What's on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 6/22/17 3:19 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi everyone, how is everyone today? I still have my headache and my dog is still throwing up! UGH! I am going into work but will leave early if I have to. And this means a trip to the vet this weekend to figure out what is going on with my dog.

Accountability: well I am not feeling well so it was easy to not eat off plan, I only ate one meal and one snack yesterday and hardly drank so I have to be better today about my liquids. But what is frustrating is that I am only not snacking or eating off plan because I don't feel well, otherwise I am sure I Would be writing a different post.

QOTD: My husband and I had this odd conversation last night about what our fav dessert is. Weird I know. I think you all know that sweet sugar icing birthday cake is my fav dessert of all time. But since surgery I can't go down that road as it will create food cravings that will be so bad and for me if I have one slice then I will try and finish the cake. So I just don't. Sweets are my major downfall, was pre surgery and still is a problem for me. Tell me what is the food you try or do avoid as you know its a food that will be a slippery slope for you? For me its hands down sweets/sugar/birthday cake, that is my slippery slope.

3.7 yrs post op RNY - maintenance food

B: lots of decaf with 2 vanilla PP

L: 3.5 oz of tandoori chicken + hot sauce (never ate it yesterday)

S: 1oz of pepperjack cheese cubes

D: turkey & swiss cheese roll ups + honey mustard (3 slices of each)

S: skry yogurt + fresh raspberries + bran buds

TOTALS: 910 calories, 117 protein, 35 carbs

V: patches are on (multi, iron, B12, VitD & Calcium)

L: 24oz done so far, 120oz a day is my usual

E: will see how I feel but might go for a run after work if its not raining & take the dogs for a walk

Have a great day everyone, be fabulous

PHOTO FRIDAY theme: post your fav pic of what you did last summer tomorrow!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ginnny
on 6/22/17 3:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op RNY 14+ mos

Good morning, how are my Bariatric Buddies today? Well me, I have been having some knee pain , had to cut my treadmill short yesterday morning and didn't go for my normal walk at lunch. Drove me crazy. I did take the doggies for a good walk last night and suffered for it on the way back. Tried a different pair of shoes but they aren't the best quality. My "normal" shoes are about 3 years old, so probably not only dead, they're likely too big - since I was 100lbs heavier when I bought them. I did still get over 16,000 steps so still pretty good for "taking it easy". Will be trying to give the knee a break (for real) and will go out shopping (UGH) for a new pair of runners. So because I can't not go to the gym I'm going to go swimming today and get my cardio that way. I will see about a walk at lunch cause I'm anal about my daily step count, who is this girl?

Accountability: Yesterday I had the most wonderful piece of Strawberry Lasagna that a co-worker made. It was so yummy, and I could "Justify" most all of the ingredients. It was so good I went out at lunch to get the ingredients to make it for my hubby! He's a dessert hound.

QOTD: I can't think of anything that would really make me binge I'm pretty good at having one piece or bite or whatever. Well maybe wine....that needs to be avoided because its never just one glass (or never used to be anyway).

On to the good stuff:

B - 2 egg omelet with 1 oz tex mex cheddar

S - yogurt and blueberries

L - 3.85 oz chicken with cucumber/tomato/feta salad with 2 tbsp. Mediterranean greek dressing

S - deli turkey slices with herb/garlic cheddar

D - chicken stir fry (mostly chicken for me, a few of the veg)

Total Cal 941, Carbs 55, protein 101

Have a great day, I gotta get moving.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Daisydoo02
on 6/22/17 3:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Ginny what an awesome menu! YUM!

Sorry to hear about your knee pain. I have right knee pain when I run too, its like clockwork when I hit 5km the pain is intense. I had an xray two weeks ago and am waiting the results. I personally think its actually my hip flexors, as much as I run/hike I don't have a strong core and hips so I recently started doing some muscle pump classes to strengthen my core and hips to see it if helps and it is so far. Don't let it go to long. I like you love to run and take the dogs out for a walk and get my step count daily so I feel ya on getting sidelined by an injury! Get that looked after girl!

Keep up the awesome work so proud of you and all this exercise and awesome menus!

Emiepie
on 6/22/17 6:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope your knee feels better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

cc583
on 6/22/17 6:42 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I hope your knee feels better! I suffer from extreme knee pain too! I have a fracture in one knee and severe build up of arthritis in the other knee.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

catwoman7
on 6/22/17 8:53 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I have a broken ankle on one leg and a hip injury (from a few years ago - never really bounced back) on the other. When I asked about cardio, my physical therapist recommended anything in a pool, bicycle, stationary bike, and recumbent stair stepper (one brand of the latter is "NuStep" - but there are other companies that make them). He said to avoid anything that's high impact. Not sure if this would translate to your situation, but I thought I'd let you know just in case it does....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ginnny
on 6/22/17 9:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I've never heard of a recumbent stair stepper. I'm going to check that out tanks!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

catwoman7
on 6/22/17 9:40 am
RNY on 06/03/15

This site calls it a "recumbent cross trainer". My physical therapist called it a recumbent stair stepper - but it appears to be the same thing. Here's a link with pictures. I like them a lot better than stationary bikes, although I try to do both since some of the muscles they exercise are different:

http://www.nustep.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIptGT8fHR1AIVk4NpCh36-w4JEAAYASAAEgKvB_D_BwE

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 6/22/17 3:43 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

Another hot day here in MD. I won't try to do an outdoor walk today, but I do have pool time scheduled for after work.

Yesterday I did 2 indoor walks and also went to the pool for a 45 minute workout. With summer here, I may have to rethink some of my walks with the heat and humidity. That is disappointing because I enjoy getting out, but I don't want to get overheated.

QOTD: I really miss eating Cheetos. I haven't had any because I know that once I start, it's all over.

Breakfast: Hard boiled egg, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Snack: Ice Tea protein shake

Lunch: chicken broccoli, no rice

Snack: turkey bacon

Dinner: TJ's Vera Cruz swai

Exercise: short indoor walk, deep water aerobics

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Daisydoo02
on 6/22/17 3:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

mmmm cheetos! I hear ya on those!

And yes on the heat/humidity its hard to exercise, I take my dogs out at 8:30 or 9pm to try and avoid most of the heat and its still light out but it is hard now that summer is here but you are doing awesome!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics