The fat person inside me...

teresafr
on 7/24/17 10:00 pm
RNY on 08/14/17

Who here has a nick name for that "pesky fat you" inner voice? I find myself referring to my inner fat person in the 3rd person and I just saw a couple of others had actually named theirs so I decided to do so also!

'TUBBY TERRI' will no longer undermine my weight loss! LOL

selhard
on 7/24/17 11:59 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I vote you change your inner voice to: "Terrific Terri" will no longer undermine her weight loss!

teresafr
on 7/25/17 1:49 pm
RNY on 08/14/17

I don't get it? (Not surprising ....I frequently have to have jokes explained to me). Why would I name that annoying voice that tells me to have ice cream at 3am "terrific terri"?

selhard
on 7/25/17 8:07 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...inner voice, outer voice--- it's all YOU. YOU are terrific for choosing to fight the disease of obesity with one of the greatest tools the medical world has to offer. YOU are terrific to choose to come on support websites to discuss what most of us deal with from time-to-time, as well. I was voting for you to build yourself up by not putting yourself down with words like "tubby" that likely can generate more inner-pain than inner-strength.

teresafr
on 7/25/17 11:03 pm
RNY on 08/14/17

ohhhhhh...Thanks! I get it now! Imagine what its like for my hubby and my daughter. They often laugh at me for not getting the simplest of jokes! LOL

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/26/17 5:45 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Ditto on the terrific Terry. Self love is always better than self hate whether it be an inner or outer voice.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Writergurl08
on 7/25/17 8:55 am
RNY on 02/15/18

I haven't named her, specifically, but I catch myself saying,"Fat Cassie (my real life name) wants pizza." When my husband asks what we're having for dinner. I haven't had surgery yet, so sometimes Fat Cassie is still getting her way. But Healthy Cassie is winning out more often than not these days :)

RNY_elizabeth
on 7/25/17 10:19 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I named my inner critic "Brad" because she would hate that name.

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

teresafr
on 7/25/17 1:50 pm
RNY on 08/14/17

I REALLY like this answer! Just the type of answer I was looking for to make my day!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/25/17 11:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Hmm. I am conflicted with this -- because I refuse to call myself names. I like who am -- and I love myself -- and just because I was fat, doesn't mean I didn't deserve to be treated with respect and kindness. In fact, maybe I needed even a bit more kindness when I was obese.

If someone else called me Fat Kat or Tubby Kat -- it wouldn't be ok. Why is okay to do that to myself? Frankly, "Fat Kat" was working twice as hard as "Thin Kat" -- and doing the best she could at the time she was doing it.

That said, I DO SO UNDERSTAND THAT CONFLICT with the ADDICT VOICE inside... the one that tries to convince you of eating/doing things that are against what we really want and need in the long run. I get it -- and like the old meme of the good angel/bad angels sitting on our shoulders -- I do feel like I am still in a battle with them when it comes to food at times. So I DO get what you are saying.

I don't call my fat self by a names because despite being "typical" weighted now, I am still the very same person.

I will share that I call the name-calling voice -- the one that calls me names like Fat Kat or Tubby Terri -- The Mean Girl Inside. You know her, she's that 8th grade girl that makes fun of you when you get your hair cut, or when your skirt gets caught in your underwear, or calls you Tubby Terri. She is usually popular only because people are afraid of her making fun of them -- not because anyone really likes or respects her.

I usually tell her to STFU because feeling bad about myself, in the long run, contributes more to my problems than helps me. I was valuable and amazing at 347 pounds and nothing has changed at 128 pounds.

For what it is worth, I think Working on Change Terri is pretty amazing -- I hope that mean girl is kind to her.

JMHO.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 297 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?