AMAW/CAMAW

Teena D.
on 10/11/17 6:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Starting on October 16th! I stole Daisy's rules from a previous challenge so here you go:

Condiments are allowed: bbq sauce, ketchup, mustard, mayo, spaghetti sauce etc etc, all within reason

Drink your normal drinks as you would, coffee, tea, water with flavorings, Miralax. This challenge is just about your meals & snacks.

Two options to choose from:

All Meat All Week meat option - whenever you eat a meal or a snack you eat meat only
All Meat All Week meat & critter option - whenever you eat a meal or snack you eat "critter" (critter is: protein shakes, yogurt, cheese, eggs, fish, chicken, seafood, beef, pork and for those that use milk or cream in your coffee you fall into the Critter)
On Sunday/Monday morning, take your stats, weigh yourself, take your bust/waist/hips measurements (ONLY IF YOU WANT) for fun to see by the end of the week if there are any changes, this is your personal info, not meant to share on here (unless you want to)!!

Post our A-MAW menu's on the regular "What's on the menu today RNYers", this challenge is open to ALL OHers!

Please reply to this post what challenge you want to be in - I've added the list from previously and we will finalize by Friday.

AMAW or AMAW-C.

We will keep a tally and be handing out virtual bacon Tiaras to the king and queen!

Let's have some fun!

Your meat coordinators:

TeenaD

InsertFitness

LizJustWantsHealthForAll

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Kakesie
on 10/11/17 7:13 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Hi Teena,

Please add me to CAMAW. Thanks!

Karen

MeerKat1994
on 10/11/17 7:20 am
RNY on 05/09/17

Since I'm finally doing well eating meats, I would love to give this a go! Can you add me to CAMAW?

Slso, you say drinks are fine-does this include Protein Drinks?

Teena D.
on 10/11/17 9:42 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

If you are doing CAMAW, protein drinks are fine. :)

SkinnyScientist
on 10/11/17 8:46 am

Can we eat low starch veggies like celery and onions and spina*****ritter category?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Teena D.
on 10/11/17 9:41 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Not for this challenge unfortunately.

SkinnyScientist
on 10/11/17 11:22 am

Nonetheless, I will enjoy watching the menus come up for inspiration. Right now, still struggling with hypo and passing out. Saw the endo and she stated that I am to eat mini-meals of protein AND fiber.

Unlike the er doc (which told me to eat carbs like crackers), I am NOT gaining weight. In fact I am losing! When I went to the endo, I was 161 lbs (not good). Today I am 156 lbs. I haven't see that weight since May 2017 (after I chopped my finger off).

I am so happy to see my tool working and my endo "getting that I can't eat carbs" (cuz she was the one that told me that I would have to watch them having pcos). Her "protein + fiber" concept is working!

helferships
on 10/12/17 5:19 am
RNY on 11/14/16

? How are you getting fibre without carbs?

SkinnyScientist
on 10/13/17 6:49 am

You are correct. Fiber IS a type of carb. My endo said this to distinguish from what the ER doc said. Basically the ER doc told me to eat a small amount of crackers, pasta, aka carbs/starches bihourly.

Guess what happened? I gained weight!! (insert sarcasm).

So when I had 2 more hypo events last week (resulting in a black eye, scratched glasses, a cracked toilet tank (and water all over the floor) and various bruises, I saw my endo. I told her about the weight gain following ER visit. She said "Skinny, you got bigger problems than getting fat right now" (she is the brutally honest doctor. I like that). And she told me I will have to eat something every 2 hours. Typically just 2 oz of meat + fiber (not starches like PB crackers).

So far, it has been working. I have been bouncing between 156.8-158.0 lbs a week after visiting her. The trick is keeping the mini meals REALLY mini.

okgal50
on 10/13/17 6:26 am

How are you getting your fibre in? My nut also emphasized fibre but it's hard when it's not natural to me. Through food or supplements?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 178 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 371 views
Recent Topics