What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 5/28/17 3:59 am

morning weekend crew!

hope all of you in the US are enjoying your long weekend! It actually felt like summer here yesterday. So great!

I think Liz is right, yesterday's qotd sure had a theme, most memories around age 3, and often traumatic.

Today's qotd might seem boring, but it's an important one. On the drive back from my parents, who are nearing retirement, I realized growing older is not something I ever really spent a lot of time considering, and definitely not planning for... but now that I am getting older, plus losing this weight means I might be around a lot longer now...

Whats your best tip for planning for the future? How do you save for retirement? Are you one of those folks with different streams of income? Or putting all your money into your home or real estate to sell? Any sage advice, or lessons learned the hard way?

the scale fiiiinally moved a little this morning. I've been bouncing between 220 and 221.5 for weeks now. This morning it was 219.8 hahaha! I was way more excited over that 0.2 pounds than I should be! Shows me though that scaling back the dairy isn't a bad idea, at least for now.

Menu:

B: premiere protein

L: leftover turkey and gravy

D: will depend on where meal prep takes me!

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 5/28/17 4:21 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

My daughter and I grilled outside yesterday. We had rib-eye steak and grilled corn on the cob. It was yummy!

Yesterday's QOTD was very interesting!

Today's QOTD: I was very fortunate because when my mom died she left me some stocks as an inheritance. They pay out dividends that I hope will be enough to continue to create a livable income for me until I die. My home and car are paid for. I am very blessed.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, low cal dressing

D: rib-eye steak, Greek yogurt

S: light & fit Greek yogurt

Exercise: Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 5/28/17 4:22 am
RNY on 02/28/17
On May 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM Pacific Time, Insert Fitness wrote:

morning weekend crew!

hope all of you in the US are enjoying your long weekend! It actually felt like summer here yesterday. So great!

I think Liz is right, yesterday's qotd sure had a theme, most memories around age 3, and often traumatic.

Today's qotd might seem boring, but it's an important one. On the drive back from my parents, who are nearing retirement, I realized growing older is not something I ever really spent a lot of time considering, and definitely not planning for... but now that I am getting older, plus losing this weight means I might be around a lot longer now...

Whats your best tip for planning for the future? How do you save for retirement? Are you one of those folks with different streams of income? Or putting all your money into your home or real estate to sell? Any sage advice, or lessons learned the hard way?

the scale fiiiinally moved a little this morning. I've been bouncing between 220 and 221.5 for weeks now. This morning it was 219.8 hahaha! I was way more excited over that 0.2 pounds than I should be! Shows me though that scaling back the dairy isn't a bad idea, at least for now.

Menu:

B: premiere protein

L: leftover turkey and gravy

D: will depend on where meal prep takes me!

Good morning weekenders! I am enjoying my relaxing long weekend.

Yesterday I got in some swimming and a long walk at the lake. I enjoy the peacefulness of the lake and it helps me to relax mentally. I was privileged to even see some deer in the woods near the trail as well as lots of birds.

Today I plan to go to the pool again and probably get in another walk but I'll stay closer to home.

QOTD: I faithfully contribute to my retirement account even when I could use more take home pay. I didn't always contribute and now I am trying to make up for those lost years.

Breakfast: Egg whites, feta cheese

Snack: Fuzzy Navel protein shake

Lunch: turkey breast

Snack: Greek yogurt

Dinner: chicken with broccoli

Exercise: pool time and a 4-5 mile walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

pinyee
on 5/28/17 4:30 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Hello weekend family! Another busy day. We are going golfing in a little bit, then chores around the house and tonight we are going to the local dirt track to watch the stock car races, when I was growing up my dad raced here and I went to the races every Friday, Saturday and Sunday but have not really been in years so I am really excited to go.

QOTD: Well after my mother passed away last year we really learned some lessons in planning they really had nothing planned, no will, nothing other than having plenty of money in the bank that was it. The only saving grace was that everything but one small thing was in both my parents names or my mom had my dad, my brother and I or my daughter as the beneficiary so big lesson learned there. We then had to go and update everything and while doing that we updated our will because ours was out of date ours said that if anything happened to us my brother would have custody of our daughter and since she is 21 I don't think that needs to happen any more. As for saving I have been participating in retirement plans since I have been able to just because I have always wanted to be able to retire comfortably when the time comes.

My menu for the day:

B: 2 scrambled egg whites, 2 slices of bacon, & coffee

S: Almonds

L: chicken salad make w/ greek yogurt, celery, cranberries, and almonds

S: yogurt and granola

D; hot dog no bun at the track

Have a great day all!!!

Teena D.
on 5/28/17 4:38 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning Menu Crew.

QOTD- this has been on my mind a lot- not just for the future but for now. We've never done all that well financially and a part of me wonders what we can and should be doing differently. I have a pension at work so I guess I rely on that for the future but in reality I'm trying to make things better for us now.

My boys were given free tickets to the Blue Jays game today and they are heading off to Toronto on the Go Train by themselves. I'm a little nervous but my hubby is not pleased at all. He was at work when the text came from a friend and I agreed.

On another note, we go to see the house that we so far like the best - the location is perfect for us and it looks like a nice place from the pics in the ad. Really really hoping that it works out.

Menu- kind of up in the air. Breakfast is my usual shake but the boys will be gone for lunch so Charles and Chelsie will probably want to buy lunch somewhere. And I think I will roast a chicken for supper.

Exercise- today I'm going to try piyo for the first time with Chalene Johnson.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 5/28/17 4:40 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Erin, my scale is at 219.6 today so we are pretty much at the same weight. It's down .4 from yesterday but still not my lowest weight. I've seen 219.4 a couple of times in the last 2 weeks and I'm gettbig pretty anxious to see a drop.

Insert Fitness
on 5/28/17 4:52 am

It's so funny eh? I mean, 90% of my brain is rational about it. You're on plan, you've never had an actual stall in the 8+ plus months since surgery, etc etc etc.

and yet...

part of me still gets all happy Gilmore and wants to yell at the scale to "go to your home!" "are you too good for your home!?"

Haha I also just dated myself with that movie reference haha.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Teena D.
on 5/28/17 5:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Lol! I know! I thought I had stalled before- I've gone 5-7 days without losing. But now I'm in to week 3 and it's like- so this is what people are really talking about! Love the reference! ?

Emiepie
on 5/28/17 9:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Fingers crossed for the house!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/28/17 4:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy sunny Sunday (here at least after a long stretch of grey rainy days)! I'm planting #2 of 3 hydrangeas today (maybe #3 as well). They are replacing the old overgrown bushes in front of the house that we pulled out last week.

QOTD: I am retiring at the end of the year a bit earlier than originally planned but necessary due to DH's Alzheimer's. I am ready to get rid of the work stress and the juggling of work and doctor appointments. We were never great at saving on our own but I tried to contribute as much as possible to my 401K at work. That, my pension and some inherited money should leave us in decent shape at least until I have to seek outside care for DH. Until last year we had kids in college and other than the 401K most funds went toward their education (which we felt was an important investment!).

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ? Dinner with family again (weekend prior to MIL funeral) - trying to be wise in my choices

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics