What do you do with Greek yogurt?

seattledeb
on 10/12/17 11:48 pm

I love the stuff. It's a meal for me every day.

My current favorite is Ellenos full fat plain Greek yogurt. It's local and divine but others do well for me. Full fat/plain.

I add splenda or SF vanilla syrup. Lots. And I add 3 tbs. of bran buds. A variety of about 2 tbs. of fruit. Pineapple is this week's fruit. I get on a run but there is always some frozen blueberries to grab a handful. No matter how fast you are, your hand will be blue.

What's yours?

Dcgirl
on 10/13/17 5:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I had SO much Greek yogurt in the year after surgery that I sort of got tired of it! But, I used to love the Light and Fit Greek yogurts, specifically I would get the strawberry and mix in 2 tbsp of PB2, powdered peanut butter. It's kind of like a low carb pb&j sandeich flavor ?

seattledeb
on 10/13/17 10:05 pm

I had years of not eating it because I spent too much time eating it early out. Also the first year it seemed chalky to me.

ScaleSkater
on 10/13/17 5:16 am

I like Fage 0% but add pumpkin seeds and almonds to get my texture and fat. That and a hard boiled egg are my weekday breakfasts. I might occasionally add some low sugar Jelly if I'm feeling crazy.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

ScottAndrews
on 10/13/17 5:25 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Fage 2 %. Many brands of Greek yogurt add pectin to thicken it. Fage is the real deal. 23 grams of protein per cup. I use SF maple syrup or just berries.

Ginnny
on 10/13/17 6:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Eat it.

kio
on 10/13/17 10:22 pm
RNY on 09/08/17

Me too! I love it plain. I do get fancy with it on occasion, but it's great with nothing else, too. :)

HW: 355 | SW: 298 (-57) | CW: 281 | M1: -17 | M2: ???
"In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer."

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/17 6:04 am

I buy it all the time and then realize I don't want it. But if I do eat it. It is full fat greek yogurt. It stays with me longer and tastes a lot better.

I do buy this brand but usually vanilla. I just add berries to it. I don't eat the whole container. But I could.

http://powerful.yt/yogurt/

seattledeb
on 10/13/17 10:09 pm

When I buy single servings they seem to languish in the fridge.

Looks like yours is extra protein added yogurt.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/17 6:25 am

I know about the extra protein. But I wish I found it in the beginning of being post-op since I had to put protein powder in my yogurt.

This doesn't taste bad though.

I eat it usually when no one else is home since sometimes I will make bad choices when by myself.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 373 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 81 views
Recent Topics