Needing help! - 41/2 yr out RNY and 4 mo postpartum

bhanlin90
on 8/30/17 4:02 pm

I will be 5 yrs post RNY December 3rd and have a 4 mo old as of 8/22. I seem to be struggling with the weight creeping up no matter what I try. I really have no feeling of satiety and can eat like a "normal" person. I am also dealing with postpartum depression and how my body has changed since having my daughter and clothes just not fitting the same (hormones ALL OVER the place). I feel like I am pre-op all over again and slowly losing control. I am open to suggestions on which direction to head. I am terrified to become the person I once was... please help!!!

***my surgeons office isn't open anymore and I don't have an office close to me so I would be traveling several hours to find one*

Thank you,

-Bri

Au_Contraire
on 8/30/17 10:21 pm

First, congratulations on your newest little family member! Are you nursing your baby? If so, I think your nutritional needs will be different than if you are not. Either way, I believe that you can regain control. Let us know, so we can make appropriate suggestions. Hang in there!

bhanlin90
on 8/31/17 5:39 am

I didnt have enough fat in my milk to breastfeed.. :(

Emiepie
on 8/31/17 6:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I am so sorry you are struggling. Reaching out here is a great place to start. If you aren't currently eating protein forward meals that would probably be the best place to start as far as eating goes. Please let us know how else we can help.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

minaque2
on 9/1/17 7:36 am

Please consider seeing a therapist as well. Postpartum depression is awful. You need to take care of your mind too.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views