96 days to ONEDERALND and the pizza of my dreams

ScottAndrews
on 6/26/17 11:04 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Well I'm just about 100 days in to this journey but on Saturday I checked my weight and I got a 199 on my digital scale (which I don't really trust to be totally accurate) If I got on it 5 minutes later it probably would have read 203 but I quickly put it back in the closet and I'll leave it there until my 4 month anniversary. Regardless I just need to keep on the straight & narrow path and if I do that I'll never see a 200+ weight again. It does feel good to be on the right side of 200 for the first time in many years.

Anyway I figured I'd celebrate Saturday with some bad boy food so I took a nice long walk down to Joe's Pizza on 14th street. It's not my favorite pizza in NYC but for just a regular slice it's definitely up there. My mouth watered as I sat down with it but after a few small bites I realized it just wan't the same. I actually spit out my last bite and tossed most of the slice in the garbage. It was almost like I was tasting the individual components of the pizza instead of 1 delicious gob of carby/fatty/saucy goodness. Now I'm sure i'll try pizza again and I'm sure I'll even enjoy it. But I also know that things will unlikely ever be the same. It's like when one spouse is unfaithful. The marriage may survive but there's damage that can never be undone. Sorry pizza. We had a good run together.

ScaleSkater
on 6/26/17 11:15 am

One question? Was pizza a trigger food for you before surgery?

I ask because it was (and likely still is) for me. There are 6 foods I may never safely eat again and maintain control. For me when I cross that line, I know my addictive side has kicked in and wants me to start down my path of regain. For me I likely can never eat a straight pizza on crust again. If I go down the path I will try the carbless crust version because it's the flour that is my addiction, not cheese and tomatoes.

I went there because of your description of the walk to your less than favorite place, while your mouth was watering. I'm just learning for myself that there are some foods I can't safely consume in this new world I've created.

Again - just a question.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

ScottAndrews
on 6/26/17 11:31 am
RNY on 03/20/17

I don't know if it was a trigger food but it was something I definitely enjoyed far too much of. I'd eat it even if i wasn't necessarily hungry or I'd eat it as a "snack"

Beat in mind that there are studies that say that simple/ fast digesting carbs can stimulate the pleasure centers in your brain. That's basically saying they're physically addictive.

peachpie
on 6/26/17 11:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

While I get choosing to wait to Indulge in something-- I'd encourage you to not make your 'rewards' foods related. My ideas of deeds deserving of rewards expanded exponentially when I was SMO. No traffic heading home?? You get to eat stop for ice cream. Lost 2#, go ahead Peach- have a piece of cake. Anything was a reason for a treat.

Learning to reward myself in non-food related ways was hard.

IMO- Next time you crave pizza- make a choice to plan it in your day and eat it. Don't link it to your weight, effort at weight control at all.

Just my two cents.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

ScottAndrews
on 6/26/17 12:03 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I get that. It's definitely not a good idea to reward myself with food. Then again I do think it's somewhat responsible to think of a slice of pizza as a special treat and not a regular source of nutrition.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 6/26/17 12:32 pm - Burleson, TX

I feel this sudden urge to shake my Mommy finger, and say:

Now, Scott...What did you learn, from this experience ???

But...I won't

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

ScottAndrews
on 6/26/17 12:42 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

Sorry mom. I'm a bad boy.

slightlyrocky
on 6/26/17 12:36 pm - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

After tasting that nasty Real Good Foods "pizza" I may never want another slice in my life! I still have 11 of them in my fridge! Certainly tasted NOTHING like was advertised!

ScottAndrews
on 6/26/17 12:45 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

Is that the "chicken crust" pizza?

If so, yikes!

slightlyrocky
on 6/26/17 12:59 pm - Titusville, FL
RNY on 05/02/17

Yes, I guess you didn't receive my reply last week. The pizza's were about the size of the palm of my hand. I followed eggface's recommendations for cooking them - nuke for 1 min, I put it in the toaster oven to brown the top for a couple minutes then put it in a non-stick pan. The sauce was awful and the crust was even worse. Never got crispy. Of this mini pizza a serving was 2 miniscule (2 inch.) slices. I ate the 2 slices and gave the rest to the dogs. I wasted my money for sure! I think I am going to scrape the toppings and sauce off of them and throw them in the freezer. Maybe I can think of something to do with them. I took a couple pics if you want to see them. If you do pm me your email as I don't want to add them to my photos on here. Roxanne

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?