Just getting started!

PilotOfTheAirwaves
on 8/21/17 5:29 pm

I am just getting started on my journey! I have read many of your successes and hope to share my own with all of you! If there is any advice you can give me, I would greatly appreciate it. ANYTHING! I have been researching on my own, but there is so much information to wade through. I thought it might be more helpful to see what those who have been there had to say. I have an appointment this week with a social worker and the surgeon, and my insurance has approved the procedure! Wish me luck! I am so very excited to take back my life! Congratulations to all of you for your success!!

Au_Contraire
on 8/21/17 10:23 pm

How exciting! I spoke with my surgeon towards the end of the whole process, and very soon thereafter had a surgery date! The big thing is having insurance approval, and you're already golden in that regard! Wishing you the very best of luc****ep us posted.

FluffyChix
on 8/22/17 5:47 am

Welcome! Glad you're here. Congrats on getting approved and beginning your journey to health!

Kathy1212
on 8/22/17 6:19 am

Welcome! Congrats on getting insurance approval; yay!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Emiepie
on 8/22/17 6:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome! Good luck as you start your journey.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Rainmn
on 8/22/17 7:52 am
RNY on 08/03/17

Congratulations!

I started my journey to get approval last October and it was a lot of work. I got approval in May and had surgery August 2--Since I started my pre-op diet on July 20, I am already down 40 pounds. The amazing thing is that food is no longer what I think about--I have to consciously think 'oh, I have to eat something now' where before, if anything, I would forget that I had already eaten.

The best advice I can give you is to commit to 100% compliance with what your care team tells you: do EXACTLY what they say--measure everything, eat what they say, when they say and you will be incredibly successful. The second best advice is already taken care of: join this group and you will know you're not alone--someone here has already beem there, done that and can help you any questions you have have and offer the support you need!

LoCoMama
on 8/22/17 11:18 am

I highly recommend an in-person support group if there's one available near you. We have one that's only once a month but is great for getting information, support, resources, etc. You can hear advice from "oldtimers" and the questions from other "newbies". Great way to learn. And these forums too! Best of luck!

rudy7306
on 8/22/17 6:03 pm
RNY on 02/15/17

congrats, the next few months will be so exciting for you as you begin this journey. Remember, to take it slow, don't get worried if you stall with your weight loss. believe in the process and rembmer it is a long journey. Keep us posted.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404