What's on your Menu today (photo friday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/18/17 3:31 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hello Menu Crew! How is everyone? I am good. Photo Friday - open topic. Who has great plans for the weekend? Busy for us. Groceries tonight, hubby is in a baseball tournament this weekend, I am going to the gym and then out to see him play a game or two then out to visit my parents with the dogs. Sunday we have a baby baptism to go to for our little cousin Sonia and a bbq after!

Accountability: On plan, hubby went to physio last night and surprised me and brought home Chinese takeout. I had some beef & broccoli & chicken chow mein. Gave my steak to the dogs for dinner.

QOTD: Finish this sentence: "If I didn't have WLS I would be..." If I didn't have WLS I would be a very unhealthy, depressed, unhappy woman. I could barely move, everything hurt, I had a lot of self hate and hated to leave the house to go to work or social events, day to day activities exhausted me and I was very depressed, I didn't feel like I was living life, just existing.

3.9 years post op RNY - maintenance food - this is what I have planned and inputted into MFP

B: tons of decaf with vanilla PP used as creamer

L: tandoori chicken skewer + hot sauce (take out from work)

S: 1.5oz steak jerky

D: 4oz of chicken chow mein (left overs)

S: 1oz of peanuts + 1 tbsp peanut butter

TOTALS: 973 calories, 102 protein, 46 protein

V: patches are on

E: grocery shopping, taking the dogs out later when it cools down, its very hot & humid here

Have an awesome weekend everyone, be fabulous

My photo Friday pics are the bees that are loving my purple Rose of Sharon bush out front. I love bees and it plant lots of flowers for them to be happy!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Librarian67
on 8/18/17 3:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

I had an exhausting day yesterday with my pickling presentation. It went well, but I was so busy that I didn't have time to eat well and I was very drained by the afternoon. I had a request to do another one and I'll really have to think about whether that is a good thing for me. Below is a picture of me and my wares.

QOTD: If I didn't have WLS I'd be...on lots of meds and less healthy. I've gotten off all of my meds for diabetes and high blood pressure in the last few months and all of my exercise has really strengthened my body, for which I am very grateful!

The scale is still moving and I've lost over 100 pounds now!

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 oz ham

Snack: Cappuccino protein shake

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausage

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: shrimp, broccoli

Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 8/18/17 5:16 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Great picture, Janet! And congratulations on losing over 100 lbs!

cc583
on 8/18/17 7:30 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pic! Congrats on the 100 lbs loss, that is awesome!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Erin T.
on 8/18/17 3:51 am
VSG on 01/17/17

If I didn't have WLS I would be thinking of my weight obsessively all the time. I'd be guilty for everything I put in my mouth. I'd be uncomfortable in my own skin. I'd be unable to bar squat 95lbs and unable to run with my kids without feeling awful. I think I could answer this question so many times over!

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee and Miralax (1 TBSP heavy cream in two cups)

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ Pecans and Blueberries

M3: Grilled Chicken breast and Avocado

M4: Pork Chop w/ Tomato Slices

This is my adorable husband holding my even more adorable nephew. We got to keep him last weekend over night!

Me the day before pre-op diet and me in D.C. last week at Georgetown cupcakes!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Kakesie
on 8/18/17 5:18 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Great pictures, Erin! Your nephew is so cute!

karenp8
on 8/18/17 5:18 am - Brighton, IL

Amazing transformation Erin! Congratulations!

cc583
on 8/18/17 7:29 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pics!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

NYMom222
on 8/18/17 8:34 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Great pics. I love the expression on your face in the cupcake place...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

SkinnyScientist
on 8/18/17 4:44 am, edited 8/17/17 9:45 pm

B1: 3 s******presso with skim milk

B2: Large Dunkin donuts coffee with 3 creamer

B3: Homemade Beef and bean chili made in the instant pot with boatloads of green pepper, onions, and celery [I got 2.5 hrs of exercise coming up]

L: Expresso/cinnamon/cocoa powder dry rubbed steak and caprese salad with garden tomatoes, pesto, and mozella cheese

D: Braised rabbit over zoodles in a caper, shallot, dijon white-wine creme de fraiche sauce.

S: Buffalo ranch stuffed celery sticks

E: 2.5 hours of zumba + abs + pilates. It is a FUN gym day today...I am not a good dancer but I love the instructor and the music she playes

QOTD: I would be stuck. I would probably be thinking my husband wasnt intimate with me cuz I was too fat. My back would still hurt despite surgery. My blood work would indicate that I am a medical nightmare of high cholestrol, high blood sugar, high triglycerides and pre-hypertensive (I know this to be true cuz that was were I was when I went into surgery). I wouldn't have known the joy of figure skating again or being on an adult synchronized skating team. I wouldnt have the accomplishment of training for half marathons and completing them. I wouldn't have the discipline of training for them either. I would not be able to go on those "easy" mountainous hikes. They are easy to me now but hard for others. I would never see the beautiful views of these hikes and these locations. I wouldn't have met the friends I have made on these walks. In short, my life would be sad and I would still feel lonely on the inside. Oh yes! I would still be throwing money away on weightloss programs that didn't work for me, or having marginal weightloss-left to feel like a FAILURE again.

Basically, WLS surgery has removed the biggest failure in my life. It is weird, once that road block was gone, OTHER life things unrelated to weight loss improved or changed. It was like a snowball that turned into an avalanche of goodness. I think some of it was the way society treated me as a fat person, but I also think that when you get confidence and results in one area of your life it gives you strength and confidence to work on the "other scary" areas.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 497 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 354 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 437 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 399 views