AMAW & food intake

cheapskate
on 6/5/17 8:16 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

looking for advice

day 1 of amaw I didn't eat all my food so my macros were way off. Just wasn't hungry.

I am not a big eater anyway and usually use at least 1 protein shake to hit my macros.

Do I force myself to eat everything even though I donut really want it? Orrrrr? I just don't know

today had a chicken patty, chicken breast and soup. I would say 400 calories and 55 protein

bruindiva92
on 6/5/17 8:32 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

cheapskate:

This is not about eating everything as it is about staying away from carb heavy foods and sweets. If you don't eat the entire servings, that is OK.

You may be eating less since your menu is all meat--dense protein gets you satisfied sooner and for a longer period.

Don't worry. Keep to the menu and eat less if you need to. Above all, have fun with the other OH members!

Grim_Traveller
on 6/5/17 11:31 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

55 protein is probably enough for you. In the short term, it's ok.

But really, your experience today is what a lot of people are shooting for with AMAW. Keeping calories low, and getting rid of the gnawing hunger that comes with too many carbs.

If it were me, I'd add one more meal/snack with more chicken, or maybe a burger.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/17 3:43 am, edited 6/5/17 8:51 pm

Here is my take on it:

Undereating - not eating enough can be bad in a few situations,:

• Person is underweight - with low body fat %
  • During recovery from a surgery
  • Someone who is thin and have adrenal deficiency of ay kind
  • If a person is dealing with Hypoglycemia while they don't eat enough
  • Someone with low levels of proteins - blood work.

If you are healthy, and still have some fat your body can burn, and have good energy, - not eating to much or even fasting can be really good for you.

But if you have any of the above - or week muscles - not getting enough proteins and calories during the day for more than a day or 2 - can hurt you long term. If you don't provide enough proteins- calories, the body will consume it's own muscles. The older you are- the easier it is too lose muscles, and more difficult to build it back up. (Due to age related changes in hormones)

Edited to add:

I am under my personal goal plus I have adrenal insufficiency and relatively low body fat%. So even though I was tempted to do the AMAW (I have allergies to dairy) i know I should not put my body under more stress that it already is.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views