What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Insert Fitness
on 7/23/17 4:32 am

morning weekenders!

I loved reading everyone's responses yesterday! So many good ideas there.

i spent most of the day running errands, and making a birthday cake for the hubs. We're about to hit the road for the farm. Can't wait! I tried buying new clothes, but I'm between sizes again, and couldn't commit to much, other than a new top.

Tried on a bunch of swim suits. That was not a successful exercise...

qotd: going to do some meal prep when we get back. Let's talk chicken! What's your favorite way to cook or prepare it?

mine probably spatch****ed and grilled on the BBQ, with spices like smoked paprika!

I also like it in a quick red curry curry sauce with a bit of cauli rice!

accountability: good. Protein forward as usual

menu:

B: premiere protein and an iced decaf americano when we get on the road.

L: I think we're doing blts. Something quick as I know there's a mountain of weeding in the garden!

D: tbd on when we get back, and how meal prep goes!

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 7/23/17 5:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Insert Fitness and Menu Family!

QOTD: I am SO lazy. I buy bags of pre-cooked, grilled chicken breast already cut into strips or cubes so that I can just microwave some and eat it. I rarely cook chicken myself.

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 73, Calories - 955, Carbs - 101.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, avocado, low cal dressing

D: Birdseye Voila chicken stir fry

S: light & fit Greek yogurt

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

Writergurl08
on 7/23/17 7:53 am
RNY on 02/15/18
karenp8
on 7/23/17 5:27 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu Friends. Lily and I walked our 3.5 miles today in a light rain. She was antsy and ready to go and I decided getting a bit damp sounded better that the treadmill (or as I prefer to call it the dread mill. Accountability good with no extra snacking--too busy and then too tired. Cleaned and painted all day yesterday at the parsonage and spent most of the afternoon hauling trash and old cans of paint and empty boxes of dryer sheets up from the basement. Will probably be working up there some today along with church and a meeting for church at 1. QOTD I usually season chicken with Italian dressing and then bake. Post op 4 years 10.75 months and weight at 118 today. Here's the food food for maintenance today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese 1/2 c coleslaw D pouch of tuna with bit of relish and mayo 1/2 c green beans S sm apple 1 T peanut butter. Have a great day everyone and make some smart and conscious choices that move you one step closer to your goals! Enjoy your day.

Queen JB
on 7/23/17 5:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning everyone, Happy Sunday. I hope everyone has a nice relaxing day planned...

QOTD: I had a serious intolerance to chicken for 8 years with the lapband, so the only way I could have it was in the CrockPot, and even then it was a crap shoot. I still like those CrockPot recipes (now made in the Instant Pot) like Crack Chicken and Salsa Chicken are my favorites. I often also buy the precooked chicken, already cubed, from Trader Joe's, to throw on top of salads or in my lunches. It is nice and juicy. I also like to throw Everything Bagel Spice on top of it!

Accountability: I didn't have a plan for dinner, but we ended up getting Chinese. Leftovers for breakfast! The scale is still moving in the right direction :)

B: Chai Protein Coffee & Chinese Chicken Fingers

S: 2 Babybel Cheese

L: 2 Chicken Skewers

D: Not sure...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/23/17 5:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. It is cloudy and much cooler here today. I turned off the AC and opened the windows and doors. The fresh air is so much nicer than AC!

QOTD: I marinate chicken breasts sliced in half to make them thinner in lite Italian dressing with Dijon mustard mixed in. The longer they are marinated the better - then just grill on the BBQ. We usually eat them alone the first night, then slice them up and put on salads for subsequent meals.

Note on accountability: I've been thinking about this (and stopped adding it) after there was a conversation a week or so ago. I often swap out foods that I had planned on and sometimes go over my calories (and feel guilty about it, but adjust for it). I feel that posting daily keeps me accountable so I'm going to continue not making entries about it. That's just me though. I think that we all need to include what we need to keep on track!

16 months post-op, in maintenance.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: 1/2 burger (leftover) or ahi tuna (also leftover)

S: yogurt, protein chips (I forgot I had these from Quest - they are pretty good for a crunchy filling snack)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 7/23/17 4:27 pm - Brighton, IL

I frequently change my dinner meal based on what hubby and son prefer for that night. The only things I mention under accountability is if I extra snacks on top of what I had planned. That's me though.

peachpie
on 7/23/17 6:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning RNY'ers!! We are on our way to our vacation destinations. If our travels go as planned we'll be in the beach by 5. R&R here I come!

Accountability: did fine yesterday. Next few days will be filled with unknowns- I'll do my best.

Qotd: I have some go to chicken meals: chicken & broccoli alfredo, baked chicken Parmesan, stewed chicken, curry chicken, roast chicken & chicken with mushrooms.

193 today, 26 months post op

m1: 1/2c. Oatmeal, 1c milk, berries & 2 boiled eggs

m2-4: I have a yogurt. cheese sticks, deli turkey, protein bar/shakes, cashews to pick from.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Doxie-mom
on 7/23/17 7:09 am
RNY on 03/13/17

Good morning menu friends - quick post before heading to bed. One more night to go.

My scale is once again ticking me off. I haven't lost anything since July 17th. In fact I have gained and lost the same 1 - 2 pounds several times, but have never even seen 220.6 since the 17th. So aggravating, I know it will move in its own time, but it's been almost a week.

QOTD: I haven't been very imaginative with my cooking since surgery. I just season my chicken with garlic salt and garlic pepper, and bake it in the oven.

Accountability: I ended up not eating my planned chicken, and had an iced decaf coffee mixed with cappuccino when I got home this morning. New totals planned / actual :

Calories - 709 / 625, Protein - 110 / 81, Carbs - 33 / 46

Today's menu:

B1 - iced coffee, 1/3 Protein Shake

B2 - 3.5 oz. Shrimp w/ ****tail sauce

L - 3.5 oz. Pork loin, Baby Bella mushrooms, laughing cow cheese wedge

D - canned Buffalo chicken breast, 1 mini cucumber, laughing cow cheese wedge

S - 3.5 oz. Shrimp w/ ****tail sauce

S2 - Spinach, grape tomatoes, mini cucumber

Calories - 632, Protein - 92, Carbs - 31

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

cc583
on 7/23/17 10:37 am, edited 7/23/17 3:38 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hang in there Doxie. Keep doing what you're doing and it will move! You have a great attitude! I'm going through the same thing! Frustrating! We WILL do it! :))

Edited for typo.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views