NSV V-Ball

CarlRay
on 5/29/17 8:36 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I'm pretty excited that my wife and I are on a beach volleyball team together. Last week was our first game, and I haven't played in 25 years. I was a little bit concerned about it, but I've handled everything else pretty well so I thought I'd give it a shot. Things went pretty well. Turns out I haven't lost much of a step, just have to knock the rust off. I made a few duffers of course, but some nice volleys, and actually dove for a few successfully. There's no way I could have been effective (or lasted the entire evening) at surgery weight of 316 in February, even last summer at 340-ish, let alone my HW of 391 a few years back. The difference is unreal, and I feel like I'm just getting started.

For the few difficult aspects of this, it's been amazing so far. My only regret, like I've read so many times before, is I didn't do it sooner.

Remember, no matter where you go.......there you are.

Au_Contraire
on 5/29/17 10:13 pm

CarlRay, that's wonderful! I love that life is opening up in such fun ways for you. Congrats on your weight loss too!

ScottAndrews
on 5/30/17 6:25 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Congrats on your success. Sounds like lots of fun.

I have some some old hockey equipment. Perhaps I've got one last run at The Cup in me yet!

CarlRay
on 5/30/17 7:00 am
RNY on 02/28/17

My brother-in-law is a goalie, and we've hatched a plan to get me back between the pipes too. I did it through high school and college, loved it. When I hit goal, I'll play goal. That's the goal. LOL

ScottAndrews
on 5/30/17 8:03 am
RNY on 03/20/17

I actually have the pieces to a regulation size PVC net in my closet. It's been there for almost 20 years waiting to be put back together.

CarlRay
on 5/30/17 12:25 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Go for it! I only hope I can remember how to skate. Hahaha

I put a road hockey net in my driveway and inherited a bunch of sticks for my daughters and I to play. I found one closest to the length I'd need and bought a bunch of tennis balls. I might find a ball hockey league if I just can't find my skating legs. It took about 10 minutes of stick handling and shooting to get back in the groove. I used old soda cans hanging on strings at various spots in the net, and can still pick them off one by one (akin to the targets you see hit by guys that actually know what they're doing).

The girls love it, so "Dad" keeps it up for them too. :)

ScottAndrews
on 5/30/17 9:39 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

That's pretty cool. I have one of those fake goalies that attaches itself to the posts. But I'm sure my wrist shot needs a lot of work and unfortunately I've got no young ladies to impress.

But congrats.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 254 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views