....

My food for the day:

B: coffee coffee coffee and did I mention coffee scrambled egg

L: chicken breast and broccoli

D: meatball's w/marinara and cheese

Have a great day friends hope it is a nice one.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/17 5:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Today my work is sorting through the stacks of junky papers DH has been squirreling for the last few years to determine what needs to be saved, shredded or recycled. He has Alzheimer's but was an attorney previously and also was taking care of MIL affairs as POA, so it's a mess.

QOTD: Never in a thousand years would I have considered PS prior to starting the WLS journey. Things change... I had a TT and mini facelift in January. After WL, I couldn't stand my belly and my neck/under my chin sagged like crazy where it used to be filled with fat. I went for a consultation last fall just to find out the cost. When I discovered it would cost about as much as the driveway we paved last year, I decided I was worth a driveway. I have wrinkles on my upper arms, and thighs, but not enough to do anything about.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Making pulled pork in my IP

S: almonds, protein bar

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 4/9/17 6:05 am, edited 4/8/17 11:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Did great my bridal shower yesterday with the food, but then got home and was starving, I ate an appropriate mount for the day but I just ate a lot of it in a couple hours then stopped for rest of day. Still don't have my food on straight.

QOTD: i've made it no secret that I've had plastic surgery. I have to say I didn't think about that when I was losing weight at least in the beginning. But then as I got closer to your goal or at least when I was over one year out started contemplating it. What really propelled me forward with finding out I had a hernia, and I wasn't going to waste having surgery I'm just a hernia LOL I did have to prioritize, because I wasn't sure how much time energy and money I had. So that's why the thighs ended up at the end of the list but I did end up doing them, obviously. I to read the part where it helps you keep the weight off, or the like anything that's not a guarantee. Had to do the lower body lift first because of the hernia needing to be done. But getting the arms done was nonnegotiable. So book them at the same time, the breast in the legs for the debate. But went with the breast first, glad I did because during in with the arms worked out well.

Ex: it's a gorgeous morning here finally, so I did my run this morning already sitting outside. Do you plan on going inside and doing my plilates routine because I need to stretching. Actually have a really bad enjoying going to the gym and working with the trainer. Honestly I've always love the weightlifting it's the cardio stuff that I struggle with

B: egg, cheese, turkey sausage on low carb bread

coffee w/miralax/fairlife

S: Cookie mint protein drink w/cashew milk

L: Turkey chili tomato and cute salad

D: steak and cheese on salad

S: yogurt, chocolate chai latte

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views