10/24/17 Surgery Date! Scared & Excited!

Rny-Oct-2017
on 10/11/17 2:01 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

A bit nervous (to say the least!) but such a long awaited time is almost here!!

New to the site too, so would love to connect with others having RNY or who have had it!:)

mirandaF
on 10/11/17 6:40 pm
RNY on 08/07/17

Congratulations, mine was August 7th so I'm just a little over 2 months post-op. Just remember to sip, sip, sip, walk all that you can. And don't push yourself to fast because it takes a long time to heal. Try not to worry too much and be prepared for your brain and hormones to be all over the place for awhile. Congrats on getting a date, you will be there before you know it and then on the other side!

Rny-Oct-2017
on 10/16/17 5:56 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Congratulations!!

Im going in for surg okittiw & am sooo scared!!! I have a huge 2.8cm x 3.5 cm gallstone that was just found so I have to have a gallbladder removal asap. Two surgeries instead of one is even scarier to me, but I'm glad I'll only be going under anesthesia once!

How are you feeling!!??? Weight coming off ok?

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/17 6:43 pm

It is okay to be nervous. It is normal. Life is going to change.

Come here for support and to give support. It does help.

Best wishes to you.

Rny-Oct-2017
on 10/16/17 5:57 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Thank you!! I def will be coming for support!!?? It's a scary time for most of us. Surg is tomorrow so I'm almost there!!?

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/17 10:45 am

I had mine on 10/17/2013. So tomorrow will be four years.

It get's easier most days.

Best wishes to you.

thegarv
on 10/14/17 9:37 pm

I'm with you on the anxiety & excitement! My date is Nov 13. I'm kind of freaking out about the idea of 2oz of anything will be a meal. My brain just can't wrap around that!!!

best of luck!

Rny-Oct-2017
on 10/16/17 5:48 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Hi! Wow that's great!!! Are you having RBY? It's a long awaited journey for sure. Yeah it's definitely scary too.

My surgery was moved to tomorrow. The preop diet is where I'm at & I'm on is day 6. Doing great. I mean, yes-some hunger, but mostly Im ok.

I requested a gallbladder removal but the Dr said they don't routinely do that. I told him I had a fam history of gallstones & he did a abd ultrasound & found a huge 3.5cm x 2.8cm gallstone!!!! (2inches!) yikes! Anyway so they said I'm going in a week early. The good news is now I'm only on the preop liquid diet a week instead of 2! Yaay! I've lost 7 pounds so far, but only after I figured out to use LOW SODIUM BROTHS!! Nothing came off til then & it all came off suddenly thereafter. Anyway I guess I was holding onto water weight but yet, the scale still dropped weight. Hey, weight lost is weight lost right!!! Anyway I'm sooo scared of going in tomorrow- I guess we all fear the worst but it's still going under deep anesthesia and risk of bleeding exists. ? ?

thegarv
on 10/16/17 6:48 am

I'm having revision from lapband to bypass. I've hand a handful of random surgeries but yes, each time I'm always a little fearful. But I can't wait to see myself in a year! It is good to know about low-sodium broths; didn't even think of the water weight.

Best of luck!! Feel free to add me to your message list and we can chat and you can give me a heads up as you are a couple of weeks ahead of me :)

Rny-Oct-2017
on 10/16/17 6:57 am
RNY on 10/17/17

Thank you that's so appreciated!??

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 273 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?