What's on your menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/28/17 3:10 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Monday Protein Peeps! How is everyone? How was your weekend? Mine was awesome!

Accountability: I ate some food this weekend that I do not normally eat but it was planned and I put it in MFP. For example a homemade chocolate chip cookie at our friends BBQ Saturday night, half a Costco hot dog with the bun yesterday and some Cool Ranch Doritos last night, as it was all planned I am totally fine with it.

QOTD: Do you have a goal (personal, professional) to achieve by December 31st of this year? I want to work on my mind/body connection. At almost 4 years out I do not see a slim fit woman in the mirror. I also want to work on not comparing myself with others. I struggle with this a lot, I see people on here who are my height/weight and they eat a lot more calories/carbs that me and what I see as "off plan" foods yet they are maintaining fine. I also tend to compare myself with really skinny woman and in my head it just screams "you should be small like her!" So yes lots of "mental health" work to do by December 31st!

3.9 years post op RNY - maintenance food - this is what I have planned and inputted into MFP

B: tons of decaf with Vanilla PP used as creamer

L: tuna/peppers/balsamic

S: 1/4 cup of tamari almonds (Costco)

D: 4oz of steak + A1 sauce

S: 2 marble cheese strings

TOTALS: 1051 calories, 136 protein, 24carbs

V: patches are on

E: 60 min step class & 60 min muscle pump

Have an wonderful day, be fabulous

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Erin T.
on 8/28/17 3:22 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I just have to say, I appreciate that somehow you are more early to rise than me! That's impressive because I woke up at 4:50 this morning! I used to be a sleeper, but I think that went away with all my weight.

Accountability: Last night I ate a Power Crunch protein bar, which was on plan and in MFP. But, after I ate it I just starving all of a sudden. I ended up eating way too many strawberries and making my stomach hurt. I'm guessing the Power Crunch bars are too much like "candy" for me to eat them safely.

QOTD: I'd like to like my job. I've not been content in my current position for a long time. I've tried to change that by fixing it with my boss, without much luck. I've even tried applying for positions out of our area and also haven't had much luck. Currently, I'm in line for another position at the same University that would be a good move for me. But, I've made the decision that even if I don't get it I will be actively pursuing something else. Because I have some surgery planned at the end of January, it will probably be after that just so I don't have a new job that I'm taking leave from quickly.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\138.7lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total Classic, SF Pudding Mix, Blueberries & Sunflower Seeds

M3: Chicken Breast and Avocado

M4: Keta Salmon and Tomato

E: Upper body with my trainer, if he's feeling well enough

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/28/17 3:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Life is short and work takes up a lot of it. You deserve to have a job you enjoy!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

NYMom222
on 8/28/17 7:25 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Power Crunch go down easy and are delicious. It takes time sometimes for it to register with our brains that we've eaten, especially when its not a full meal.

You know I am timer happy... LOL. Set a timer for 10 minutes. If you are still hungry after 10 minutes eat something more in peace...

I eat too fast and will sometimes get a full feeling after 2-3 bites. Am I really full? I wait 5 minutes and re-evaluate. Sometimes it just means I need to slow down chew and let the food travel. Othertimes after 5 minutes I'm like-nope, I'm good

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

stacyrg
on 8/28/17 10:14 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I can't eat Power Crunch bars. Nothing . . . and I mean NOTHING . . . is guaranteed to cause dumping more than a Power Crunch bar. I had an early court appearance one morning and ate one in the car in the parking lot. Got to court, and my matter was late on calendar. By the time she called my case, I was DYING. Thankfully she allows parties to sit at counsel table, because i was seriously concerned I was going to pass out if I had to stand. I couldn't wait until the hearing was over and I could crawl back to my car and die in peace.

No more for me. But I agree, when I was eating them, it took a long time for my body to register the food. That's one reason I liked them . . . many protein bars land heavy in my pouch. The power crunch were good for me because they didn't.

Librarian67
on 8/28/17 3:26 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Happy Monday menu folks!

Daisy, I have to tell you that from my experience, you are amazing. I hope that you can learn to believe it and come to see yourself that way!

I had a mixed weekend. My Saturday was a meltdown, but after a good night's sleep, I made yesterday a good day. I did some telework OT yesterday and then enjoyed the rest of the day with some errands, food prep, painting and lots of journaling. I started a journal when I was prepping for surgery and it have written almost every day since. It has been helpful to the big and small changes that have happened in this journey and I encourage all the newbies to try it.

Today is my 6 month surgiversary! The scale is still going down for which I am grateful. I've lost over 100 pounds since my initial visit and 94 since surgery, and I'd like to lose another 15 or so. The biggest NSV is that I am off all of my meds for diabetes and high blood pressure and I feel great! I have worked hard and I exercise regularly. I appreciate all that my friends on OH have contributed to my journey over the last few months, too!

QOTD: I'd like to lose my last 15 pounds and continue to improve my physical condition. I do cardio every day, but I haven't worked weight training into my routine yet (other than what I get in my deep water aerobics). I'd like to improve my upper body strength as I continue to lose.

Menu:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Snack: Grape protein shake

Lunch: TJ's chicken sausage, pickled carrots

Snack: 2 oz turkey breast

Dinner: pork loin, cauliflower

Exercise: 60 minutes on the treadmill or a long walk

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/28/17 3:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You have really done an amazing job. I'm sure you will have no problem reaching your goal if you continue as you have.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 8/28/17 6:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Congrats! You are doing awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/28/17 7:20 am - Burleson, TX

IMHO, those particular NSVs are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than silly numbers, on a tempermental ***** of a box, on the floor

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

cc583
on 8/28/17 2:42 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

You are doing great, congrats!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 529 views