Help! One week out from surgery..

racemomss
on 9/1/17 3:46 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I'm drowning in this liquid. I called Dr crying. My depression is out of control and anxiety through the roof and worries everywhere. I know I need to get more calories in since I'm only getting 200 on a good day. I'm weak and want to nap all day. One more week of full liquids. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a revision from sleeve to rny bypass. Never thought I would be a revision..

TheRealMeWithin
on 9/1/17 3:56 pm - Canada
RNY on 06/02/17

I napped a lot in the beginning too, its normal. Your body is using all your energy to heal. Try not to worry too much about it.
Depression and anxiety are not things I can speak to, you should definitely let your centre know about that. Maybe they can help, but at the least I'm sure that they would want to know.

I'm not positive, but I think 200 cals a day at this point is not horrible. But if it is low maybe try to drink a protein shake or 2.

Good luck, I hope that next week is better.

Surgery Jun.2/17 at TWH ----- HW 215 - SW 197.2 - GW 125 CW 124.6

Pre-Op=8.8lbs --- Optifast= 8.4 (was on it for 9 days due to cancellation)

M1 - 20.6... M2 -10.2... M3 -8.0... M4 -5.8... M5 -9.0... M6 -5.2... M7 -7.0... M8 -2.2... M9 -0.9... M10 -2.6... M11-0.6... M12-2.0

https://trendweight.com/u/6ffd55753da24d/

ScottAndrews
on 9/1/17 4:03 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

I took much comfort in soup that first week. Get some of your favorite and purée it.

Get out and walk. Fresh air, sunlight, exercise ... all good things. You're gonna get thin. Focus on how much better you're gonna look and feel.

rocky513
on 9/1/17 4:21 pm - WI

First.... Take a deep breath!

You are not going to starve or become vitamin deficient in a few days. A low calorie count is fine his early out from surgery. Don't worry about eating enough calories. As long as you have excess fat to burn for energy, you will be fine.

Your full time job is to drink fluids right now. It is very easy for newbies to become dehydrated. Dehydration will land you right back in the hospital. Drink, drink, drink. I know you are sick of it, but there really is a good reason for all the liquid. Don't worry about protein shakes right now if they don't agree with you. Just keep trying to get as much as you can. It gets better when the swelling in your stomach goes down. That first bite of soft food is just around the corner.

The weakness is normal. You just had major surgery. Anesthesia takes a lot of time to work it's way out of your system. You may feel tired for up to 6 months. Your body is rebelling from the "invasion". Naps are a good thing and necessary for healing. Don't mistake the tiredness for lack of calories. It's not. You have fat to burn for energy. You don't need the calories... you need the fluids.

Depression is normal after surgery too. If it gets too bad don't be afraid to call your surgeon. It does get better with time. Take time to breath and try not to worry.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

racemomss
on 9/1/17 6:46 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Thank you all so much! This tough but I'm trying to count down to soft foods. 6 days.. this revision has been easier pain wise the mental is tougher than ever. I have called my surgeon office and they bumped up my apt to Tuesday.

minaque2
on 9/2/17 10:28 am

I'm in tears today too. We'll get through this.

racemomss
on 9/2/17 10:50 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Feel free to message me.

Kathyjs
on 9/2/17 12:31 pm

Sugar free popsicles are allowed on full liquids. Taste good and you can chew.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 249 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics