RNY and identical twins...skin and other issues

cabin111
on 10/28/17 9:38 pm

Just curious if anyone knows of someone who had RNY and their identical twin did not?? I am over 11 years out from surgery. My skin is so thin that I think it may be from malabsorption. I know this happens with age and some of it could be RNY related. I do eat the color of the rainbow and take my vitamins...All labs are good. Just wondering if they have studied identical twins and what they find many years down the road? I would love to see what they have found out about both twins concerning this surgery. Brian

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/17 8:56 am
RNY on 03/26/17

I'm an identical twin, I'm 7 months post op. My twin sister hasn't had the surgery, I'm hopeful that she will because it went so well for me. But we are totally different, and are lifestyles are extremely different.

I'm married with no children and work full time, she's married with 4 children and doesn't work outside of the home, being a mom of 4 under 10 is nuts and she also helps on their cattle farm.

She can't seem to put herself first ever!! I told her that when she can commit to the program I will be there to help her through it.

cabin111
on 10/29/17 9:24 am

Well if she doesn't get the surgery, it would be cool if a teaching hospital could test both of you in a few years out. I would love to see them test for certain enzymes and for Biotin...See if the labs are close with both of you. Brian

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/29/17 9:10 am

Beside regular proteins - collagen is responsible for joints, skin, nails, hair etc. When I see my nails getting weak- I remember to add some collagen to my drinks. It makes a difference for me. I don't count collagen proteins into my daily min protein intake. Not much is needed, just more consistent amount per day.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 456 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 464 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 418 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Forum Search Error & 404