Would love some opinions on my weight please

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/6/17 2:32 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I have no opinions on your weight for several reasons.

First, I am 5'5" -- so I have no idea about being tall! (I am a bit jealous, though!) -- and I also have no idea what you look like. I am constantly amazed at the range of sizes, shapes and appearances that weights can have by body type and height.

BUT, the biggest reason I have no opinion is because it's your body and I trust that you know what is best for you and where you feel most comfortable.

There are plenty of people who weigh more or less than me, are taller or shorter than me -- and frankly, I live by the assumption that the person who is in the body knows more about themselves than I do.

I say if you are healthy and feel comfortable at a weight -- then I trust you to know what is best for you. Everyone else can STFU. :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Susie2756
on 6/6/17 3:39 pm

May I like your post twice ???? I couldn't have said that any differently!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/17 3:00 pm
RNY on 09/22/16

Thanks all for the replies. I promise you guys I wasn't trying to act like "oh look at me am I too skinny"? I just truthfully needed a reality check because I get a lot of feedback from well meaning family friends and -let me add- HEALTHCARE - as I work with docs and nurses.

I really want that cushion to make sure if I do (and yes I know I probably will) gain some back it still keeps me in a comfortable range. I work and see daily so many that just aren't able to accomplish this. It really scares me.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom, and most importantly, truth!

hugs to all

On with the protein and down with the carbs!!!

Ceci

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/6/17 4:12 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Your post didn't come off like bragging in any way at all.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

White Dove
on 6/6/17 3:20 pm - Warren, OH

There are some websites where people post pictures of themselves at different heights and weights. One is mybodygallery, but there are others. It is so interesting how two people of same height and weight can look so different.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cosmos2112
on 6/6/17 5:41 pm

I'm 5'7". My goal is 140. I'm 15# away. I can wear a juniors size 11 jeans. Why? They are cut more narrow than misses I guess. I never had much of a rear even when fat. My legs are thin. All my weight was in my stomach. I have a size 10 capris. It all depends on the maker. But, need a size large top as I'm broad shouldered. Always have been. Was able to buy a size M men's tshirt. Go Cavs! Go Pens!

The girls have shrunk. Still between a 36C and 38C bra. Ok TMI. I will need plastic surgery.

My mom said at my current weight I'm too thin as well as many at work. All my life mom told me to lose weight, and now she thinks I'm too thin. Oh vegh!

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

LynnAlex
on 6/7/17 12:51 am
RNY on 08/04/15

When I had my dexascan, I was told that a woman needs 13% body fat for brain and organ function. It was dangerous to get below that number. I am sitting at 19%, so I can loose some more weight if I decide to have plastics. At my age, the bragging rights of saying I weigh in the 120's would cost me about 50,000 of plastic surgery. If I keep more weight on, I just have jigglly arms, etc. Not pleasant to look at but not an eye sore. The thinner I get, the older I look. I don't want to lose more weight until I decide if I want to spend the money. I do want to keep working on eating healthy and eliminating bad habits that are not causing me to gain weight this early after surgery. I am prepping for year 3 when malabsorption is gone so I am still trying to learn new habits.

I remember weighing 140 in grade school, so for me saying I weigh 140 brings bad memories even though that may be an okay weight for me as an adult.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

NANNY13
on 6/16/17 1:52 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

What does your surgeon say? Mine says I am fine at 20% body fat. I am considering going lower because Iam freaked out about a possible regain and I love all my clothes. I think 19% is safe. What do you think??

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics