Options

Lishamc1
on 9/26/17 6:02 pm

I need recommendations or options of foods, im 15 days post op and suppose to be on liquid/extremely soft foods, but I'm bored with yogurt, oatmeal, jello, pudding, soups. Also I have noticed certain areas where I've lost weight and my husband hasn't noticed anything. He has showed no signs of approval or excitement for me, am I just looking to fast into things?

Highest weight: 265, surgery weight: 245, surgery date: 9/11/17 RNY m1: - 26 m2: - 14 m3: -15 m4: -10 m5: -8 m6: - 4 m7: -6.5 m8: - 1.5 m9: -3 m10: - 0 m11: - 2 m12: -0

peachpie
on 9/26/17 6:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm over two years out and my husband has never acknowledged my weight loss. It's the elephant in the room. My advice, point out what you see and ask his thoughts. His reaction will guide you on if you need to build a cheering squad outside of him (what I did) or if he just needs prompting to know it's ok to talk about. (Weight/looks are taboo for so many woman.)

Can't help you on the food. Be a machine and do what's necessary to get to where you need to be. You have life to add variety.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

mirandaF
on 9/26/17 7:10 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

Might I suggest Eggface http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

This site has been wonderful for me and gives me so many ideas. As for the husband thing.. I would def. do the suggestion above. Ask him his thoughts, and if that doesn't work... make your own cheering team.

Eggface
on 9/28/17 9:54 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww thanks for the shout out!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MarinaGirl
on 9/26/17 7:28 pm
On September 27, 2017 at 1:02 AM Pacific Time, Lishamc1 wrote:

I need recommendations or options of foods, im 15 days post op and suppose to be on liquid/extremely soft foods, but I'm bored with yogurt, oatmeal, jello, pudding, soups. Also I have noticed certain areas where I've lost weight and my husband hasn't noticed anything. He has showed no signs of approval or excitement for me, am I just looking to fast into things?

Did your surgeon's office give you a meal plan? It is best to follow that plan instead of creating your own. Have you talked to them about options?

You're not very far out from surgery so it's Imperative that you're patient and follow your plan, even if you are bored already. Have you tried other activities to get your mind off food? And are you getting in more than 64 oz of fluid a day? If not, that should be your primary focus.

The first 3 months post-op can be challenging. Time to embrace the suck. You can do this but you have to be willing to try and not fall back into old habits.

Lishamc1
on 9/26/17 7:52 pm

I've been eating what is on the list, they want me to be eating moist canned tuna/chicken but I don't know what to mix it with, potatoes are getting old and same with cream soup. Which to me is not the healthiest food but I understand I need to eat something. They told me not to drink protein drinks because its hard to get off them. I get this is gonna be the hardest part but I miss salads and grilled chicken and shrimp. I love water but have not measured out how much I drink in a day. I do find it hard to make myself eat as I don't really have an appetite.

Highest weight: 265, surgery weight: 245, surgery date: 9/11/17 RNY m1: - 26 m2: - 14 m3: -15 m4: -10 m5: -8 m6: - 4 m7: -6.5 m8: - 1.5 m9: -3 m10: - 0 m11: - 2 m12: -0

ladygodiva1228
on 9/27/17 10:28 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On September 27, 2017 at 2:52 AM Pacific Time, Lishamc1 wrote:

I've been eating what is on the list, they want me to be eating moist canned tuna/chicken but I don't know what to mix it with, potatoes are getting old and same with cream soup. Which to me is not the healthiest food but I understand I need to eat something. They told me not to drink protein drinks because its hard to get off them. I get this is gonna be the hardest part but I miss salads and grilled chicken and shrimp. I love water but have not measured out how much I drink in a day. I do find it hard to make myself eat as I don't really have an appetite.

If your surgeon or nutritionist told you not to drink protein, well honestly I might want to look for someone else who understands the nutritional needs of a WLS patient. I drank protein shakes for the first couple of months and had no issues getting off them. Heck the RTD premier protein caramel is a treat for me now.

Why are you not using mayo to mix with the tuna/chicken? The potatoes, oatmeal, cream soups are truly useless when it comes to getting protein in.

If you think now is hard wait till the honeymoon ends and it gets real.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/27/17 10:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

"Don't drink protein drinks" is crap advice. Without sufficient protein (60 - 80g per day, ideally more), your health will suffer. In addition to hair loss (beyond the normal post-op telogen effluvium) and exhaustion, your body will literally start eating away at its own muscle.

Once you're eating real food, it's easy to drop the shakes because you can have lean dense protein like meat and tofu. In 4 years on the boards, I've NEVER seen anybody struggle with a protein-shake addiction.

Nobody here got fat by eating salad. We got fat by eating "salad" topped with thousands of calories of cheese, croutons, and fatty dressing, and it's not something we should ever eat again.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

cowdoc
on 9/28/17 6:08 am
RNY on 09/12/17

"I've NEVER seen anybody struggle with a protein-shake addiction."

LOL!!! I love it!!!

dorothy1110
on 9/27/17 12:53 pm
RNY on 09/06/17

tuna can be mixed with lowfat or light mayo or you can use non fat greek yogurt. Can you have shredded chicken from a crock pot yet? Ask your dietitian for options or recipes they may have some.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 462 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 378 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views