What's on your Sunday menu RNYers

Insert Fitness
on 10/29/17 3:52 am

hi everyone!

Its sunday funday! Anyone have any plans? We're still at the farm, but heading back to the city early this morning.

Karen, hope Blossom is on the mend!

qotd: Peach's post about maintenance got me thinking. We get so caught up in post op lifestyle, sometimes we forget what we've already accomplished!

what goals have you reached post op? How do you define success? When I started this process, my goal was simply to make my way in the world easier. And I have definitely succeeded at that. No more worries about fitting in spaces, not having energy to do stuff etc. I love just being a person in the room. Not standing out.

i started out at 378 pounds. I was so happy when I reached 299. and my clinic's expectation for me was 232 pounds. My first real goal, was under 200. That's when it got real. Then my focus shifted to no longer being obese. I've done that, and now I'm slowing making my way to a normal BMI. Very, painfully, slowly hahah.

But I think I'm most proud of the behaviour changes I've been able to make. The surgery made it possible to focus on them.

accountability: on point!

menu:

no idea whatsoever. but first, coffee. Then, protein.

take care!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Kakesie
on 10/29/17 4:28 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Erin and Menu Family!

Thank you everyone SO much for all your kind wishes about Blossom! She is back home and is doing well. I think we caught it in time. They made her throw up, coated her stomach with charcoal to absorb any medicine that didn't get thrown up, and kept her on IV fluids for 20 hours to flush out her system. We have to take her back in 2 weeks to have her kidney functions tested but hopefully there won't be any kidney damage from her "overdose". It was an expensive mistake letting her get a hold of those pills - nearly $1,000! But she's worth it.

QOTD: I started at 282 lbs. and set my goal at 180 lbs. I reached that and am now below 150 lbs. and still losing slowly. My main goal was to improve my health. My liver doctor had told me that if I didn't lose weight I'd be in total liver failure within 5-10 years. I'm happy to say that my liver enzymes are now normal! My blood pressure and diabetes are also much better and the arthritis pains in my joints are minimal now days. I have so much more energy and feel fantastic!

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 86, Calories - 1,125, Carbs - 86.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: chicken & wild rice soup, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: stuffed peppers

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, Atkin's peanut butter cups

E: Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen

Librarian67
on 10/29/17 8:40 am
RNY on 02/28/17

I'm so glad that Blossom is feeling better. I have my fingers crossed for good bloodwork.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Kakesie
on 10/29/17 10:09 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you, Janet!

yvonnef1964
on 10/29/17 5:03 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I been up since 4:30 am. Was about to go back asleep when my alarm went off.

Going to church this morning and go see my dad before winter sets in. I don't like driving in it so I don't see my dad as often but I call him on a regular basis. He enjoys seeing me in person.

Qotd when I started at the clinic, I weighed 345 and set a goal for 175 due to being lower than I was in my adult life. I kept thinking there was no way I get there but when I passed it, I lowered my goal to 150 but haven't made that due to my binge eating. If I go over the 175 mark then I reign in my eating. Hopefully I can get my mind back in the game.

Accountability had some peanut butter with my apple

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

S large sf French vanilla iced coffee

D garlic and mozzarella sausage and butternut squash

Have a wonderful day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/29/17 5:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My plans today are to travel home (ahead of the storm coming into the northeast US). I am leaving the hotel at 5:30 am and will be home on Cape Cod by 7 pm. The conference was good. I met up with Cecily C. from online OH. I really enjoyed meeting her and the sessions yesterday were excellent. I skipped the after party since I had to get myself back on east coast time to travel today.

QOTD: My main goal was to improve my health and reduce my chance of a heart attack early. My BP is now well controlled on a low dose of medication and I am off all other medications. I feel good and have a lot of energy. Obviously I am happy to look good in clothes again too!

1 year, 7 months post-op (maintenance). 10 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: Emipie egg salad

L: turkey and cheese from the airline "protein pack"

D: something leftover at home - I have stuff in the freezer

S: protein snacks from goody bag.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 10/29/17 5:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ugh - weight up above 145 this morning - my "oh crap" number. Lots of sodium the last couple of days, plus we were at a Halloween party last night and I ate way too much (luckily no junk food, but still - way too much). Today is my mother's birthday and she only lives about 10 miles away, so we'll probably go out to dinner. Crap. I hope wherever she chooses is a place with safe choices... If it weren't for that, I would undereat my calorie range today - but maybe I can regardless. Luckily, nothing really coming up in the next few days, so I should be able to get rid of this..

QOTD: my highest was 373. I lost 57 lbs through my six-month supervised diet and my two-week pre-surgery liquid diet, so I was rolled into surgery at 316 lbs. My goal at the time was to weigh 199 lbs (i.e., under 200), and it seemed like a pipe dream. My other goal was to live a normal life span, because I was seriously afraid of not seeing my 65th birthday.

once I got to around 220, the dietitian asked me if I wanted to stick with 199 or if I'd thought about a new goal. I told her 170-180 sounded good. She said that should be do-able as long as I stuck to the plan.

Once I got there, I told her I wanted to shoot for 150, which is a normal BMI for me. She said that was unrealistic - that very few of their patients who start out as SMO make it down to a normal weight. She thought something in the "overweight" or "class I obese" category was a realistic goal for me. That was all the motivation I needed.... At my lowest, I was 136, but my weight usually hovers around 142-144 these days, which is fine.

2 years 4 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt, strawberries

S: coffee with half & half, mocha protein/Miralax shake

L: corned beef & swiss cheese

D: ??

probably another yogurt later

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Librarian67
on 10/29/17 6:02 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning weekenders! I have a killer cold that started on Friday. I've taken a break from exercise to rest my body and am sleeping alot and drinking fluids. What do you folks take for colds post surgery? I am having to read the labels pretty carefully to avoid NSAIDS and aspirin. I hope that it runs its course fairly soon because I am tired of coughing and sniffling.

QOTD: I recently reached my weight goal, but I am most happy about my health achievements. I am completely off all of my meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma, and feeling great.

Menu: it's a little up in the air since I'm not feeling well.

Breakfast: egg beater zucchini omelet, 2 pieces turkey bacon

Lunch: Turkey breast, baby carrots

Snack: Grape protein shake

Dinner: pork chops, cauliflower

Exercise: I may take a short walk today, but probably I will take off again

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Au_Contraire
on 10/29/17 7:31 am

Hope you feel better soon! My Rx for colds used to be very aggressive doses of Echinacea tincture, a little zinc, lots and lots of Vitamin C, and good hot homemade chicken soup! Not sure how the Echinacea tincture would work now though, as tinctures are alcohol solutions. At any rate, I hope you feel better very soon.

Kakesie
on 10/29/17 8:17 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I'm so sorry you have a killer cold, Janet. I take Zicam every 3 hours when I have a cold and it really seems to shorten the duration of the cold for me. I get the generic Zicam (Zinc cold remedy) at Walmart instead of the brand name stuff. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics