What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 5/20/17 3:52 am

Morning weekenders!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

It's a long weekend here in Canada, sooo yay! Trying to fit in a little too much though hahah. This morning we're off to a garden centre, then heading to the farm. One of my sisters is in a softball tournament, so we might check out a game. We're installing posts and planting hops, helping with other garden stuff, doing some visiting and hopefully getting some baby time in!

Qotd: what skill would you like to learn? Professional or personal growth? Because it took way too long for me to find the job I have now, I realize I need to upgrade my skills, so I have some shiny new stuff to list on my cv. I'm trying to think 5 years down the road. Now that I'm in a management position, I suppose I should be looking at those types of skills... but..ugh...and I think I mentioned it, but I'd like to learn German.

Also, I'm not sure how to make a career out if it, but id love to be more involved in the Bariatric community. I remember being so shocked when I realized no one at my clinic were post ops!

Im also thinking golf lessons and more swim lessons ...and...and...lol I've got to put all this extra energy somewhere! Haha

menu:

B: fried egg with bacon

S: premier protein

the rest of the day is up in the air, since we're heading out of town. But protein forward as always!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 5/20/17 6:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

My plans for this weekend are my youngest niece's graduation and her graduation reception. Also I sold some of my fat clothes on our local Facebook Plus Size Exchange site and am meeting several people today so they can pick them up.

QOTD: I think I would like to learn to scuba dive, although I'm a little afraid of breathing underwater, I still think it would be an awesome experience. I would also like to learn to crochet.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, low cal dressing

D: taco meat, cheese, sour cream, 1/2 flour tortilla

S: light n fit Greek yogurt

Exercise: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

~ Karen

Patty R.
on 5/20/17 6:18 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Morning all!!

Temps much cooler here today. That Summer heat was a shock! Tending to flower beds, temps are cooler but gypsy moth caterpillars are sooo gross. They are defoliating menaces and they cause dermatitis (skin rash)

QOTD: I would like to refresh my American Sign language skills--if you don't use it, you lose it.

8+months out

Menu

B: coffee w/ vanilla premier protein (prize came in!!) scramble w/ turkey pepperoni, low fat swiss

L: baked haddock w/lemon

D: Italian ricotta bake w/chicken

Cal: 743 Prot: 95 Carb: 16

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

NYMom222
on 5/20/17 7:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Cue "I'm leaving on a Jet Plane...don't know when I'll be back again..." Maybe I'll be like my aunt who was a fashion buyer in NYC, went on vacation to Hawaii in the '60's...found a job while she was out there- packed up her life and moved out there for 30 years until she retired....:) Bags are packed, want to do some cleaning and leaving for airport in 2 hours....Turns out JB and I will intersect for 2 hours at the airport, so we will see if we find each other...another addition to my Global Where's Waldo experience...

QOTD: Skills? Definitely more business oriented computer stuff...including building websites

Had my morning Latte and plan on having yogurt and blueberries before I leave for airport- bring jerky, protein bar and those TJ cheese crispy things...

Au Revoir!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Patty R.
on 5/20/17 7:30 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Have a great trip!! Hope you do cross paths...

peachpie
on 5/20/17 6:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning! It's my first weekend without bowling-- yes! I've been on my run and am eating breakfast. Today I have to take the younger boy to a birthday party, and to get a gift for the kid. Other wise no plans- I may look at work emails since I was off yesterday. I would have worked outside but it's rained a bit and is cloudy- so I May just stay indoors. No plans tomorrow either.

Qotd: is like to take a course in professional make up application. I'm good in doing mine , but would need to learn how to pick colors for other skin tones etc. I also want to get my professional certification in HR-- I'm totally dragging my feet on doing that. Like you I would love to work in the bariatric community- But I fear I'd be more frustrated than happy with people progress (or lack there of).

195.5 today, 2yrs out, mini goal to reach 190.5

m1: 2 fried eggs with cheese, 4oz ham

m2: Greek yogurt, berries, granola

m3: sautéed shrimp

m4: pork chops and mashed sweet potato

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

supershopper
on 5/20/17 12:30 pm

Are you getting Shrm or gphr?

i was looking into gphr, but not super motivated. I have my pmp (project manager)

btw thanks for your order and you have a special package coming to you Monday ;)

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

peachpie
on 5/20/17 6:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'd do SHRM. My job offers a bonus if I get that-- you'd think that alone would motivate me.

We were just hiring for a PMP certified person. Not a field I'm familiar with- it was hard to write a job description for a field I don't fully understand. I think they got close to hiring.

Im so excited about my order!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

supershopper
on 5/20/17 6:45 pm

I'm so glad! I love them and they are addicting but save so much $$ compared to the salon.

inwas really interested to see how the shrm accreditation was going to compare to the gphr or the like.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

catwoman7
on 5/20/17 7:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD: I'd love to be musical - like play the piano or something. I took flute as a kid and guitar in my 20s, but I never kept up with either.

someone mentioned working in a bariatric clinic - I would love that, too. In fact, I applied for a job in mine doing insurance stuff and scheduling surgeries, but an hour later, I got a rejection letter. They probably score the apps by computer or someone in HR sits down and matches your skills with what they're looking for (in this case, associate degree in secretarial science plus 2+ years doing medical secretary work). I have two master's degrees and have worked in libraries for 20 years, so of course, no match. Obviously no one read my cover letter explaining that I was hoping to retire this summer and was looking for a post-retirement job, and that I am a bariatric patient and have, in fact, done a lot of volunteering at their clinic, talking to many of the pre-op groups (I'm sure the clinic never even got my application - it was stopped in the HR dept). And they didn't consider that someone with two master's degrees and has worked in a library (which can be very detail-y, hyper-organized work) could possibly be good at dealing with insurance forms and scheduling surgeries. ARRRGGH. Well, that's that. The only other jobs that would exist there are dietitian, nurse, PA, or surgeon - and I have no desire to go back for more degrees at my age (I would consider going back for like a one-year certification in something, but a whole degree? No). So that pretty much ended that dream. Oddly, if I personally talked to someone over at the clinic, I bet they might be willing to hire me - several of them know me - but then, this is how the hiring procedure works in a lot of places. Bah.

weekend - today I have free. I'll go out for coffee in a few and take the paper with me. Then I'll head over to the gym. The physical therapist cleared me for some cardio, including stationary bike and pool-based stuff, as long as it doesn't hurt my ankle. Tomorrow I'll be at the research lab all day doing a bunch of testing for study I'm in.

23 months out (maintenance - still in the 130s this morning - YAY!!)

B: homemade Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and flaxseed

S: coffee with half & half, protein shake

L: I'm thinking turkey meatballs in a Flat Out Flip-It wrap with tzatziki sauce, cucumbers, and tomatoes

D: if my salmon fillet is thawed enough, then that with asparagus and sesame-miso vinaigrette

probably another yogurt later on this evening

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views