What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Teena D.
on 10/12/17 4:16 am, edited 10/12/17 6:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning RNYers! Hope everyone is excited for AMAW next week!

Today is my 9 month surgiversary and I'm down 117 lbs. Slowest weightloss month yet so I'm trying to not get discouraged. I know it's normal and means I'm getting closer to my goal.

QOTD- let?s talk about toll roads. QOTD- do you have them where you are and how expensive are they? My fellow Ontarians will know my answer- we have 1 major toll highway and it?s ridiculously expensive. Our new building at work is right off it (407) and it saves so much time to take it but if I take it all the way it's about $14 1 way. I save money because I have a transponder but I don't remember if that's before or after the $14. The guy I drive with never takes the 407 but I do on Friday afternoons.

Menu:

B: Protein Shake

L: Salad Bar at work

D: we will probably eat out tonight so Protein first

Patches are on!

Weight is 177.8 today so officially I've lost 116.8 lbs in 9 months and I've lost 5 lbs this month.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

pinyee
on 10/12/17 4:58 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Morning friends.... Happy Friday Eve!!! Hoping to have another productive day at work. One of my offices is moving locations today so I am sure I am going to be getting a lot of phone calls but all is good.

QOTD: The only time I hit any toll roads is when we go to DC to see my daughter or when we go to Boston. But in both of those instances it really is not all that expensive and so worth the price of admission!

My food for the day:

B: Coffee with premier and bacon

L: grilled chicken

S: cheese and yogurt

D: taco meat and cheese

Well I'm going to hit the ground running.... Decided that today at work since my office mate is out helping with the move it is going to be a country day so a little Garth and little Luke... A good day...

Teena D.
on 10/12/17 6:51 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

That's how we feel when we travel through the states! We went from New Brunswick to PA a couple of years ago and paid $16 the whole way, and when we travelled to SC in April, it was even less!

Au_Contraire
on 10/12/17 5:15 am

I posted, only to have OH swallow my post. I have to remember to copy what I've written before I hit submit!

Here on the central coast of California there are no toll roads that I have found. We even call highways "freeways"! I know the Golden Gate is a toll bridge, and I'm sure there are others. Other places I've lived have heavily traveled toll roads, like the NJ Parkway and Turnpike, and Dallas North Tollway. Don't even get me started on the toll bridges and tunnels in the NY/NJ/CT tri-state area! The town I grew up in has strong awareness of it's pre-Revolutionary War past. The King's Road there was, long ago, a toll road, with fees assessed by and collected by the British. Discontent with this arrangement led colonists to develop a more or less parallel road a couple of miles away which was named Shunpike Road, for obvious reasons. Learning that tidbit about two roads I knew so well fascinated me when I was a kid, and helped to maKe history real to me.

First: Vanilla Protein drink

B: 2 oz. turkey

L: 2 oz. chicken

D: 2 oz. ham or tilapia

S: 1/2 Protein drink, or a little Greek yogurt

Have a good day, everyone!

pammieanne
on 10/12/17 9:45 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

We called them Freeways in Houston, too! I still do...

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Meggles07
on 10/12/17 5:17 am - Canada

Good morning :)

It is so cold and windy today. It's days like this that I miss some of my insulation ;) Not much planned for today. I'm worried it's going to be a slow day at work. I do have some personal things I could work on, so maybe I can do that.

QOTD: we use the same toll road as Teena but we don't have a transponder so we pay an extra fee. When we went to North Carolina we accidentally went on a toll road when we went to get dinner. DH said the food had better be amazing if he had to pay for a toll too ;) lol. It ended up being the best BBQ of our trip!!

Post-op two years, seven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - ham

Lunch - turkey sausage

Snack - peanuts

Snack - pepperoni and cheese

Dinner - leftover turkey I think

Snack - protein shake if needed

All water and vits.

Kakesie
on 10/12/17 5:49 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Teena and Menu Family!

QOTD: No toll roads here in rural Nebraska!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 85, Calories - 1,025, Carbs - 78.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: hamburger patty with melted cheese, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: chicken alfredo

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, Atkin's peanut butter cups.

E: Walking my dog around the subdivision

Have a WONDERFUL day everyone!

~ Karen

supershopper
on 10/12/17 5:50 am

5 pounds this month and you are concerned??? My weight loss was VERY slow compared to yours.

QOTD: I'm north of atlanta GA and there used to be a toll here but they decided that since it was 'paid for' that they could take it down. It was .50 cents. One time my DH and I were in the car in the wrong lane and we flew through without paying. We were in the online pay pass land and no one would let us over!! So we expected to get a ticket for a zillion dollars in the mail and it never came.

There are some new super lanes that are supposed to get you places faster but I have not used them. They are really cheap, like .40 i think

Food for today:

Egg whites

last of chicken gizzards

veggies

jello/yogurt concoction

decaf

water

weight holding steady today again, no food pigs in sight for me :)

logging and journaling REALLLY helps!!

exercise: as much walking as possible today and some yoga at home.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Teena D.
on 10/12/17 6:53 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks Hil- Sometimes we need reminders. You're right- 5 lbs is still pretty good.

Queen JB
on 10/12/17 5:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning. QOTD: Yes, we just moved from the toll booths to electronic tolling here in MA. It's great not to have to slow down, anymore! I have one school that is expensive for everyone to get to because of the tolls, but work reimburses us for getting to that school, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Accountability: Great. Switched out a bunch of things for convenience but stayed almost exactly as I planned in terms of calories, carbs and protein. 2 days in a row with carbs under 30 and over 12,000 steps. Not exactly a streak but it felt good.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?