Onward and Downward!

Au_Contraire
on 8/17/17 5:02 pm

Today I made it into the 200s. Not as awesome as Onederland, but an accomplishment nevertheless. I am hoping that I will be 100 pounds down from my starting weight by Christmas, and crossing my fingers that by early spring I will be in the 100s. Just putting one foot in front of the other and continuing to move ahead!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/17/17 5:48 pm

Congrats! Congrats! Feels great doesn't it!?!?!

Keep following the plan and you WILL get there!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Au_Contraire
on 8/17/17 6:02 pm

Thanks! I've still got a way to go, but I'm definitely moving in the right direction!

SkinnyScientist
on 8/18/17 4:33 am

I KNOW it FEELS that way, but you will get there quickly. Don't look to far off into the distance (it can feel like a "long way" or overwhelming). Break it down into weekly goals that you CAN attain. For examples my goals for the week were: 1) Loose 2 lbs per week, 2) Exercise in ANY form for at least 1 hour a day (yoga and stretching for an hour counted. As did hikes/neighborhood walking. Exercise doesn't always have to be hard or "balls to the wall"), 3) eat protein forward and 4) no fast/high GI carbs.

When my weightloss slowed (like maybe I only lost 1.5 lbs that week. I didn't beat myself up. 1.5 lbs is better than NO loss. What I would do was look at what I ate, was I grazing?, could I do a bit more exercise or try a HARDER class?

By working on the small, but do-able goals, I achieved the LARGER scarier goal. You have your tool (your pouch). By having it and following the surgeons plan, your weight loss efforts will FINALLY start to pay off. WLS was the ONLY weight loss plan I have ever had that WORKED for me.

Best wishes to you. I will enjoy watching your continued progress!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Au_Contraire
on 8/18/17 10:50 am

Thank you for your well wishes. I have been heavy for the past 8 or so years, longer than ever before, though I do have a history of yo-yo dieting. I am grateful to be moving down the scale once again. I know that I will continue to lose as I have done this before, though without surgery, and never before from such a peak. When I married I weighed 124 pounds (at 5' 8.5"), and for a period of time worked in fashion as a model (not a plus-sized model), scrupulously maintaining through a variety of less-than-healthy methods. The positive side of this is that I have a fabulous wardrobe once I hit smaller sizes. I actually did not have surgery as much to lose weight as to give myself a tool to help me to maintain whatever losses I achieved. That being said, 8 years is a very long time to be seriously obese, and I was in fact much more stuck than I fully realized. I am grateful to be moving down the scale, and I look forward to truly looking and feeling like myself once again! Thanks for your tips.

peachpie
on 8/17/17 5:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Twoterville!! Congrats!!! Enjoy your downward spiral to Onederland!!

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 8/17/17 5:59 pm

Thank you Peachpie!

mirandaF
on 8/17/17 6:10 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

congratulations, that is awesome!! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and your success will be there waiting for you.

Au_Contraire
on 8/17/17 6:28 pm

Thanks Miranda!

Morethanready
on 8/17/17 6:11 pm, edited 8/17/17 11:12 am
RNY on 09/18/17

Woohoo! Nice work. Keep it up and you'll be feeling (and looking) GREAT for the holidays!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics