What's on your menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/24/17 3:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Menu Crew how are you? I am good! Down right cool here in Toronto, Ontario Canada! WOW Its like Mother Nature just turned a switch from Summer heat to Fall cool. All day yesterday I thought it was Thursday so glad today is actually Thursday!

By the way, saw that your USA "Powerball" lottery was won in MA, so Grim & JB if you won please don't forget about your fav Canadian

Accountability: 100% on plan!

QOTD: Did you ever think that having WLS, coming to OH you would find such great support, advice, friendships and a place where people "get it" and understand what's its like to live on the other side. I had no idea OH even existed so I just figured I would have gastric bypass and be on my own. I am feeling very thankful today for OH, the friendships I have made and the advice I have been given in the past and I love being able to pay it forward and support & give advice to those who need it.

3.9 years post op RNY - maintenance food - this is what I have planned and inputted into MFP -

B: tons of decaf with chocolate PP used as creamer

L: tandoori chicken skewer + hot sauce (take out from work)

S: 1.5oz of almonds + 2 cheese sticks

D: leftover from lunch - more tandoori chicken skewer + hot sauce

S: yogurt + SF raspberry jam

TOTALS: 829 calories, 110 protein, 29 carbs

V: patches are on

E: errands tonight right after work with hubby, then take the dogs out later in the evening

Have an awesome day, be fabulous

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 8/24/17 3:28 am

Morning everyone!

looks like a sunshine day today, wish I'd booked the day off!

qotd: definitely not. I've never been an active participant in a forum before. I really appreciate that people take the time to read and contribute.

Especially those a few years out. I mean, how many times can you answer the same question about the three week stall hahaha. But it's the ability to remember what it was like when it was you the newb, and giving back that's awesome.

and I didn't expect the sense of comraderie either. As varied as our backgrounds are, having this one common denominator, I feel more connected to you all than I ever expected.

accountability: fine, changed things around a bit. Had cheese and spicy meats for dinner.

menu:

B: coffee and premier

L: salami and Brie and tomato and cucumber

D: tbd, I think it's 1$ hotdogs at the stadium, but their burgers were pretty amazing last time....

S: prob peanuts or sunflower seeds at the game.

S: leftover pork chop I forgot to eat yesterday.

have a good one!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Librarian67
on 8/24/17 3:39 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks! I didn't get out for a walk yesterday, but I hope to get out today for some outdoor adventures.

QOTD: I am very grateful for OH and you folks who are on here for all of the support!

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Snack: Lemonade protein shake

Lunch: TJ's Balsamic chicken, baby carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: hamburgers, cauliflower

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/24/17 3:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's terrific Thursday. We get one more warm day here before the temperature drop, so I think we will be visiting the beach this afternoon.

QOTD: I never envisioned anything online could provide the level of support and friendship that OH does! My WLS group included it in a list of sites to visit. I checked them all out and OH clicked. First it was the advice and support, then getting to know people and gaining connections. Really amazing (and wonderful) IMO!

17 months post-op (in maintenance). Retirement in 69 workdays (or less - changes afoot at work which may benefit my retirement plans):

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: leftover pork kabobs and peppers

S: cheese sticks and ON cake bits (OMG the Birthday Cake ones are good - I just got them yesterday - they might end up being dangerous)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Erin T.
on 8/24/17 3:54 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! I always wish I won the power ball but I never actually played, so that's kind of impossible right?

QOTD: I'm a pretty great support seeker when it comes to online communities. 10+ years ago when I was pregnant with my first daughter I sought out a forum for women who were pregnant with diabetes and I still interact with a significant number of the women from that forum. I've met several of them, and I met my BFF that way. She lives 500 miles away, but we see each other at least 3-4 times per year. I don't think I figured I'd get to make the same sorts of friendships on a forum in 2017, to be honest. Recently though, I got to meet up with NYMom22, Gwen, and DCGirl and that was pretty awesome! I am a firm believer that keeping people close who will hold you accountable is really important to success in anything you do.

My menu has changed since I posted the VSG thread. That keeps happening. I sent my aunt a message to wish her a Happy Birthday and ended up with lunch plans!

7 months post-op\Maintenance\140.0lbs this morning

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ SF Pudding and 1/4 cup blueberries

M3: I'm thinking I'll have a burger w/ cheese and mayo. We're going to a place with awesome burgers. We know our cows up here in NNY :)

M4: Grilled Salmon

E: Legs and Shoulders w/ the trainer

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Theduffman27
on 8/24/17 5:17 am
VSG on 11/19/14

We are in the same boat, I always joke " You cant win if you don't have a ticket". Our little corner of the world might have hit its quota for the quarter as someone in SL just won 5 million.

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

cc583
on 8/24/17 1:44 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I buy 1 ticket. I figure if I'm gonna win then 1 ticket will do the trick! LOL!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Meggles07
on 8/24/17 4:09 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Today I was supposed to go sit with my mom while my brother has surgery, but last night puppy 2 hurt his knee (he had surgery on it a couple months ago) so I'm going to call the vet when they open and see what I should do. I made an appointment for him to see the surgeon but we couldn't get in until tomorrow, so we might have to do something else today (our vet, emergency -- although I hope not, etc.).

QOTD: I didn't think I would be doing anything alone because my aunt had lap-band and my mom was going through the surgery process at the same time. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the community here and all the support and advice.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - yogurt, pepperette

Lunch - pork, broccoli

Snack - cheese whisps, nuts

Dinner - chicken, veg

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

Queen JB
on 8/24/17 4:33 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning all,

I have decided that I am so behind on work that I could work 24/7 and not be remotely caught up, so what does a few minutes to come on to OH in morning matter, anyway?

QOTD: Oh hell no! I mean the first time I had surgery (almost 10 years ago!) I made a few IRL acquaintances from OH--people who had the same surgeon and loved close by. I am still in touch with one person *****cently asked me about revision. But when I came back to the site after some time away I was looking for info, not friends. I am SO blessed that I found the right people at the right time, and especially for finding Grim. Who knew being formerly MO would have such a happy ending for us?

I didn't weigh in this morning and for the 3rd day in a row, haven't entered anything into MFP. But I have barely had time for real food so I am not concerned that I am off track. Hoping I can get back into a better routine next week though, because this doesn't feel good.

I threw things into my lunch bag this morning without a plan. Guessing today will be some rando combination of:

pork rinds, cheese whisps, yogurt, a chomps meat stick & LOTS of coffee :)

P.S. no PB win for us, Daze. But my best friend lives right down the street from where it was sold, so I am still holding out hope!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Theduffman27
on 8/24/17 5:18 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good people always find one another, fate, good for both of you. Life is to short, we all need to be happy!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 542 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics