Advice Needed ASAP.

Cosmos2112
on 7/6/17 2:30 pm

Yesterday, my BF and I went to Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch. I had shrimp spring rolls (2) and small salad. It really tasted awful to me, manager took it off my bill. Contained two skimpy slivers of shrimp, veggies in the roll, not fried. Peanut dipping sauce. Plain salad had some sort of balsamic dressing with two slices of tomato. Dressing tasted awful. These items were from their skinny menu.

Then, for dinner (about 7pm) BF made stir fry scallops with veggies. About 2-3 hours after dinner, my tummy violently erupted. I just made it to the toilet. Not vomiting, just the other end. Sorry, TMI. I was pretty sick all last night. Horrible pain and diarrhea. It's like I could feel the food move through my intestines. I've never had that feeling. Still feel not so great today, but improving.

For breakfast I had a Premier shake, lunch a Quest bar. I had green tea and coffee as well. Still a bit gassy, even with lactaid tablet. I have no idea what I can or should eat for dinner.

Could this be dumping or food poisoning? He is not ill at all. His lunch was chicken and rice and he ate the same dinner.

I'll call my doctor if I'm not better by tomorrow. I'm not home, I'm at his home in PIT.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

Grim_Traveller
on 7/6/17 2:46 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Positively not dumping, at all. It could be food poisoning, or it could just be something that disagreed with you.

Stick to shakes for a couple of days, then limit yourself to known foods you will tolerate. Be extra careful about quantities.

I wouldn't worry about this. These little bumps happen early out.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

stacyrg
on 7/6/17 2:57 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I agree with Grim. Absolutely, positively not dumping.

Cosmos2112
on 7/6/17 3:05 pm

Thanks GT. I though about having soft boiled eggs as those are safe. All I have is Premier RTD shakes. I feel I need something more substantial. I'll take it easy. I'll push fluids. Have been drinking Propel water that has electrolytes. I still feel rumbles.

ScottAndrews
on 7/6/17 3:28 pm, edited 7/6/17 8:28 am
RNY on 03/20/17

If it's food poisoning even foods like eggs and protein shakes can be rough on the system at least in my experience.

One other thing...since the surgery my tolerance for fake, processed, crappy junk food is at an all-time low. The skinny menu at Cheesecake Factory sounds like just that.

I used to love the broccoli cheddar soup at Panera but now it just tastes fake. Same thing with Popeyes chicken.

Eggface
on 7/7/17 7:35 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Shrimp was probably off... I'd guess.

Yuk... well LOL the only positive thing about FP is usually I lost weight haha. Hope you are feeling better today.

Hydrate!! Push fluids big time. Maybe beef up your shake... whenever I am sick (post flu or whatever) and not quite ready for food yet... I start with thicker shakes to sort of prime my pouch again... add a spoon of cottage cheese or Greek yogurt, or I've even done a spoon of almond meal (just coffee grind some almonds) or a hunk of protein bar in the blender... makes it food-ish and a little more filling... a day of that and I'm usually ready for real food again.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Cosmos2112
on 7/7/17 8:06 am

I'm much better now. Pushed fluids yesterday. I'll be home Sunday, hoping I lost something. I fit into size medium LLBean tops, a wonder! Size 8 pants. I'm thrilled.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 7/7/17 7:13 pm - Belleville, IL

I had RNY back in 2010...In 2011 I had my gallbladder removed. I have noticed my pouch is like a 2 yr old toddler...Somedays it can eat well and other days it wants nearly NOTHING. On those days it is queasy and wants not a lot I mostly DRINK thinks or use ensure or sugar free popsicles.

I usually stay away from restaurants because they use A LOT of salt or other spices that may upset you stomach. As one person said, you might have gotten Food Poisoning. Eat cottage cheese, greek yogurt and liquids for about 3 days to rest your tummy. Good luck!

Warmly,

Jackie

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?