I want to hear some of the pure daily pleasures of your transformations!

minaque2
on 6/20/17 6:21 am

whether it be fitting in a chair you couldn't or climbing a hill without stopping to catch your breath. I want to hear all about it:-)

Healthygoing4ward
on 6/20/17 6:33 am
RNY on 05/04/17

I experienced a nice NSV the other day. I went to watch my niece in a dance recital which was in a performing arts theatre. When i sat down I was so pleasantly surprised to see that I did not touch the arms on either side of me. There was space between me & the sides of the seat & I was more comfortable than I've been for a very long time in those kinds of seats. I didn't feel like I was encroaching on someone else's space. It felt so good - gave me validation that I am getting smaller as when I look in the mirror, I often still see me at a higher weight. It was a great night :) Down 30 lbs since surgery & 118 overall. Also, yesterday I bought a pair of size 18 pants & a Large T-Shirt at Old Navy - Yay!!

HW 350; SW- 262.3 CW- 182.8

Wt Loss M1- 22; M2 - 13.2

Maxthecat
on 6/20/17 7:10 am
RNY on 05/02/17

I got checked out today by an attractive man! It's the first in a while. I felt pretty good because I am up .75 lbs and was bumming. I know it's ridiculous to bum over that little. I need a scale break. But this was a nice pick me up.

Also last week I got a pedicure and the chair didn't creak when I climbed in!

HW: 287 SW: 266 CW: 149.2

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/20/17 7:14 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I had no idea how much easier life is/was for typical-weighted people (thin privilege). I was so used to being super morbidly obese, that I didn't recognize how much more motivation, energy and stamina it took to do just the normal routine things in life.

Some examples are that I can walk seemingly forever now without getting tired or my feet hurting. I can ride my bike with my son without hurting, becoming out of breath or losing my balance. I don't look for the absolute closest parking spot -- because I won't be out of breath trotting across the lot. It's not a big deal carrying baskets of clothes up and down flights of stairs -- and I can skip stairs and actually run up them. Yard work, cleaning the pool, tidying up the house -- all still suck -- but they don't take all my fortitude to muster up the energy to do. When I am done, I will still have boundless energy to do other things -- fun things -- and not need to sit on the couch for the rest of the day recovering.

When I get sick, I can go to the doctor and not have my cold, sore throat, headache, etc immediately blamed on my BMI. I never have friends or family approach me with the "I am just worried about your health" routine. If I should get injured, and have to use a wheelchair or motorized cart, I will elicit sympathy and not destain for being obese and "what's wrong with America."

I can go to a grocery store and buy any food I want without anyone judging me for what is in my cart. I can go stand in line at a crowded ice cream shop with my family, and not worry that people are commenting that "the last thing she needs is a sundae." I can pick up pizzas for a party and not worry that people conclude they are all for me. Servers don't automatically decide I want diet soda.

I can go to any theater and sit next to any person -- and fit in the seat with room to spare. Additionally, I don't worry that I am invading the space of the patron next to me. I can use arm rests rather than cursing them as hip smashing torture devices. I can fly on a plane and not see glaring eyes revealing silent prayers that I am not their seat mate when I walk down the aisle. I don't have to sheepishly ask the flight attendant for an extension while hoping no one else has heard me. I can use the tray table and not have it rest on my stomach. When I need to use the restroom, I can walk down the plane without my hip****ting people in the aisle seats.

I can be seated anywhere in a restaurant without worrying that the booth is too narrow or the chair too close to the table next to me. I can go to picnics and not dread the plastic resin chairs or worry that I will sweat so much that my clothes stick to my back. I can squeeze through crowded places. I don't have to plan my path by whether I can fit or not.

On vacations, I can go to an amusement park with my little boy, and never worry that I will have to take the "walk of shame" because the ride cannot accommodate me. I can decide not to do things such as parasailing, zip lines, helicopter tours and horseback riding on vacation because I actually don't desire to -- rather than being unable to since I am over the weight limit. I can carry a small overnighter bag because my clothes hardly take up any room. What's more, if I forget something, I can walk into any store and buy something cute and fashionable for a reasonable price that fits me.

There are so many more things, but here are just a few.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/20/17 8:38 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

This actually made me tear up. Yes, all of this. I forget sometimes how many little things have changed. I forget how people treat me differently now. Thank you for sharing.

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

supershopper
on 6/20/17 8:49 am

The eating of food in public without shame is a HUGE thing for me. I was telling my DH about this. Usually I would be looked at like, oh that fat girl is eating ice cream. Now - nothing.... it is an amazing feeling

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

slightlyrocky
on 6/20/17 9:04 am - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

Very well said!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/20/17 10:06 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow Kat!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

OrangeBlossom17
on 6/21/17 3:50 am

Thank you for this post. I am pre-op and all of the things you "can do" made me cry as I still suffer the embarrassment and limitations of obesity. Next year I will be ticking off the "can do"

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/21/17 6:22 am
RNY on 12/31/13

You are so worth it.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views