Hit my dr goal and now going for the tummy tuck!!

kim_pei
on 7/6/17 10:18 pm - Canada

I can't believe this 2 year journey has flown by so fast. I weight 175. ( from 337) at 2 years out. And am scheduled for a tummy tuck on the 27th. I will be so happy when I am all through! Anyone considering this operation I would highly recommend it... Dr Beausoleil in NB is fantastic. It gave me 25 yrs of my life back I have never felt so good.

Kim

Au_Contraire
on 7/7/17 12:36 am

Congratulations on your transformation! May your upcoming TT go smoothly, and heal quickly and beautifully!

karenp8
on 7/7/17 5:42 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on your success. Praying for a good recovery from your upcoming surgery. Jealous of your plastics as being on a fixed income it will likely never happen for me. Keep us posted my dear.

White Dove
on 7/7/17 7:01 am - Warren, OH

You did not ask for advise, but I am going to give you some just in case. Here are the things that helped me with my tummy tuck.

I wore very loose shirts that buttoned up the front because it was hard to put something over my head for the first weeks. I chose men's shirts with a pocket in front and found that was a good place to put my drain.

I used big safety pins to pin the drain to the shirt.

I did not exercise, I just pretty much stayed in the recliner and had my husband bring me food and water. I got up to use the bathroom and to take a shower. I used a walker because I was hunched over for a week.

I had a chair in the shower. I wore my binder all of the time and only took it off to shower.

After one week, I went to the store and walked for an hour. My drainage was really bad after that and I had to keep the drains for two more weeks. It only stopped when I completely stopped trying to exercise.

I had pads that I put under me to catch any blood or fluid that might leak during sleep. I had no appetite and lost 14 pounds during the six weeks of recovery.

After the drains were out in week three, I could exercise and do anything as usual.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kim_pei
on 7/7/17 10:15 am - Canada

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the info. I will be sure to listen to it all...your a doll. Are you happy with it?

White Dove
on 7/7/17 5:30 pm - Warren, OH

I am so glad I did it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/17 11:38 am
RNY on 04/18/17

Wow! Thanks for those tips. That gives a good idea of what recovery is like. I've heard it is rough.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/17 9:32 am
RNY on 09/22/16

So jealous and so happy for you! Please keep us posted on how it goes. I hope to get plastic surgery once I get my RNY paid off. That will be a while, darn thing was expensive.

Good luck with the surgery :)

Ceci

oneatatime
on 7/8/17 10:23 am
RNY on 09/01/17

Congratulations and wishing you all the best with your upcoming TT!!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Deanna798
on 7/8/17 1:30 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I just had mine on 6/20, and let me tell you, it's a ride. 2.5 weeks post op and back to work. I came home from work yesterday and literally passed out asleep for 2 hours from exhaustion.

Take as much time off to rest as you are able to. I was not eligible for FMLA, because I haven't been with my company long enough, so I took the minimum time my surgeon would allow. But I wish I had taken another week or two off to heal up.

Best of luck and make sure to update us as you go.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics