I feel great!

Cosmos2112
on 10/7/17 5:40 am

Despite what others say about me. Meaning coworkers and family. They all say I'm too thin. My doctor says I'm good. No more diabetes, high blood pressure, and now after another sleep study; no more sleep apnea. I've reached my goals. I feel great.

My BF said this is the healthiest I've ever been. We've been together since 2005.

I follow the plan. Last night we went to a Mexican place and I had fajitas. Grilled veggies with shrimp, chicken, and steak. I ate the protein first, a few forkfills of retried beans and one tiny tortilla chip. A little bit of the veggies. Took a box home of the rest of the meal.

After nine months I have this!

I tell others to stop with the negative waves. They just don't get it.

RNY 12/22/2016. HW 228. SW 224. CW 122

Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir. Lake West Medical Center, Willoughby OH

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/7/17 6:09 am

As we lose weight quickly some of us can get really thin and wrinkly. Almost sickly looking thin.

In time- some of us may experience fat redistribution, and some of our skin gets less thin looking. When I was losing weight - my face looked very thin, so my upper body. My bones where sticking everywhere. I was still app 10lbs heavier that now. I liked thinner.

You may be getting really low body fat % and that may look like your skin is transparent.

It does upset me that people think it is ok to comment on someone weight when they lose. Nobody say a word as I was getting bigger, but now they think it is ok to comment how thin i am. But now- they tell me I look great. Why? Because a y year ago I had a face lift so I no longer look "tired" and thin.

Smile, tell them "thank you for your concerns", and change a subject.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cosmos2112
on 10/7/17 7:01 am

I do that. But the sane people say this to me several times a week.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/7/17 12:57 pm

Some people mean well. To those -you may try approach- "I know you care and that's why you are saying XYZ, but when you talk about my weight, or size - it makes me very uncomfortable. Please don't do that again, ok? " And see their reaction. Then of they do it again, look at them, smile and say "remember, we talked about it? I really don't like comments like that, you need to stop". And walk away. Without listening to their explanation. If that word but teach them a lesson, then avoid them if you can.

In business situation, saying " my weight or me size is not for discussion," often makes the other people uncomfortable, and makes them remember not to say anything.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

karenp8
on 10/7/17 6:47 am - Brighton, IL

I get tired of comments about my weight too. Ive had three people in the last week tell me I look like Ive lost more weight. I weigh exactly what I have for the last 4 years. I tell them it must be what Im wearing as my weight is the same and chsnge the topic to them. It makes me wonder what people thought when I was heavy--but no that would probably just make me mad.

Cosmos2112
on 10/7/17 7:07 am

For my loose skin I wear compression T-shirt's from Adidas and Under Armour. They work great. I'm wearing a size 6 or about a 28 in jeans. I need to get refitted for a bra. On my list. I don't look like Skeletor at all, just bony. I actually like to be able to feel my bones, especially my hip bones.

I know most people mean well, they just don't understand.

Now, I need to sell my Philips Dreamstation auto CPAP machine.

Cosmos2112
on 10/7/17 7:00 am

Damn iOS updated keyboard.

Kathy1212
on 10/7/17 8:27 am

I think people have a mental image of the way we looked when we started this journey, and when they see the new version of us, the difference is so drastic compared to their mental image that we look smaller than we really are.

I'm still obese, and weigh 186, but I've lost 117 Lbs and am half the clothing size I used to be. People are already telling me to stop losing, that I'm too thin, and I'm still 11 Ibs away from being overweight instead of obese, lol. I think it's just that they get freaked out by how much we've changed from their mental picture of us.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Amy Liz
on 10/7/17 1:48 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I totally agree and further - I think its interesting that a lot of theses people are smaller and weight far less than me are telling me to stop losing and that I'm too thin/skinny. I'm still 30 pounds away from a normal BMI and I'm a size 12. I don't get it.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

MsTwinkles
on 10/9/17 8:36 am
RNY on 01/16/17

I am also frequently being told by co-workers (and my boss) that I am now "too thin" and "please don't lose any more weight".

What?!?!? I'm currently wearing a size 12 (which is an "average" size) and, according to the on-line BMI calculator, am still solidly in the "overweight" category. (I am 16 pounds heavier than a "normal" woman of my height/build).

I so badly want to tell them to butt out and mind their own business. Seriously am finding it difficult to believe that people I have known well for years think that it's okay to bring up my weight loss on a daily basis.

Of course I'm delighted by the huge increase in my energy level, that my acid reflux symptoms have disappeared and my knees no longer ache all the time.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 288 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics